Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was sleeved June 23rd...I'm down 38 pounds (that includes the weight I lost during my 2 week pre op diet) I've been doing pretty good mentally up until recently. I am sooooo tired of these post op phases to the point of tears. I just moved to the purée foods and I thought changing it up with make me feel better but it doesn't. I would kill for a freakin crunch...it's not even that I want anything bad for me. Actually...what I'm craving is a veggie tray with hummus but I can't have it. Some people say these phases don't bother them because nothing sounds good...but to me anything but Protein Drinks, Soup, and mooshy crap sounds good. Ive been doing this for 5 weeks and now I find myself not even eating and getting my Protein in because I'm so over it. I need to change my attitude but is anyone else struggling?

Hi I'm 9 days post op and I was over the shakes from the first day I started them. Today I found myself chewing on a piece of chicken and throwing it out, just for the sensation of chewing on food. It's definitely tough.

I have chewed and spit it out as well...and the thought if drinking a shake makes me wanna GAG... I can't stand it :(

And I've tried multiple.

I was sleeved on June 24 th and have also been struggling with food choices. Nothing sounds good. Half the things I 'm support to eat making my stomach hurt! The shakes are sooooo sweet. Even cutting the flavor with powdered Peanut Butter or yogurt isn't enough. Yuck. Also frustrated!

Glad I'm not the only one... Ugh

I suggest you check out the blog, "The World According to Eggface."

I found the 'Protein shots' at Walmart. 42 grams of Protein in a 3.8 ounce tube. Slam it down quick, versus mixing a Protein powder shake. Made getting my protein in, much easier. Also, Muscle Milk tastes way better to me than my whey protein powders. Not sure why, but I would rather have them anyday versus mixing my own.

No ur not the only one. I dnt like the Protein Shakes they nasty and makes me even more sick to my stomach I have tried everything. It just won't work for me. Just horrible and I mean horrible.

I was sleeved 06/24, and having the same issues. Protein Shakes, some mushy foods, and even Water makes me nauseated! So only getting 350 calories a day. Very hard to get Protein above 30 grams. I tell anyone that ask me how the surgery has been and I say, "it hasn't been any picnic, it has been really tough so far"....

Please don't chew food and spit it out, this is not a harmless practice . . . link to a post from Laura-Ven explaining the reasons you definitely don't want to do this!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/252757-chewing-food-and-spitting-it-out/

I was sleeved 06/24, and having the same issues. Protein Shakes, some mushy foods, and even Water makes me nauseated! So only getting 350 calories a day. Very hard to get Protein above 30 grams. I tell anyone that ask me how the surgery has been and I say, "it hasn't been any picnic, it has been really tough so far"....

It seems like you could be eating regular food by now. I was on liquids for a week, mushy/soft foods for two weeks after that and then I could eat almost anything protein. Why so long on mushy foods? As long as you chew something to mush with your teeth, isn't it still mush when it hits your tummy? I'm just six weeks out and can eat anything my tummy is OK with but I'm sticking with Proteins, of course. Trying chewing a piece of chicken really well and swallowing it and see how your tummy does.

I was sleeved June 24 and here are some things I've been doing to overcome this mental torture see if it helps you. I am in purée stage until Monday. Then soft foods

First I made a commitment to myself that only 1 meal will be cooked In this house. No special diet for me that's different. It makes me depressed.

Everyone is eating high Protein and low carb. Lean meats.

I just purée mine and sit with them. It makes me feel better to know we are all eating the same thing. Mine just looks a little different.

I've scoured Pinterest, skinnytaste and other sites looking for great recipes for the family that I can have puréed.

I am Portuguese Which although Mediterranean has a lot of carb/starch based foods. And I miss them. So I've actively been working on changing the recipes and fiddling so I can have certain things in my new life. Not all have been succesful but give me a break 2.5 weeks!

On the days kids has friends over and they all want pizza. Well I made myself a dish of warmed ricotta with some provolone and Parmesan and added a spoonful of pizza sauce - 2% mozzarella melted on top -- and well not exactly pizza. It killed my desire.

I have found it's easier to try and make everything normal and just purée myself. That's all.

I suggest you check out the blog, "The World According to Eggface."

I agree. I have found so many recipes and ideas on there...love the ricotta bake!

My doctor said it was ok to chew sugarfree gum, so I have Trident always with me for that need to chew!