Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What types of cold cereals are you guys eating?

None. Too many carbs for me. Breakfast is usually an egg with bacon or leftover steak.

Also none. I want to avoid all non-complex carbs. A Protein Shake is all I need for Breakfast, at least for now. I'm afraid breakfast Cereal would start me down a path that would not end well. Guess I'm an all-or-nothing kind of guy. But if you absolutely have to have a cold cereal, probably a high Protein Kashi or something like that would be best. But you do get a lot of calories and carbs along with it. Might it fill you up before you can get enough protein in? Since your profile says you just had surgery last month, I'd check with your doctor or nutritionist.

I also think having milk with cereal would violate the no liquids with food rule. :(

I also think having milk with cereal would violate the no liquids with food rule. :(

You could easily use yogurt with cold cereal rather than milk.

I want some! I love Cheerios and (something else; I can't remember the name). But my box of Cheerios is just sitting here. I don't want the carbs right now. Oh well.

had some honey nut cheerios and it was awesome. cereal NEVER filled me before surgery, now just a few spoons and i was great! LOVING this sleeve and the control it has given me.

Haven't touched cereal at all. If I did, it would be buckwheat or oatmeal. Then I would load it with some Protein and probably add salt, no sugar or butter. I too am watching the carbs. Gotta keep it low.

I've started eating the Cheerios Protein cereal with a little bit of light almond milk and it's delicious. I alternate between that, banana nut oatmeal, and scrambled eggs with a turkey sausage link.

I have an egg most mornings, but twice a week I have raisin bran or shredded wheat. It helps me stay regular.

I've had high Protein oatmeal twice when I needed the Fiber. Other than that, no cereal. As others have said, way too many carbs!!

None for me, either. All carbs, no Protein (or very little) and I would think a slider food. I mixed a high protein, whole grain oatmeal in my Greek yogurt when I was in the soft food stage, but that's about it.

Since I hit goal, I'm always looking for ways to add more whole grains and fiber to my diet. I also like adding something crunchy to my Greek yogurt, but granola is way too high in fat and sugars. But I finally found a cold cereal that isn't too bad....Kashi GoLean. There's lots of varieties, but this one is the plain one with "fiber twigs, soy Protein Graham's and honey puffs". 13g protein, 10g insoluble fiber and only 9g sugar per cup. Made with soy grits, red wheat, brown rice, yellow corn, wheat bran, oat fiber, rye, buckwheat, sesame seeds, barley, honey and cane sugar. I mixed about 1/2 cup with plain Fage Greek yogurt, Torani SF pumpkin spice Syrup and YUM!