Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 6: May 27-31st Sleevers

Have been down 80 lbs, but have been in a stall the last couple of weeks. Even gained back 1 lbs. Tracking my meals and running about a legit 1200 cals aday. I cant complain about the weight I have lost , but want to get past this stall. Any suggestions. I eat 2 pieces of fruit and fruit flavored greek yogurt all of which have carbs. Should I cut these carbs out of just be patient and hope stall obsides?

Quest bars have great flavors and no nasty after taste and 20g of Protein.< /p>

Luvn the quest bars! I stumbled across them at a friend of mines living healthy store. Perfect!

Yes - they are pretty awesome!

I bought a cookie dough Quest bar and I actually liked it! Its the first Protein Bar that I have liked. I also bought a brownie one but did not like it. So I am going to order a box of the cookie dough ones. Thanks everyone!

There are so many great flavors - Cookies and cream, apple pie, Peanut Butter and jelly, etc.

How's everyone doing weightloss wise now

Doing well! Down 85lbs so far. I'm still not eating to my full calories because I am getting too full too fast. I have been doing well on Protein, drinking 100 calorie sugar free muscle milk(one a day) and one think thin bar a day. I can't get through either in one sitting though. Lots of Water and have had some snags with our home, so I'm doing good what I can with it.

Edited by mrsfitzpatrick

I'm down about 50lb since surgery (over 60 since the pre-op diet and just three pounds from one-derland!). I keep my calories between 800-1200 depending on whether I've worked out that day or not. I worry that I can eat too "normally" already in terms of volume -- one of the downsides of being able to tolerate everything and overall just having very smooth process with this whole thing. I keep my Protein above 100g grams a day though, and my carbs are generally under 35g, so I guess I'm doing ok.

Anyway, I'm off to my 3.5 month checkup now!

I can tolerate everything too!! It's awful

And I'm scared I'm over eating all the time I reallly need to do the sleeve test or whatever it's called or just go on liquids to shrink the size

I asked the doctor today if my calorie count was too high, and she said just to listen to my body. So, I dunno. I'm losing and I'm working out a lot, so for the time being, I'm not gonna worry too much.

I have lost 73 lbs so far. Generally i do well, but this week i misbehave ( damn period) it scares me because it means that keeping the weight off will be a challenge. I have days when i can eat anything and others where i cant swallow much. Something interesting happened, between july 9th and august 9th i had lost 10 lbs, and between august 9th and september 9th i lost 15lbs..so that was great news. Sometimes you have to look at different rolling average to find out that you are doing better than you think

What's the sleeve test ?

I found a trèasure in my mom's addik : 8 pair of pants, 3 shorts, 2 capri, 3 skirts, 2 shirt. That all fit me again. They are from 2002 to 2005i would say . Post my xenecal diet. I am happy to hâve all of thèse again, however it got me down be cause i started thinking when i was taking xenecal i thought that was thé solution ....so what If thé sleeve only works for now, Will it Réally be thé final solution??? I hâve doubts... I see thé other Guy at work who had it, he is not eating right , i am piss at him but at thé same Time i Know that thé impulse to eat is so strong... I hâve started to cheat myself , i dont like it and i am not proud, i just do not Know what to do about how my head is wired

Hi everyone, been a while for me. I'm down 48 from surgery, 70 overall, and 2 sizes in clothes. Grateful for my sewing machine, I haven't had to buy much new but been doing a lot of alterations. Because of my gallbladder removal on Aug 11th (that went well thank goodness, minus incisions refusing to heal fast) I am still on exercise restriction, but I can eat "what I want" aka regular sleeve maintenance food again. I can get back to lifting weights and vigorous exercise next Thursday.

I have been getting about 60 grams of Protein, the min my dr recommends, and I'm fighting to stay hydrated. I've also reintroduced coffee back into my life (boo bad me!), and that has helped with my low blood pressure. I was dipping to 92/60 sometimes and any lower means a trip to the ER. I've been in a week and a half stall, during which my Hair loss has increased significantly. My dr said because of the repeated gallbladder attacks, my body is under severe stress mode and regardless of what I do I'm going to be losing hair, breaking nails, bad skin, and worst brain fog and fatigue, for the next three months at least. It literally feels like I got pushed back to month 1 after the sleeve in terms of how i physically feel.

So in the middle of all that, I thought, I haven't read the forums for a while. Time to check in and get accountable and get inspired so thanks ya'll!

Not losing weight like I was and starting to get upset. I know this is a marathon and not a sprint but I am not losing like I was but I haven't changed anything.

Edited by 4andcounting