Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CA - ONTARIO, CHINO (Discontinued)

Hi Alex and BariatricPal pals,

I am ready, willing and able to start up, and looking forward to growing a fun, active new Local Chapter here in western San Bernardino County, based near the south Ontario/Chino area. I am tentatively aiming for a Saturday morning monthly group, probably 9:30-11:00am. I will begin looking for a meeting location this week.

If anyone is interested in co-leading this group in this area with me, I'd love to hear from you/meet you, etc.

So, if YOU or anyone you know would be interested in these new, awesome BariatricPal face-to-face meetings in Ontario/Chino, please post a reply so we can start the ball rolling!!!

Thanks, everyone!

I recently relocated to Glendora (about 15 mins from Chino - my husband actually works in Chino) from Oregon. I would be very interested in attending a support group in the area.

Plz let me know any further details. Sorry, can't co-lead.

I recently relocated to Glendora (about 15 mins from Chino - my husband actually works in Chino) from Oregon. I would be very interested in attending a support group in the area.

Hi marfar7, Thanks much for your reply. Stay tuned to this thread for updates. I am really excited and dedicated to us Bariatric Pal pals having a regular place to gather monthly! I will do everything in my power to make this new group happen!

And--welcome to So Cal. Is it a big adjustment for you from living in Oregon? Never been to Oregon, but have heard it is a beautiful place to live!

Hi marfar7, Thanks much for your reply. Stay tuned to this thread for updates. I am really excited and dedicated to us Bariatric Pal pals having a regular place to gather monthly! I will do everything in my power to make this new group happen!

And--welcome to So Cal. Is it a big adjustment for you from living in Oregon? Never been to Oregon, but have heard it is a beautiful place to live!

Yes, it IS different living here. There's traffic, sales tax and u hafta pump ur own gas (they do it 4 u in OR). My husband was born and raised here so he's home.

I'm interested in getting together so when u have some plans, let me know! U can PM me if u'd rather...

Hello Livingfree,

I would be interested in joining the support group. I am not able to co-lead at this time. Please keep in touch and let me know when things are up and running.

Char

Hi marfar7--good to hear from you again!

Hi washda--thanks for your reply!

And--Hi everyone else interested in Ontario/Chino & surrounding areas!

I'm out looking for venues this week and gathering information for us on our group charter, procedures, etc. I am TENTATIVELY thinking about our groups being the FIRST SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH, 9:30-11:00am (but NOT JULY 5 because of holiday). Will announce actual date/time after location is selected. Hope to give you another update early next week, if not sooner. Thanks for your patience!

Just wanted to also mention--this is, obviously, just a starting point in our establishing a lasting and supportive group in our area that everyone can count on. Some people cannot make a Saturday morning group; some people could not do evening groups; some people could only do a Sunday afternoon group; some people could only come weekday mornings. We CAN GROW and eventually have meetings at other days/times "down the road" that might work better for you. But meanwhile, we hope you can make it each month so we can grow!

Ive been looking for a wls group near me! Im near fontana.

Ive been looking for a wls group near me! Im near fontana.

Hi CassandraChanel,

Thanks for your post and for your interest in Ont/Chino Chapter! As you surely already know, this would be a very reasonable drive for you.

UPDATE and Hi to all other BariatricPals interested in Ont/Chino Chapter too!

Still looking for a meeting location without much luck. With the hot summer upon us I want us to be comfortable indoors, but there are fees involved for indoor meeting space. I've found somewhat private, shady locations outdoors but no restrooms, or a full sun spot with restrooms. Just not the right combination. I still do have one indoors source I'm counting on coming through for us, but the wheels of progress are moving slowly. Still hoping, tentatively, to have our first meeting Saturday morning, AUGUGST 2, 9:30-11:00. Stay tuned for more details as they become available. I will let you know the MINUTE I KNOW!

Hello,

Have you tried any of the senior homes as I attend a support group in Riverside at a senior complex.

Hello,

Have you tried any of the senior homes as I attend a support group in Riverside at a senior complex.

Hi washda,

Thank you for taking your time to offer this suggestion. I used to attend a group at a huge assisted living complex as well and I thought those would be great places to try. Seems Sat mornings are often reserved for exercise classes! Still have one complex pending an answer, but starting to get the feeling I'm being dodged. Still trying and HAVE NOT GIVEN UP. PLEASE STAY TUNED!

What about meeting at a restaurant for the first time just to get things established and then we can go from there? At least we would have somewhere to meet, cold drinks and bathrooms if needed!

What about meeting at a restaurant for the first time just to get things established and then we can go from there? At least we would have somewhere to meet, cold drinks and bathrooms if needed!

Hi AmandaL and thanks for your post!

And hi other interested BariPal Ont/Chino members!

I really have been "on the fence" about that. Privacy for all of us is very important to me, and that's hard to find in a restaurant. I am still working on a VERY PROMISING location for our meetings with a TENTATIVE Aug 2 first meeting still a good possibility, but it's just a S-L-O-W process.

I don't want anyone to feel obligated to buy any drinks at a sit-down restaurant. But, I definitely hear you, and I as well would love to have us do an initial meet-up SOON. How about this-- I will scope out a few FAST food RESTAURANTS this Sat AM and see if I can find one where we could gather in a quiet little corner (if there is such a thing) in the next week or two (maybe 7/12 or 7/19). You can expect an update post from me on Monday.

Thanks again, and happy 4th of July weekend!

I would like to join as well. I don't have a date for my surgery yet, I am still going through the evaluation/approval process but would like to find a group closer to where I live.

I would like to join as well. I don't have a date for my surgery yet, I am still going through the evaluation/approval process but would like to find a group closer to where I live.

Hi jols--thanks for posting to Ont/Chino chapter! I'll be providing an update here tomorrow, so be sure to check back.

***Saturday, July 19, 9:30 - 11:00am FIRST MEET-UP***

Hi Ont/Chino & Nearby BariatricPal Local Chapter Pals:

Since securing our meeting location has taken longer than I expected, let’s do a little meet-up at this temporary location on Saturday, July 19, 9:30 – 11:00am so meanwhile, we can get acquainted. We’ll have just a casual agenda—I’ll share my vision for our local group, and want to hear what is important to YOU that you hope to benefit from having a group you can come to. So, here’s the location details:

Ontario Plaza Shopping Center

920-1070 N. Mountain Avenue

Ontario 91762

Ontario Plaza is on N. Mountain Ave

between W. 4th St on the north and W. I St. on the south

(where the recently closed Albertsons was)

More generally, on the east side of N. Mountain Ave between the 60 fwy and the 10 fwy.

We will be meeting in the southern part of the center (closest to Mountain and I Street).

In this part of the center, you'll see a Jack in the Box, there's a Avenue clothing store, an Aaron's rental place, and a Bank of America that sits at the NE corner of Mountain and I St.

We’ll be in a little outdoor courtyard between Marinello School of Beauty and Subway sandwich shop. There’s a metal overhead arch between the two that says Ontario Plaza. This courtyard has about 6 concrete tables w/chairs and shade so we'll have a bit of privacy that restaurants just don't give us. If weather is uncooperative, we could go indoors right there at Subway as a Plan B. No one needs to feel obligated to buy a drink if we end up inside Subway. Unfortunatey none of this space can be advance-reserved for us, but I’ll be there super early to claim our spot.

Hope you can plan to come. If so, could you please RSVP, either here or to our local chapter email at: OntChinoChapter@aol.com.

Thanks everyone. See you on the 19th!