Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June 16th Sleevers Out There?

I am scheduled for the 24th. Reading everything I can. Bought my Vitamins and tried a Protein shake today. Tried them not to bad. I too am anxious, and scared. Saw the nutritionist today and got a a lot of information just trying to process it all.

Good luck and please keep us posted on ur journey!! Wishing u the best

I'm also set for June 16th, I'm on day 4 of liquid diet... I just hope it gets easier as time goes by. good luck to you all on your journey. :)

I am in day 5 of liquid diet... it is getting better .. can't wait for June 16th... enough of the sweet Protein shakes... I started for lunch with chicken broth with protein in it.. so it has gotten better ... I am now 7.5 pounds lost... can I say excited.. good luck everyone... :D

OK, day 5 of the pre-op diet. No more head aches, thank goodnes. I'm down 9 pounds as of this morning. I know a lot of that is likely Water weight, but I'll still take it.

Hi all - I'm getting sleeved on the 16th too!

Mostly excited, and a bit nervous too...

I am lucky - my surgeon gave me permission to eat real food instead of liquids for pre op so it hasn't been too bad. I do still get hungry sometimes, but the high Protein really helps curb that.

Good luck to us all!

How are all you June 16th-ers doing?

I'm going back and forth between excited and scared. Can't wait for it to be over so I can start healing and adjusting to the changes.

This morning was the first time I felt scared at all. I watched a video of a gastric sleeve surgery last night. That was the first time I actually saw how small my sleeve would be, which is roughly the diameter of a large writing pen. That got me thinking about just how restrictive my food intake will be.

Edited by Asdf12345

June 19th for me! I just came home from all my pre admission testing, stuff is getting real now!

I'm nervous but excited, and I can't help but wonder if this will work for me. I guess i'm used to being a diet failure!

My doctor is only requiring a liquid diet 1day before surgery & nothing after midnite the nite before. Weird huh? It seems like y'all are having the liquid diet way longer!

Good luck everyone!

In a week we'll all be losers!

My surgery is Tuesday, June 17th. Very excited!

I'm June 16th - doing okay on the diet - mine was 2 weeks with the first week including one sensible meal (3 oz. lean Protein and 1 cup of green veggies). Who knew I'd miss those sensible meals so much??? But, it's not that far off now and my family is very supportive. My hubby and kids picked up cooking duty and I slip away and read or something while they have dinner - it's just easier for me that way. I know they envy my Protein drinks, LOL, but they'll have to deal with it.

I hadn't weighed since my last consult (May 25th) and until yesterday and was pleased to see that I'd lost 30 pounds. But, I won't weigh again until the morning of surgery nd then only for stats.

It's weird, but I'm not overly hungry - Granted, I did dream of going out to eat last night, so maybe not being hungry is wishful thinking. Either way, it'll be over soon and it won't be too long until I can have more liquids and soft foods.

Yes, me. I was originally scheduled for the 13th but it was moved to the 16th.

June 17th.... Will that day ever come! I am so nervous and so excited. I know we all feel that way. Glad to know I am normal!

Unfortunately my surgery has been rescheduled for July 3. Turns out my surgeon would not operate due to a medication I was taking, even though my other doctors were fine with it. Very disappointing, as I was more than halfway through two weeks of liquid diet!

Good luck to all of you and I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Unfortunately my surgery has been rescheduled for July 3. Turns out my surgeon would not operate due to a medication I was taking, even though my other doctors were fine with it. Very disappointing, as I was more than halfway through two weeks of liquid diet!

Good luck to all of you and I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Oh no! Put a spin on the delay, it's a jump start, lol.

I guess the bright side is that every year from now on, your 4th of July celebration is going to have an extra special meaning. It's not like I can go out and buy June 16th decorations, right? lol

June 19th for me! I just came home from all my pre admission testing, stuff is getting real now!

I'm nervous but excited, and I can't help but wonder if this will work for me. I guess i'm used to being a diet failure!

My doctor is only requiring a liquid diet 1day before surgery & nothing after midnite the nite before. Weird huh? It seems like y'all are having the liquid diet way longer!

Good luck everyone!

In a week we'll all be losers!

I don't have the liquid diet requirement.. Mine is reduce food intake two weeks before and nothing at all by mouth after midnight the nite before.

I'm in NJ also.