Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a lot of trouble gagging down most Protein shakes post-surgery. Way too sweet. Chike saved me. coffee Protein FTW :D And Syntrex nectar (a lot of flavors, a lot of fruity flavors that aren't overwhelmingly sweet)

For crunch...I would chew my SF popsicles. It wasn't perfect, but it allowed me to chew and it was something I was allowed to have at that stage. (I also had the chewable Vitamins and Calcium. That helped)

Don't know if anyone has tried them but I did the Premier Protein from Sams. They got me thru the rough times of not being able to eat. I could not take the powder shakes either...I would just gag! When I was able to eat more...stewed chicken was my saving grace. I still cannot eat grilled chicken as it feels like it's going to choke me to death..I still eat alot of greek yogurt as that has always gone down well. You will make it thru...you are in the toughest times now...I promise you it WILL get much better!!

Best to you!!

Sw: 227

Cw: 195

6/9/14

Struggling with food...:(. I was a picky eater before but now seem even worse...nothing sounds good... Yogurt and cottage cheese I can't do!!! Having a hard time even getting even Protein in.....struggling mentally too....reaching out for some help

Sometimes I am so jealous of those who live in the USA. You all seem to have access to so many more products than we can find in Canada. I am headed to Phoenix and San Francisco in Sept and plan on stocking up on as many products as I can.

Sw: 227 Cw: 195 6/9/14 Struggling with food...:(. I was a picky eater before but now seem even worse...nothing sounds good... Yogurt and cottage cheese I can't do!!! Having a hard time even getting even Protein in.....struggling mentally too....reaching out for some help

Are you on soft foods yet? Can you start incorporating ground meats? Make some turkey chili or Beans?

I eat an egg a day. Gotta say am all egged out. But I was getting really creative. I love deconstructed huevos rancheros

2 tablespoons of Beans - I like black and mashed them you can use refried

1 tablespoon 2% Mexican blend cheese shredded

1 poached egg on top

A couple drops of cholula hot sauce. Optional or add a tablespoon of salsa

Delicious

@@Jersrose43 That huevos rancheros sounds really good...I may have to try that for lunch.< /p>

@@Jersrose43 That huevos rancheros sounds really good...I may have to try that for lunch.

I like it. I used can Beans once but trying to reduce the sodium content so I made my own pot of dry Beans over the weekend and packed up 4 ounce baggies from that and froze them.

I use those now and that helps on sodium by a lot.

I eat this maybe 3-4 times a week and mash the beans with a fork

Try this also- and if you can eat soft food great of not break out the cuisinart!

1 pound lean ground turkey

1-2 teaspoons Japanese sesame oil

1-2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce

1 scallion

1-2 ounces cilantro chopped fine

1 eggs - mixed

1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs (add slowly)

Combine all ingredients except egg and Panko

Slowly add 1 egg. Combine. Add a little of the Panko combine. Once you see it is binding you can stop adding Panko and save carbs

Make meatballs. I go for golf ball size

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes

Makes about 15 or so at 3 ounces each if you do golf balls----Delicious.

Wrap em up and freeze eat as needed

I serve this to the whole family. They eat what I eat or they can make their own meals

Try this also- and if you can eat soft food great of not break out the cuisinart!

1 pound lean ground turkey

1-2 teaspoons Japanese sesame oil

1-2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce

1 scallion

1-2 ounces cilantro chopped fine

1 eggs - mixed

1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs (add slowly)

Combine all ingredients except egg and Panko

Slowly add 1 egg. Combine. Add a little of the Panko combine. Once you see it is binding you can stop adding Panko and save carbs

Make meatballs. I go for golf ball size

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes

Makes about 15 or so at 3 ounces each if you do golf balls----Delicious.

Wrap em up and freeze eat as needed

I serve this to the whole family. They eat what I eat or they can make their own meals

I'll have to try this the next time I make meatballs. I still have a partial bag in my freezer from last time I made them (I used the ground chicken, but added very little else. They were baked in Tomato sauce since I was making meatball subs for the rest of the family with them...I just ate a plain meatball)

I had a lot of trouble gagging down most Protein shakes post-surgery. Way too sweet. Chike saved me. coffee Protein FTW :D And Syntrex nectar (a lot of flavors, a lot of fruity flavors that aren't overwhelmingly sweet)

For crunch...I would chew my SF popsicles. It wasn't perfect, but it allowed me to chew and it was something I was allowed to have at that stage. (I also had the chewable Vitamins and Calcium. That helped)

Luv the chike especially the coffee! I just reordered already the can of coffee flavor..an the others are fabulous also..I use it all! Glad it better..

I'll have to try this the next time I make meatballs. I still have a partial bag in my freezer from last time I made them (I used the ground chicken, but added very little else. They were baked in Tomato sauce since I was making meatball subs for the rest of the family with them...I just ate a plain meatball)

This sounds Awsome! Goin to copy!