Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had all me pre opp assessments today and started my liquid diet two days ago which is horrendous but I'm trying my best!!!!

Surgery date for the 14th of July and I'm so excited and so scared all at the same time!!!

Any advice on anything at all?! I feel like I've had so much information that I can't even remember it all and worried about anything I could be un-prepared for!!! How much has everyone lost so far?! I need some sort of encouragement through this awful pre op diet!

Thanks ????☺️

I was banded on the 20th of June, lost 22 lbs on pre-op, two weeks, shakes broth no food. It was brutal but part of the process. You will be fine, time to relax and just get through each day.

Good luck!

Colleen

The whole process seems overwhelming unless you start training that part of yourself that is capable of analytic and critical thinking.

We are all so emotional as eaters some of us begin to act as if emotions are capable of keeping us overwhelmed.

To me such feeling are a bit like the winds that moved sailing ships....without that wind the ship wouldn't move.

Sometimes that wind blows the ship in the wrong direction.

A clever captain could learn how to read the wind and devise a strategy on how to sail where he wanted to go despite the 'prevailing winds'.

As Bandsters or any WLS patient, we all have to learn how to control our jibs & adjust our mainsails!

Personally I was so wound up that I almost got up to flee from the hospital. Scheduled as #2 surgery for 7am, I had driven over 3 hours to be there on time, got held up at a rail crossing by an amazingly slow & looooongggg freight train, then waiting with EXTREME anxiety in the pre0p chamber, I was notified of delay in start of my own procedure. I was within moments of leaping up and dashing out with or without my clothing. My sweet bride reminded I could make ANY choice even a bad one if that was what I wanted.

Calming down some, they came & whisked me away.

It was a good decision to have the Band for ME.

Every day is opportunity to take more steps in the direction of YOUR goal.

Cheers on your journey.

Sorry I cant help you with any liquid diet info, as I did' nt have to do that at all. I just was told not to gain any weight in the 2 weeks before my surgery, or if I could lose some weight, that would be fine. Lost 5 lbs . My surgery and recovery was a breeze, honestly I've had more problems with a root canl than I ever did with the Lap Band. I started loosing right away, lost 50 lbs in the 1st 7 months ! Life has just gotten better and better ! Im healthier and happier than ive been in a looooong time ! I wish you well !!!

Wow I'm having surgery the same day! July 14th it is!

I saw my surgeon today, and we chatted quite a bit, he calmed me, and made me feel extremely comfortable about the whole thing.

So far the liquid diet hasn't been too difficult for me. I eat a ton of vegetables plus the four Protein shakes, and I somehow manage to get through the day relatively easy.

For me the hardest part was choosing between the lap band and the sleeve, and to tell you the truth I'm still not sure I made the right decision. But being that I'm young, completely healthy, and have a BMI of only slightly above 40, I just couldn't bring myself to cut out 85% of my stomach only in order to lose some weight. It just didn't feel right to me.

Another thing that I'm a little nervous about is not being able to drink with food. I tend to drink huge amounts during the day, and I get thirsty very quickly; the thought that I won't be able to drink after eating a thirst inducing food, is making me quite nervous.

Thanks everyone!!!! Just really want it to all hurry up and be done so that I can get on with it :) day 3 of this crappy diet and I've got all my French family down who are all obsessed with delicious French food it's killing me! I'm soooo hungry! And there's my favourite foods everywhere as I'm not telling them it's an awkward one... Only 11 days to go.... !

I am also a July 14th bander And on day 3 of my pre op diet. Really struggling with getting 5-6 medifast Soups in a day. Only got 2.5 down yesterday. I hope you are having better luck than me!

I am also a July 14th bander And on day 3 of my pre op diet. Really struggling with getting 5-6 medifast Soups in a day. Only got 2.5 down yesterday. I hope you are having better luck than me!

Ahh good luck!!! I failed miserably tonight and ate a salad with some tuna.... But I'm day 5 and I've lost 6.5lbs which I'm chuffed with! Just keep going it will all be worth it in the end :)

I think you will be ok. I have been researching VLC diets that shrink the liver. Most people are allowed to have 2 shakes and one meal with high Protein and veggies. So I think that you are fine.