Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My physician had me go on chewable Vitamins like Flintstones Vitamins. They aren't pleasant but you don't have to swallow them to try and keep them down.

I had my surgery 5/21 and went out to dinner with friends last night. I had a small glass of wine and just had a bite of each appetizer. I went slow and didn't have much of an issue. Upping my Prilosec has definitely helped with the very uncomfortable feeling of having more solid food. But I do agree it's very hard that seemingly every social event revolves around drinking and eating.

I'm having the same issue with Vitamins. They make me so sick and i almost gag just trying to swallow them!! I'm definately going to get the Flintstones Vitamins and try those. I've been breaking that big horse pill in two and getting it down in between Protein bc my doctor said it helps if you coat your stomach with Protein first. Also I take them as late as I can so I sleep through the sick feeling.

Had a stall for a while but I seem to be losing again. Ready for solid foods. I'm really sick of eating the same things. Refried Beans, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, pureed chicken salad, Protein shakes, and yasso bars. I never thought my diet would consist of six things. So strange.

It's the chewable kind that are the problem....my doc won't let me swallow pills that are bigger than a baby aspirin! Has anyone tried the Gummy kind??

Yes, I use the multi-vites by Vitafusion, fruit flavored and I haven't noticed an aftertaste.

Checking in...4 weeks tomorrow. Doing well, minus the stall. Its TOM now, so I will wait for a weigh in. Went out to dinner with friends to a Tapas restaurant, best place for us sleevers! Had some cheese and a meatball. Even some gelato. I have also had 2 glasses of wine since week 3. I drank them over a few hours but it was nice. Begining to feel less tired which is great. I think I am doing pretty well since surgery, havent thrown up, no heartburn and only felt queasy a few times. Can't wait to stop crushing pills and actually just take them, ick. Hope everyone is doing well!

Had my 1-month post op appointment yesterday. The good news is that I lost more weight, the bad is that I didn't loose as much as the doctor expected. Only 4 pounds since my first pre-op appointment. I shared my food diary and problems eating. My problem is my Thyroid. Doc said it's going to be an upwards battle from here on out. I'm trying not to focus on the pounds or that this battle is going to be difficult but it's really disheartening. I had this surgery and still I have weight loss issues. Going to run some tests the next visit. #sad :(

Edited by AlwaysLorri

Say Hey Willie May Sleevers!

I just had my 2nd post-op appt today, 26 days out. I'm down 13.5 lbs from surgery in about 4 weeks. It's important not to compare myself to others!! Weight is just one metric in this ongoing journey. I'm down a size in clothing! My doc said, "if you were on a diet, And you lost this amount of weight, you'd be doing cartwheels down the hallway of my office". it's good to have perspective.

I'm currently in a 14 day "pureed foods" period. I am most comfortable with liquids and still have another 9 days before starting "soft" foods.

@@pjpanda VitaFusion is so good! I take the Fiber gummies and I actually look forward to it! (chewing is fun) My NUT emphatically stated "Gummy Vitamins are crap" but I also know that some doctors specifically tell people to get the gummies, so I don't worry about it too much.

I was sleeved May 20. Started at 247 and I am at 219 now at exactly 4 weeks out....but.....I'm miserable! I can't keep any (have bought 8 different kinds) Vitamins down....they just come right back up or I spend an hour trying to keep it down to only fail!! I also can't tolerate and Protein drinks so I'm NOT getting enough Protein and I still can't seem to get anywhere close to 64 oz of liquids :(

I'm exhausted all the time and I think it is because I don't eat....

Suggestions on things to eat would be great....and help on the Vitamins would be a life saver!

Hi dswan. I was sleeved on may 22, and I know what you mean about the vitamins. Ive tried 2 different chewables and 3 different liquids and couldn't keep any of them down. 3 days ago I bought the gummy vitamins, which I found at Vitamin Shoppe and I finally think I've found a keeper! No nausea whatsoever.

Sleeved May 21st. Was 301 pre-op and as of today I'm 272.

This week I've moved on to lean ground meats and by next Wednesday I will be completely off restriction except I can't eat steak or pork chops until I'm 3 months post-op.

I had my 4 week visit. My PA basically told me to stay off of the boards. She also noted something interesting, she has seen that men drop weight quicker initially. So, I'm losing as I should be, but the comparisons are simply unhealthy and sometimes untrue. I don't want to add to that. They want me to get Protein from food now. They're not a fan of shakes past 4 - 6 weeks b/c of the by products.

So, I tried fish again. Big mistake. Fish just is not agreeable with this new stomach. It is the only food that revisits. I miss it though. Shrimp was okay - yeah! chicken is tough so I'm still doing my deli meats and cheese.

I was band to sleeve revision on 5/23. My SW was 225 and lost 8 pounds on my 2 week pre-op diet. Lost another 15 pounds since surgery, for a total (so far) of 23 pounds. I thought this was slow, as compared to many, but after reading many of your posts here and knowing we're all around the same timeframe.... maybe we're all exactly where we're supposed to be! I've heard that for whatever reason, revision patients seem to lose the weight slower than virgin sleevers. I don't know why that is - maybe it has something to do with the fact that we were already used to eating smaller poritons due to the lap band, so our bodies don't go into quite as much shock... I don't know. Either way, having the weight come off slower is both good and bad. Good because maybe we won't have all that loose, hanging skin and bad because it is FRUSTRATING!!

I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. No pain whatsoever anymore, just get tired easier than I used to. I'm having a difficult time getting all my fluids in. In fact, I'm lucky if I reach 30 oz. let alone 64! I know, that's bad. I've tried to increase my Protein intake though, and seems to make a difference.

Good luck to all! :)

I'm exactly 1 month out today. I haven't weighed myself since my doctor's visit last week, but I returned to work today. I started feeling really tired about halway through the day, but it's 4:49 PM and I've made it through!

Every day for lunch, I am now eating a slice of deli turkey and a slice of reduced fat swiss rolled up. I take tiny bites and chew slowly, and can hardly finish it. Today I ate it too fast and it came back out :( I was only taking a small bite every few minutes, but hey- I'm only on day 3 of soft foods.

I think it was because I was distractedly eating it at my desk instead of eating mindfully. I'm wondering if I should advise my coworkers about my occasional random upchucks...

I cannot believe it's been 5 weeks. It went by fast for me. At my appointment, my PA thinks I am not eating enough. She said to at least eat a piece of cheese or something to keep the metabolism steady.

I have to watch myself, I'm not kidding when I say that all of this focus on weight is so close to an eating disorder. If I don't get my exercise in, it's ugly and I am all too aware of calories. Once I reach a good weight, I hope this stops. I don't feel it's healthy.

Hi all! I am new to this techie stuff. I was sleeved on May 14. Presurgery I did the dieting thing and started at 235lbs. I weighed 217lbs on my day of surgery. I have been stuck at 197lbs for 3 weeks! I haven't been exercising consistently and wonder if that's why I remain so stuck. I'm up to about 800-900 cal a day and 50-60grs of Protein. I will say that even though I haven't lost any weight lately, I have lost inches. So that and your stories you share here are what's keeping me optimistic. Any advice is welcome. Keep up the good work everyone! Rock that sleeve!