Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gastric bypass revision and diet

Hi I am new on here and I am not really sure where this question should go. I am in the process of having a revision to my gastric bypass (it was done in 2004). I was doing really well with it until my car accident in 2006. Then inability to move and a few other issues made me gain some weight back. Well I am having a hard time getting all my Protein in and I was also wondering about other people's success with the revisions. What are the best Protein Shakes for the price out there? Are there any suggestions anyone can give me this time around? Besides don't get into another car accident lol.

You can check if you are covered for FREE Protein Shakes, scar cream and/or Vitamins by filling out the form at InsureNutrition.com...

I get it delivered each month, it's great!

<p><span style="color:#800080;">You can check if you are covered for FREE Protein Shakes, scar cream and/or Vitamins by filling out the form at InsureNutrition.com...</span></p> <p><span style="color:#800080;">I get it delivered each month, it's great!</span></p>

Thanks for that information . I will do that after I have my surgery.

You don't have to wait...they send the info to your doctor...so it can be approved before the surgery for your pre-op diet as well...or so that you have it after the surgery, when you need it most...as it will take a few weeks to get everything processed...just FYI...

<p><span style="color:#800080;">You don't have to wait...they send the info to your doctor...so it can be approved before the surgery for your pre-op diet as well...or so that you have it after the surgery, when you need it most...as it will take a few weeks to get everything processed...just FYI...</span></p>

Do they send it to your primary doctor or your surgeon?

I believe the form asks for your Bariatric surgeon... I'm almost positive (almost) that it goes to the surgeon.

If you don't like the flavor, you can change it, or "spice it up" with some Toscani sugar free syrups...I love the raspberry in the chocolate... just FYI :) LOL

Do you have yo start completely over & do the long waiting process for a revision? ?

I have a pocket accidentally made by my surgeon in 2013 & he treated me for reflux & ulcers which i dont have its the damage to small intestine, its like a hook/pocket & makes me nausea & vomiting several times daily, this damage was done yo small intestine. Im hoping gor a fast revision approval plus i had a staple dangling that was removed oct 9th ,2015 while having upper endoscopy done be g ore more damage was done..i ferl lost.