Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seems like the majority of posters here are women

I am two weeks post op and i have not found that the surgery has reduced my desire to eat emotionally...yet. But, I can see that because of the restriction I just won't be physically able to eat like I used to...so my brain has to move on, and that will take some time. Everyday it seems to get a little easier.

No, the surgery itself doesn't remove the desire to eat. Its not being able to eat much for the next few months that helps in that regard.

In my experience anyway. It SUCKED at first, wanting to eat but not able to. At around six months, the desire and amount are around even. I don't really desire more than I can eat at this point.

How many timer per day do you eat? Any Snacks at night? any vomiting? Any dumping from sweets?

Long term sleevers please chime in also

The sleeve and the bypass both reduce hunger greatly since your stomach makes hormones that send hunger and craving signals to your brain the surgery especially the sleeve cause with that they actually remove 80% of your stomach you produce a lot fewer of those hormones I had my sleeve 1-23-14 and I still DONT get hungry I only eat cause I have to now there are days not many when I can eat more than others but still not out of hunger

How many timer per day do you eat? Any Snacks at night? any vomiting? Any dumping from sweets? Long term sleevers please chime in also

Eat 3 times a day two snacks one between Breakfast and lunch and one after dinner before bed time snacks MUST be sugar free low carb high Protein such as cheese PB2 yogurt

Only vomit when I eat to fast or too much dumping never in fact I wish I could some times cause I go 4-5/6 days without a BM

65% of people who get WLS are women. Drop in on a Weight Watchers meeting some day and take a count. Men are less likely to acknowledge that food has gotten the better of them and men are less likely to seek medical advice for any problem. I didn't decide to do this until I was 65 after sixty years of dieting. I had plenty of concerns and fears concerning the dangers of surgery, but in the end I tolerated that very well. It's the slow weight loss that's troubling me now. dlf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches