Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 days out and wondering why I don't feel any different?

I had my surgery Aug 1....so I am nine days out. I get my Protein Shakes in..no problem...I drink Water...sipping and with a straw no problem...I've lost 10 pounds. What I'm confused about is why am I having no problems... everyone else talks about their lactose intolerance or nausea etc. I'm worried my surgery didn't work. I can drink as much as I did BEFORE my surgery..I have ate eggs and mashed potatoes with Isopure Protein powder added. I can't eat but about 5 bites before I feel it so I stop. I'm just scared to death since I have had no problems that my surgery isn't really working... :(

I thought the same thing! On the 10th day post-op, my new tummy nerves woke up. Then. I cofelt the difference! I hope this is turning out right. When I type it doesn't show up until I post so I oly see a blank page.

I had my surgery Aug 1....so I am nine days out. I get my Protein shakes in..no problem...I drink Water...sipping and with a straw no problem...I've lost 10 pounds. What I'm confused about is why am I having no problems... everyone else talks about their lactose intolerance or nausea etc. I'm worried my surgery didn't work. I can drink as much as I did BEFORE my surgery..I have ate eggs and mashed potatoes with Isopure Protein Powder added. I can't eat but about 5 bites before I feel it so I stop. I'm just scared to death since I have had no problems that my surgery isn't really working... :(

You are just like me. I had no issues. Thank your lucky stars. I'm now down over 100 pounds 1 year out! Just keep your liquids going. :)

So you were able to drink basically just like before??? I am freaking out...I don't have the problems drinking...or even eating the soft foods...except I do notice I can feel the food after a few bites and stop myself from eating.

I am 12 days post-op. My doc has me sipping liquids throughout the day. I have been on a liquid diet and on Wednesday get to add Beans, crackers, and pureed veggies. I'm finding I'm still getting use to what it feels like to be satisfied with my Protein Shakes. Sometimes with my sugar free pudding, I can only handle 2 oz instead of 3. Be careful on how much you're eating. Even if it feels like you can eat that much, your new pouch may not feel the same way.

You are doing great. The reason you saw a lot of posts from people with nausea, trouble getting liquids down, etc. are those are the people who tend to post a lot. They are the ones who need information, reassurance, etc. But there are tons of us out there who had problem-free recoveries, able to get in all our liquids and Protein right away. You just didn't hear from us a lot because there was no real reason to post about it. Someone else said, it's like if you spent the day walking around the city and shopping. If someone stole your purse, you'd probably get on Facebook, twitter, your social networking site of choice, and post about how your purse got stolen. But if nothing bad happened to you, you wouldn't post on Facebook, "I walked around the city all day and no one stole my purse!"

It just means that your body heals well and your surgeon did meticulous work that didn't leave a lot of swelling, bruising, or trauma to your insides. Keep doing what you are doing :)

@@Melanieada, I feel the exact same way, no issues at all and I am already at a stall no pounds lost in my 2nd week, ( I was sleeved on 07/28) however I can see that my body is changing but it is a little discouraging wen the scale is not moving. I have since decided to put the scale away and continue to eat right and get my liquids in and I am walking about a mile a day. Good luck to you

This is the BEST FREAKIN' THREAD ON BP I have ever read!

Please, more stories about how boringly easy recovery was.

More!

More!

:) :) :) :) :)

Thank you guys so much. I have seriously been worried to death that something was wrong...since nothing seems to be wrong...hahaha. I so appreciate all your replies and comments

I am so happy to see this thread! I am going to make a post about my experience as well. I was has the lap band to sleeve revision on 8/5/14, and I haven't had ANY issues since I started on Clear Liquids. My doctor has me on apple sauce consistency foods until my one week appointment (this coming Wednesday)...I too was worried that maybe something wasn't right! So glad you made this post!

I'm soooo glad this thread was started. I had my sleeve done on the 23rd of July. I've been very lucky and didn't have any issues either. I too wondered if it was working. Lol. Although I haven't lost any weight this past week and 1/2. Wondering what I'm doing wrong. How many calories are y'all trying to eat?

I'm staying around 800...two Protein Shakes per day...as much Water as I can get in and a meal of Soup or something if that consistency....another rain I was scared is because today I felt so bloated...messed up and weighed..(promised myself I would only weigh on Fridays)...and I had gained two pounds....I just don't understand why...so not having any issues either..I thought omg it's not working

I will be 8 weeks this Wednesday, was band to sleeve, and so far no issues. Thank god because I so worried I was going to have everything that I was seeing. Just remember Bert in your Protein and liquids and keep up the good work.

I was pretty bloated a few days ago, too (my surgery was July 29), but it went away. I think it was just part of the healing process. I've been having a pretty boring recovery, too, and I am immensely grateful for it.