Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck everyone I don't think I'm going to sleep a wink

In preop waiting for my IV right now. Good luck everyone!

Got done with the surgery in about 30-40 minutes. Woke up with some pain? But the nausea was worse. Seemed to take them forever to figure it out. Probably only a half hour. Everything went great, in a hotel room now. Walking and drinking has been going fine. Pain is just coming back but took some of my pain pills and an anti-nausea medicine. Haven't been able to pee since about 4:30 this morning. If I can't go in the left 3 hours I have to go back to the hospital :(.

Got done with the surgery in about 30-40 minutes. Woke up with some pain? But the nausea was worse. Seemed to take them forever to figure it out. Probably only a half hour. Everything went great, in a hotel room now. Walking and drinking has been going fine. Pain is just coming back but took some of my pain pills and an anti-nausea medicine. Haven't been able to pee since about 4:30 this morning. If I can't go in the left 3 hours I have to go back to the hospital :(.

I'm glad you are done. I am 6 days post op and get nauseated sometimes. Keep drinking fluids as tolerated... I don't know you but I'm so happy for you! Keep walking as tolerated.. You will heal faster. The pee will come LOL!! Soon! I had that problem, and when I started to pee.. It was constant...again, Kudos to you and I wish you a safe recovery!!

Im doing awesome, not a lot of nausea. Ive been walking the hospital halls several times. Oddly enough, i havent had gas pain. I've actually lost another 2lbs sihce surgery.

Ended up

Having to go to the ER last night and get straight cathed. Your bladder is only supposed to hold 300-500 cc of Fluid I had over 1,100 in bladder. But doing a lot better now. Gas pain in my chest has been what has hurt the most. Kinda nervous to take off the bandages today and see my 5 incisions.

Hi all,

Just now feeling up to looking at a screen. Everything went well yesterday and the doc said that it was easier than he thought it would be. They were worried I'd have a lot of scar tissue from my previous surgeries but that wasn't the case.

I spent most of the day sleeping and hitting the morphine button yesterday. My mouth was really dry, almost unbearable and the ice chips were giving me nausea. Also, the bed wasn't working properly, I couldn't adjust the knee area, so my back was hurting pretty bad. Got through it though and the doc came in a few hours ago and worked his magic, got me a new bed, more fluids, anti nausea and pain meds. Just woke up again and I'm feeling significantly better than I was.

As soon as I'm done with this Fluid bag they have me on and some Iron they're going to give me, I'm going to get up and walk again.

Hope you ladies are doing well this morning!

So happy y'all's surgeries went well!! Thank you for taking the time to post too!! Your words are really helpful for those of us who are following your tracks. Mine is tomorrow at 9am! I hope it's as good as your experience with minimal complications!

Well, back in the hospital because if dehydration and not being able to urinate...yay...not. Been having some issues with head hunger. My body doesn't want anything put into it, but anything my brain thinks of or sees it wants to eat by the boat loads. Incision pain and my stomach gurgling/flipping every time I take a drink have been almost constant. But bearable. Hope everyone else doing okay!

Well, back in the hospital because if dehydration and not being able to urinate...yay...not. Been having some issues with head hunger. My body doesn't want anything put into it, but anything my brain thinks of or sees it wants to eat by the boat loads. Incision pain and my stomach gurgling/flipping every time I take a drink have been almost constant. But bearable. Hope everyone else doing okay!

I'm sorry you're having trouble, I got it off the hospital today, I'm sore but so far keeping things down.

Still pretty sore, huge tmi but I want to let other know because I wasn't prepared for it. I just got a huge yeast infection Tuesday night. It is actually worse than the incision and stomach pains. Having all that on top of having a catheter, recovery has been a little rough. I still wouldn't change my decision though. I have been having a little regrets, but then I look at how happy everyone is with their sleeves and I get over it quite quickly.

Still pretty sore, huge tmi but I want to let other know because I wasn't prepared for it. I just got a huge yeast infection Tuesday night. It is actually worse than the incision and stomach pains. Having all that on top of having a catheter, recovery has been a little rough. I still wouldn't change my decision though. I have been having a little regrets, but then I look at how happy everyone is with their sleeves and I get over it quite quickly.

Oh no I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble! Just remember that this all will pass soon even though it doesn't feel like it now :-(