Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here, any October/ November Sleevers?

Hello everyone. I'm October 14th. I'm self-pay and going to Mexico. I'm 5'1" and 220. My husband is not very excited about me doing it either....

Hello everyone, I will get my date at the end of the month, hoping for October. I have to go for the pulmonary test tomorrow, sleep study & stress test.

Elderberry, I'm fairly new & may not be able to offer much advice but I am a good listener. Going alone, I'm sure is a scary but you can message me or add me as a friend- YOU WILL SUCCEED!

Hi Gals!

It's funny how every program/Ins requirements are different.

I was told it would be 4-6 months of provider visits and nutrition visits. 2 exercise therapy visits. Psych screen, 2 pre op support groups, and a 6 week lifestyle changes course, THEN I can see the surgeon for last visit and tentative surgery date providing my ins company approves

How much weight do you have to lose before surgery. My surgeon said I have to lose 25lbs. How are you planning on meeting this goal?

Ccuaron - the hospital I am working g with in NH requires all that. My Ins covers BMI over 40 with no co-morbidities, 35 BMI with 2 co-morbidities.

My BMI is 39.1, super close, but going through it all anyway. I have no co-morbidities.

I'm almost through though, I more pre-op group and the psych eval. Then I see the surgeon. I feel like I'm waiting to see the great and powerful OZ lol

I was told to stay between 240-245.

I was 239.5 going In and stayed that way till June. When I went up to 245 ( I stopped nursing my 18 month old baby)

There gonna help me as best as they can. They say my ins is pretty good about things so fingers crossed

November 2nd Surgery date in Mexico. I'm nervous about the long wait and all the time I have to think about it. Everyday seems like a different emotion. I have support from my husband but am terrified to tell anyone. Having anyone's support here would be so wonderful.

November 2nd Surgery date in Mexico. I'm nervous about the long wait and all the time I have to think about it. Everyday seems like a different emotion. I have support from my husband but am terrified to tell anyone. Having anyone's support here would be so wonderful.

Hi

Everyone so nice there's lots of us together going through this! My surgeon said I don't need to maintain or lose weight but he puts me on a liquid diet for 2 weeks b4 surgery! I'm so tired of being heavy I'm 248 now .. Have my 4 th pcp visit tomorrow then 2 more left.. I scheded all other stuff like the psych eval already too lol just want a date and afrAid if too close to Christmas I don't wanna ruin the holidays if there's a complication and I'm terrified of leaks and stuff but who isnt lol I'm on and off this a lot because I am busy working full time and have an 18 month baby and other kids but I love you all and let's stick together!

With the facility Pathway I can't even get an appointment with the surgeon until I have gone through all the hoops. I understand the necessity of it all to be successful but the wait between appoinment times is crazy and I feel like I have been left in limbo. The bariatric staff does not keep in touch. Feeling discouraged. All I have left is the sleep study which could be September before there is an opening. :(

hi just discovered this site and its great to see that there are people with the same questions and issues as myself. I have my date set for October 21st so getting a little bit nervous but more excited and proud that I am doing something about this problem - eventually, Have a holiday before my op so think this is distracting me some what but am sure nerves and excitement will take over as time draws near. great to hear from others and maybe share our weight loss journey together

Hi

Everyone so nice there's lots of us together going through this! My surgeon said I don't need to maintain or lose weight but he puts me on a liquid diet for 2 weeks b4 surgery! I'm so tired of being heavy I'm 248 now .. Have my 4 th pcp visit tomorrow then 2 more left.. I scheded all other stuff like the psych eval already too lol just want a date and afrAid if too close to Christmas I don't wanna ruin the holidays if there's a complication and I'm terrified of leaks and stuff but who isnt lol I'm on and off this a lot because I am busy working full time and have an 18 month baby and other kids but I love you all and let's stick together!

I'm 320 and 5'9. I'm also tired of fighting the weight battle. I've been denied twice by my insurance so Mexico it is. From what I've seen though there are a lot of hoops to jump through with insurance so I'm kinda glad I'm skipping that with Mexico. Still nervous though as I kind of just show up and the tests determine if I'm ready or not.