Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not doing well with my band....

So I am over 2 years out and was down almost 70 lbs - have put on about 6lbs, eating everything, not exercising and now my doctor is dropping my insurance. My motivation is gone and still want to lose at least 35 lbs and cannot!!

Please help, I need some inspiration.

Lauren

I'm sorry :) You must be feeling very discouraged. I wish I had some answers for you. Did the doc say WHY he's dropping your insurance? Perhaps he can refer you to another surgeon that accepts your insurance. Keep us posted (((hugs)))

O boy been there and done that many times. HOW WE ARE FINE FOR MONTHS OR YRS. AND DOING WHAT WE SHOULD DO, LOSING WEIGHT EATING RIGHT. tHEN ONE DAY YOU GET OUT OF BED AND ALL HELL BRAKES LOSE. You just cant get back where you belong WHY.......... What makes our mind change to the dark side? I know it can take along time to get it right again. But it will happen I hope real soon for you I really do good luck

...getting so close to goal makes it tough to stay motivated when we are 'so much BETTER' than 2 years ago....

If you come up with the magic "LAST 30# PUSH" be sure to post it for all of us....

I'll second that Jack!

If your doctor is still taking the insurance for a while then I would start there and see if you can at least get more fill. If not, then try to find a different doctor or do a self pay for a fill. Maybe with proper restriction you will start losing again. good luck!

I feel your Pain

Lauren,

Go back to the basics...remember why you did this to begin with....get your mind set around you goal and get back to it...you know what you are doing that is causing you to be defeated....get your mind made up that you are going to get back on track....and you will be able to do this....hang in there...don't give up....

Today's a new day--just like the day you woke up from having the lapband procedure.

Starting today you will commit to drinking your fluids.

Commit to having a Protein shake for Breakfast and another for lunch.

Commit to 3 oz of chicken/turkey/fish and 3 oz vegetables for dinner.

Commit to MOVING for 30 straight minutes.

Commit to remembering the size you were 2 years ago, remembering how little energy you had, how discouraged you were with failed diet attempts.

Commit to congratulating yourself on being 70 lbs, SEVENTY POUNDS! lighter each time you mindlessly reach for a snack.< /p>

Get a fill anyway you can.

Deep breath.

Re-commit.

Move.

You've done it before and starting today,

You can do it again!

Hi Lauren,

This is something we all go through from time to time. After two years, weight-loss-fatigue can set in. Be kind to yourself! You've done a wonderful job and your band is still there to support you when you are ready to use it. Your new lifestyle isn't a diet to be on temporarily, it's a permanent lifestyle change.

Six pounds isn't the end of the world but it is attention-getting. Remember where you came from--maybe it's time to put a "before" picture on the fridge? Every time you allow you band to tell you that you are NOT hungry it is a victory and another step on the road to better health. Don't obsess about 35 lbs to go, think about where you have come from and all the pounds you've already dropped.

Come to the support groups, too. They really help! Second and last Wednesdays of each month. See you there!

I really needed that boost of confidence mariecarmen. I have been struggling and the pressure of going on a cruise and having to put on a bathing suit is giving me anxiety. It sems as if I have forgotten the basics. I have to get back to the basics.....thank you and wish me luck!