Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any more Waldorfians out there?

Guess Who's Home???

It's Me!

Surgery Went Fine.......thank God.

I Woke Up In So Much Pain Last Night In Recovery Around 7:00 Pm. They Started Me Out On My Morphine......and I Was Feeling Better By 7:15. I Didn't Get To My Room Til Around 9:30pm.

I Had A Terrible Morning And The Doctors Wanted Me To Maybe Stay Another Night. I Couldn't Urinate And I Was Sick To My Stomach All Morning. After A Good Nap, Some lunch, A Nice Walk Around The Hospital And A Lonnnnnnnnnnggg Shower, I Got My Act Together And At dinner And Now I Am Home.........

We Later Out Figured Out That I Basically Pushed The Lil Black Button To Much All Last Night When I Couldn't sleep And Made Myself Sick From To Much Morphine. Then I Turned Around And Ate My First Meal Of broth, Jello And Water Tooooooo Fast. So Needless To Say Couldn't Keep Nothing Down.

I Am Home Now Relaxing And Trying To Get This Gas And Pain Down To A Minimum. I'll Be Home The Rest Of The Week, So Keep Me Busy With All Of Your New Posts......

Take Care,

Chanda

Welcome home! I, too, got sick from the pain medicine. However, I already knew that I could not handle morphine so they gave me something else right from the start. Boy oh boy...it sure did hurt throwing up. I feel for you. How do you feel today? Can you believe that you got your band on? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I think that I'm going to call the office because ever since I got my fill, I have no restriction at all and it terrifies me that I am going to gain weight. :P I'm so scared. I have worked so hard to get where I am right now and I don't want to blow it. I want the scales to keep going down. When I last saw him he said that I couldn't get another fill for 8 weeks...that puts me at the end of August. I'm not so happy about that. Maybe they can do a test to make sure that the fill took.

Anyway...you take it easy and get lots of rest. Walk around to get rid of that gas pain and drink plenty of Water. I did a lot of sleeping during my time off. Take Care!!!

:whoo:

Tina

Hey Tina,

Did you find out about your fill from Dr. Brody?

Everyday is getting better as far as the gas and the pain.

Only problem I am having is drinking. I feel like everytime I swallow I am getting air in with the liquids. I just had a bad experience with a can of Slimfast. Yesterday it took me about 3-4 hours to get one can down. And today for some reason I thought I could do a whole can in about and hour. Bad idea....

Anyway, I just walked up and down the stairs and all around the house immediately to move the gas.........And I feel better already. Boy this is ruff. If I can't even drink right, I have feel like I will never be able to learn to eat properly with the band.

Also, I have question for you regarding bowel movements. Sorry but I have to ask. I haven't had one since Sunday which was the day before the surgery because I took some dieters tea to make sure I was clear before Monday.

I feel like if I took a laxative or something I would feel 100% better.

Let me know what you think! Also anyone else from the gang, if you can shed any light please help......

Take care,

Chanda

Chanda,

Glad to hear that you're starting to feel better. Everyone is different. Honestly...I had a rough time of it myself, but once that gas pain goes away...it's all up hill from there. I was off of work for a week and a half.

Bowel movements...I had a great deal of difficulty and I still do. Dr. Brody suggested that I take a stool softener. You can also sprinkle Benefiber on your liquids. You can't taste it and it works. I used to be a very regular person, in fact I had irritable bowel syndrom. Now...I'm lucky if I go twice a week.

Keep going for those walks...

Yes...it does take a while to get liquids down...every day will get better.

I haven't heard back from Dr. Brody's office yet regarding my fill. I left them my work number and I called in today because my son is sick, so I need to call and check my messages.

Well...continue to recover!!!!

Tina :clap2:

:o

Hey Tina,

Did you find out about your fill from Dr. Brody?

Everyday is getting better as far as the gas and the pain.

Only problem I am having is drinking. I feel like everytime I swallow I am getting air in with the liquids. I just had a bad experience with a can of Slimfast. Yesterday it took me about 3-4 hours to get one can down. And today for some reason I thought I could do a whole can in about and hour. Bad idea....

Anyway, I just walked up and down the stairs and all around the house immediately to move the gas.........And I feel better already. Boy this is ruff. If I can't even drink right, I have feel like I will never be able to learn to eat properly with the band.

Also, I have question for you regarding bowel movements. Sorry but I have to ask. I haven't had one since Sunday which was the day before the surgery because I took some dieters tea to make sure I was clear before Monday.

I feel like if I took a laxative or something I would feel 100% better.

Let me know what you think! Also anyone else from the gang, if you can shed any light please help......

Take care,

Chanda

Congratulations Baby Girl on your new band, looking forward to joining you this week:clap2::whoo:

Chanda,

Glad to hear all went well with your surgery. Take care and keep us posted on your recovery and new eating habits.

Hello fellow Southern Marylander's,

I'm not on the site that much because of job restrictions to this web page but I wanted to congratulate those newly banded & say that I'm from Bryans Road, MD.

That's on the other side of Waldorf. Anyways, I'll try to hollar later on this evening.

Hello To All!

Just Wanted To Let You All Know That I Just Returned From My 2 Week Appointment With Dr. Brody And All Is Excellent!

Down 20 Pounds And Counting!

Good Luck Tomorrow Chimboree! You Will Be Fine.

Hello To Sonya, Tina And Tanya.

See Ya Soon,

Chanda

Chanda,

Congratulations on your weight loss. That's awesome. I called today to make my next appointment. Things have come to a screetching halt for me, but that's alright because I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I just have to concentrate on at least maintaining my weight loss and not gaining any of it back. Will power is a terrible thing.

I have been wondering how you were doing. Have you gone back to work? How are you feeling? I was going to send you a message today so I'm glad to see that you wrote to us. Keep up the good work and let me know how things are going.

:whoo::whoo::whoo: HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! GO CHANDA!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Tina

Thanks so much for the support Tina. Really means alot!

I am lovin my band thus far. I told Mr. Handsome -aka- Dr. Brody that whatever he did to my body 2 weeks ago to DO IT AGAIN! I told him if what i am experiencing is what life will be like with the band, please can I have a fill early! He said no of course. But I know that this tightness will wear off before that first fill and I don't want to loose the restriction.

Is your 1st fill not working??? When is your 2nd? Keep the faith and Thank God for what you have lost thus far.

My mom just put it all in perspective for me when I called her a minute ago. She reminded me that you don't want 20 pounds every month because you don't want to have to have plastic surgery after all of this. And she is absolutely right.

See ya,

Chanda

She's right...you don't want to lose it too quickly, but I am almost certain that I will need plastic surgery when all is said and done. My stomach basically fell after each pregnancy. I know that I'll have to have skin from my stomach removed, and that's alright with me. I have already prepared myself for it and already started saving. I'm planning on having it done in about two years.

Dr. Brody will not budge when it comes to fills. To answer your question, no the first fill did nothing. I feel like I had more restriction prior to my fill. I have absolutely NONE right now. You are right...it will wear off before your first fill, but you should have it up until about a week or so before hand. I called today to make my next appointment. I told the lady (by the way...where's Jorgina?) that I had my first fill on June 26, which means that I can have my next fill on August 21. However, I will be on vacation and can I get my fill a week early and she said "no". So...I am scheduled for August 28...first appoinment of the morning...8:30 am. These next five weeks are going to be torture. If I can maintain, I guess I'll be happy, but if I could lose, I would be much happier.

I would love to lose an additional 15 pounds before vacation. We are going to the beach and I will feel better about myself walking in the sand if I could drop a couple more.

You are so funny calling Dr. Brody, Dr. Handsome. Isn't he just the nicest doctor? I love the entire office. You never have to wait forever before you are called back. You get in and you get out. I'm glad that you decided to go to him.

Well...continue to keep me informed...can't wait to hear all the good news about your weight loss...

Tina,

You are right I was about 15 minutes late getting into town this morning and I literally sat down at 10:00 and they were calling me back at 10:05 and I was back in my car at 10:30. I was thinking, BOY wouldn't it be nice if all Doctor's appointments were that way!

So did Dr. Handsome say that since the 1st fill didn't kick in that they still won't adjust to the next 6 weeks??? That's a bummer!

Girl go to the beach and enjoy! Just imagine if you were even heavier than your heighest going to the beach this year.

I am not even going on our annual cruise this summer, because my Lapband was my vacation this year! (smiles) No really after being on a ship last year at 305 and not wanted to go out or do anything, I figured I would not even put myself or my family thru that this year. We will go all out next year and do maybe a 10 day to Hawaii. But I sure will miss that Freedom ship, it is the best. But only goes to the Caribbean.

Have fun,

Chanda

I couldn't agree with you mroe. I would hesitate going to the doctor's office as much if they were all like going to see Dr. Brody. I take the metro from my work. I barely have to take any leave. It's great. I even get there early and they still take me right back. It's the best.

You will learn that with Dr. Brody, you can only get fills 8 weeks apart. It's killing me. I can't wait until this thing starts to work. When was your surgery? Was it 7/16 or 7/9? When did he tell you that you could get a fill? Do you know what happened to Jorgina?

You're right...I am happy that this year at the beach I will be smaller than last year, but I really wanted to be even smaller. Last year my bathing suit was a size 22...I went out last week and bought a size 18. That was nice. Not that I look amazing in it or anything, but it's smaller. Are you back at work yet? Do you work in DC or locally in Southern Maryland?

Tina,

I have to wait until after Labor Day for my first fill. I was banded 7/9.

I haven't a clue where Jorgina is. I know she told me that she was applying for Federal positions. But I am not sure if she is still there or not.

Boy do I wish I worked locally! No. I am on the other side of the world in Rockville. I love my job but the commute is no joke. I switch it up and take metro some days and drive on others.

I came back to work last Wednesday after a week and a half. And by Friday I felt like I worked a full week!

Take care,

Chanda