Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 6 weeks post op and I gained a pound this week :( I eat between 700-800 calories a day of all Protein based foods. My carbs are below 40gms a day. I do my best to get my Water in (as in, I sip non stop all day long) but usually get about 50oz in. I walk 3-4 times a week for 45 min at an incline. I'm frustrated :( I'm open to advice!

My advice would be to change your expectations. This is not a going to be a day to day loss kind of thing. As a woman, I'm sure you know you are going to be retaining fluids at different times of the month, this is going to equate to weight. You are doing nothing wrong, just keep following the guidelines your medical team gave you and you will be fine. As long as you follow the guidelines as closely as possible, loss will occur. But remember, it is NOT going to be a straight line from surgery weight to goal weight.

agree with PDX...it's a journey (as we all say)... there will be hills and valleys... please don't weigh yourself everyday, you'll drive yourself crazy! :blink: Once a week...same time

keep following the program and it WILL happen...let it work for you

You are doing fine...keep on going ! ^_^

@ Shahada, I am experiencing the same thing. I am 8 weeks and a couple of days out. I was going through a stall and then the scale move 1.8 pounds and a couple came back on and now a stall again. But meanwhile, I am losing major... I mean major inches. What was told to me is your body has lost 61lbs in two months and it is trying to catch up. Also, my NUT warned us about this in our post-op NUT class on what to expect... as she stated the squirrel is trying to house it nuts because it thinks its straving and running out of food so it needs to store food. Also, someone else told me its a numbers game. Think about 1 calorie is approximately 3,000 calories. If you are eating between 700-800 calories in food and then you are working out and burning approximately 500-600 calories from your working out... your total intake of food is approximately 100 calories. It isn't possible to gain a 1lb because you are not eating 3,000 calories.

I think some good advise from everyone so far. I would like to add that it may take time to stop weighing yourself. I had to get that point and told myself that it's not worth the heartache. Check out how your clothes are fitting you when the scale moves up or stays the same, it will make you fell better.

Thank you for your responses everyone. I hate obsessing about this crap. I'll keep on trucking!

Here is a little story. A couple weeks back around 5 months post op I was chugging along. Going down a couple pounds a week on a steady basis. Fairly consistent for a a few months. I was getting close to my first but not final goal, what is called around here as Onederland. (Sub 200lbs) 210,, 208, 205, 202, 201.. Then a few days went by and poof 205lbs.... WTF!!!!!! I know about the whole ups and downs, I have seen it many times since surgery, But why now. Just when I was about to hit the mark I have been looking forward to for so long. So I just kept going, business as usual, I kept away from the scale because I didnt want to do anything to put a damper on my motivation. Needless to say a week went by and this morning I woke up, took a shower, shaved and brushed. And then i did it. The scale was just sitting there calling me.

The moral of the story is take a shower and the weight will come off. LOL

But really, just be patient, ups and downs will happen. Just keep doing what your doing and good things will come.

What he said ^^^...:-)

Shel

I'm so glad you posted this, I'm in the same boat and it stinks! I'm only 2 weeks out, I thought this was the honeymoon phase! I lost 14 my first week, plus my 6lbs pre-op for a total of 20lbs and then I stalled around day 8, then today I gained 2lbs!!!!!!!! I have no idea how, I am following all my Dr's instructions exactly, getting all my Protein, all my Water and working out! I don't get it and it's very upsetting!

I'm so glad you posted this, I'm in the same boat and it stinks! I'm only 2 weeks out, I thought this was the honeymoon phase! I lost 14 my first week, plus my 6lbs pre-op for a total of 20lbs and then I stalled around day 8, then today I gained 2lbs!!!!!!!! I have no idea how, I am following all my Dr's instructions exactly, getting all my Protein, all my Water and working out! I don't get it and it's very upsetting!

As I said above, just be patient. It happens. Especially at the beginning. Your body is still healing and getting use to its new routine.

Also, dont weight yourself every day. Especially if it upsets you when you see or dont see a change. I went from 201lbs to 205 and then back down to 199 in a week. Between waste, fluids and muscle growth there will always be fluctuations up and down.

I agree with Bob, it's so debilitating if you 'touch it with your mind' and it could be compacted wasted that needs to be released, muscle growth, lack of enough Water, or simply in need of a shower (Ha!). Hang in there an the scale will move, BUT, you have got to get to a healthier reliance of the scale. Your clothes tell a much greater story.

Good luck!

As I said above, just be patient. It happens. Especially at the beginning. Your body is still healing and getting use to its new routine.

Also, dont weight yourself every day. Especially if it upsets you when you see or dont see a change. I went from 201lbs to 205 and then back down to 199 in a week. Between waste, fluids and muscle growth there will always be fluctuations up and down.