Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

canadian who have gone to mexico

If I lived quite a distance from Toronto, I would definetly be banded by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. (9500 us) But Dr. Ortiz doesn't have the new AP band yet that Dr. Cobourn has been using. I would go to mexico because I have heard what a great surgeon he is and aftercare will be an issue, if I was banded in Canada or Mexico. But I live only 2-3 hours from Dr. Cobourn's office, so I think I will have my surgery there. Dr. Cobourn's surgery includes aftercare and any complications you may encounter. Thoughts to think about, that is for sure.

Hello andreerichards1:

You've made a very wise decision in staying in Canada for your operation. I may be a little conservative in my thinking but if I were to have complications from the operation (don't forget we get general anaesthesia) I would prefer to be at home than either south of the border or Mexico. Furthermore, as already mentioned in a previous thread, if you have a pre-existing condition and you have your surgery outside of the country, you could be in a bit of a bind where the insurance companies are concerned. I know you'll be happy with Dr. C's clinic and I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience at the TLBC. Both clinics have amazing doctors and staff.

Keep posting Andre. Will watch you progress in your journey with interest and support if you need it Doddie

I also decided to g with Dr C and am very happy

How many Dr s will take the time to chat online with their pts on a weekly basis?

I also decided to g with Dr C and am very happy

How many Dr s will take the time to chat online with their pts on a weekly basis?

My family doctor dont usally remember my name lol but Dr. C make time to call people at home or email them. I have never meet anyone like that. I really believe if i have a problem with my band i will be able to find him and he will help me, not just take my money and run away.

Wow, that is great what Dr. C does. I would like to see the TLBC do that as well. I am very happy with TLBC but I would like to see those little extras.

Dr. C. appears to have a good network of support whereas the TLBC lets the patients take charge of the support groups. Excellent for TO patients but anyone further away is left out in the cold. Excellent support is given by the TLBC if you call about a particular problem, but for the most part one is left to their own devices. Doddie

Hmmmmm...I find that viewpoint interesting because TLBC staff (incl the doc) do call and talk to their patients. And they have their own support network on their website AND they have video and teleconferencing for support.

Hi Yoda. They have never called me unless I called them. The telecommunication support group just had its first one and their website is never used. The other one is run by one of their staff and is very much into the Toronto support. Although people further away do join in, you can ask anyone from Sask., Alberta, BC how they feel. Most feel very much alone in finding fill nurses, etc. I did have a call from one doctor after I commented on the website I never had a true consult. I won't go into old details. As I posted earlier, some of the lack of communication was my fault in not researching thoroughly. Havng said that, I still would pick the TLBC as my first choice. I take the position they are very busy dealing with new patients and that if I have a problem, I can call them. Once advised they do everything for me they can. As for personal e mails from a doctor, I really don't know who is writing it anyway, could be a staff member.

I'm sure bought clinic are really good, people just have to go with who they trust more and for me was talking to Dr. C calling me at home meant lots. as for a nurse doing the fill well Dr. C did find a Dr. here in Whitehorse to do the fill. As for the emails well i was really surprise when i got a email from him, i really didn't think he was writing his own email so i call the clinic and the lady at the desk told me he does answer his own email :omg:. Everyone as done so well from bought clinic.

On an interesting side note, my fill provider told me that he will no longer be doing fills on Mexican patients. The reason why is that he has seen too many messed up ports, people dont know or cant find out what band they have, and trying to deal with the clinics in Mexico to get info is a nightmare.

When I heard that I was glad that I stayed in Canada.

Andrew

hi i went to mexico in may and had my son and i done by Dr Lopez at the hospital Angels it was spotless. we had weight loss for the first two weeks and now it stalled my weight went up 5 pounds, so did my son. we can eat a large quantity surprising. every now and then i get it caught in the intake pipe for a half hour.

Thanks Gordie

:hungry:

hi i went to mexico in may and had my son and i done by Dr Lopez at the hospital Angels it was spotless. we had weight loss for the first two weeks and now it stalled my weight went up 5 pounds, so did my son. we can eat a large quantity surprising. every now and then i get it caught in the intake pipe for a half hour.

Thanks Gordie

we paid 15,000 US for two of us.

can you get me the doctor in calgarys name i need a fill and would drive their.

Thank You

Gordie