Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GREAT NEW SINGLE LOCATION FOR "STALL TALK!"

Thanks for starting this new forum. I think it will be a great resource for everyone struggling with stalls to help each other--all in one convenient spot!

I think this is an excellent idea. Stalls are an issue for everyone & it's always interesting to see how other people deal with their stall. I stalled & if I hadn't seen the issue about carbs I would not have known to cut back on them.

I think this is an excellent idea. Stalls are an issue for everyone & it's always interesting to see how other people deal with their stall. I stalled & if I hadn't seen the issue about carbs I would not have known to cut back on them.

After you cut back on carbs... did your stall finally end? Details. How long were you stalled? How far out from surgery were you?

Jennifer

Hi..I'm 5 weeks out and my weight has stalled. I don't know if I'm eating too little or too much. I don't see my Dr. Again until September. I list the first 3 weeks and then I haven't budged since. I dont know if i should go back to Protein only or what because im on soft foods right now for weeks 4 and 5 but i can have fruits, veges, carbs etc. Any help would be appreciated. I'm getting nervous that the surgery wasn't a success or my stomach stretched out or something.

Hi..I'm 5 weeks out and my weight has stalled. I don't know if I'm eating too little or too much. I don't see my Dr. Again until September. I list the first 3 weeks and then I haven't budged since. I dont know if i should go back to Protein only or what because im on soft foods right now for weeks 4 and 5 but i can have fruits, veges, carbs etc. Any help would be appreciated. I'm getting nervous that the surgery wasn't a success or my stomach stretched out or something.

Hi luv. I'm almost six weeks and stalled also...... AND have the same worries as you too..... I lost in the first two weeks, then nothing, apart from one lonely pound that keeps coming and going!!!!! I'm due to see my consultant next Friday, so I'll let you know what his opinion is, good luck Hun. Try not to worry too much x

Lucky....Wow, that's what happens to me too, the same pound up and down. I don't get it. I'm not over eating or anything. Very frustrated at this point. Thanks for letting me know..I will check back to see soon.

Thanks Alex for creating this wonderful new resource! Stalls happen regardless of type of surgery or even no surgery. I haven't had surgery yet but I am sure when I hit a stall I will be right here trying to figure out how to get over it.This is the place to go when one has gained even an ounce and just wants their hand held. Furthermore, it will be easier to find information since it will be lumped together.

Tell us about the carbs plz Hun. I'm trying to not eat too many, as they have never really agreed with my many diets over the years. But in my recommended menus from the hospital, there are quite a few carbs, so although I'm doing as I've been told, not cheating, exercising and working really hard I am in a terrible stall, only five/six weeks out. So, I'm wondering if it's the horrid carbs again!!!! Help plzzzzzz

Glad to see this Stall Talk location is such a hit. I'm 7 weeks post op & had a short stall at 3 weeks. At 5 weeks I stalled for a week & gained 2 pounds. That's when I changed my carb intake. I try to stay under 50 but that's not always possible. I have now lost the 2 pounds so I'm hoping the weight keeps coming off. I am now allowed 1000 calories/day but it's hard to get that many calories in & keep the carbs down. I probably average around 800 calories. I also get in 60 grams of Protein per day. If I'm behind in my grams I will drink a Protein Shake of some kind. At the end of the day I like Unjury's chicken broth. Almost like having a cup of tea before bedtime. LOL

carbs can be a diet KILLER, along with too much fruit; which has "hidden" carbs and sugars...we were told to keep fruit to a minimum and NO juice...always use whole fruit, much better for you and more satisfying.

To this day, I don't have "white" carbs...I will have a warm, fresh roll when we go out to dinner...if I feel so inclined...but that's the only time....

stay away from carbs and fruit as much as you can... I substitute spaghetti squash for spaghetti (need to get my Italian in) .. I don't use bread for sandwiches...no loss there... etc.. minor changes can be big on helping...

I'm really surprised that your Dr is allowing carbs and fruits already

Is it normal to have a stall only 1 1/2 weeks after surgery? I'm having some issues getting enough calories in and not as many carbs. Maybe that's my problem. I'm going to really try to keep my carbs under 50, which someone suggested earlier. It would be nice to know though that I'm not the only one so new to the surgery who is having a stall.....

Remember that exercise and logging your calories are a major part of this journey. If you can only walk, then walk but you can't expect to keep losing if you're not moving. I too had to limit my carbs for the first year post op. It was the hardest thing to do. Some months I did great and other months I didn't. But after time, I reached my goal. I had several stalls or plateaus along the way. It's part of the process. Keep following your doctor's orders and you will be successful. Good luck everyone.

hello...I too am not loosing weight....lost some in the first 3 months...4th was a stall...5th month i put on...now 6th month I am trying to loose those 2 lbs...slow slow wt loss..

I am going for knee transplant in oct....hopefully i can walk a lot then and loose weight.

Here is a link to an article from magazine section on the site. It's great 'food' for thought.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/page/articles.html/_/plateaus-and-regain/breaking-a-weight-loss-plateau-r46

Also, check out this 3 Week Stall explanation. It makes sense to me. (Thanks Kindle!!)

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html#.U7I2Stq9KSN

From my personal experience, which is limited, if you have stalled for a bit, look for the non-scale changes. When my weight change slows, I find that my body is shifting. This is when I see the bigger changes in inches and other things like stamina.

Bottom line, we all go through stalls, and we get past them. Keep working your program and it will work for you!!

Edited by Susan-031314