Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved at 11:16 AM on May 23, 2014. I lost 5 lbs on Day 3, and have been hovering between 154.8-155.6 for almost a week. I probably need to lay off the scale but there's just that intense feeling of validation when your weight drops- I'm still waiting on that. Even though it's WAY TOO early to be bugging about this, a loss shows I didn't go through this for nothing. Except, I'm following my surgeon's instructions to the letter, and I probably just need to chillax and get through the first few weeks, which I am hoping are the hardest :)

I was sleeved May 20. Had a lot of swelling and combined with the fluids I went from 238 the morning of surgery to 250 when I left the hospital. Today makes 2 weeks and yesterday and today I weighed in at 228. I weigh myself before I get in the shower each morning and by the end of the day I am usually up to 230 with Water weight. Still not getting my complete 64 oz Fluid and 70gm Protein every day. Having a hard time.

I was sleeved on 20th May. Started at 117kg (258 pounds) and am now 111 kg's (244 pounds).

I've had a bit of a stall this week in the weight loss, which is very frustrating, however, I have lost this morning, so hopefully the scales are on a down ward spiral again.

I have moved from 'nourishing liquids' to puréed foods as of today. I feel great, if not a little tired. I do get hungry, but have learnt the hard way how much I can eat before my sleeve is full!

The hardest part for me is the fact that I can't keep on eating past a few mouthfuls. I had developed the bad habit of eating for the sake of eating ( hence me being so over weight). The sleeve MAKES us stop, but my head is screaming at me to keep on eating, especially when I am enjoying whatever it is I am eating. It's all part of the psychological changes that I ( we) must deal with.

So far, I have been very lucky and have no complaints.

Dolly I'm having the same problem. Date of surgery was May 27 and I was 222. When I got home May 31 I was 228. Today a week after surgery I am 223. I'm getting about 30 grams of Protein and 20-30 grams of liquids. It's frustrating that I haven't loss past where I started but I'm sticking to the plan and I know I will start soon. Good luck!

Sleveed 5/21 @ 2:30.gained 3 lbs due to fluids/gas, not counting that. lost 13 lbs first week, this week it looks like only 2-3 lbs (17-18 lbs total). Have been struggling to get in both liquids and Protein. been hovering at around 50 grams Protein and about 32 oz of liquid. Get to go to puree foods at midnight.

Sleeved on 5/22 and went in at 299.5, highest weight of my life. This morning I was 275. Thankfully I didn't have the Water weight gain but we all have our problems. Maybe it was a trade out for the vomiting blood, and severe spasms due to hernia repair (I didn't know I had). Ill admit day 1-3 I was hating life and was definitely one of the 'OMG what have I done!' people. Today tho is day 12, and each day has gotten a little better. I track EVERYTHING on my fitness pal app and I'm getting at least 60oz of liquid and 60 protein....finally. Still having spasms occasionally and the tightness/bloating nearly every time I eat. I'm guessing from hernia repair. My diet phases seem to be different then most i've seen on here. I went home on full liquids and moved to soft foods after one week. Everything seems to be looking up. I'm starting to get excited about losing weight :)

I had band to sleeve revision on 5/21. Was 214lbs and now 199lbs.

I had a lot if spasms from surgery and find it hard to get all my fluids in, but it gets better by the day. Still on clears and Protein until 6/9. Spasms are starting to subside, thankfully. (I think the spasms is what is keeping me from getting my liquids, 'cause hurts every time I sip.)

I have those "OMG, what have I done to myself" moments every now and again. But I keep in mind all I've been through since being banded in 2008. Just keep in mind the bigger (smaller) picture.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Edited by tanya27

On my first visit to the WLS center I was 307 lbs. and on surgery date May 19th, I was 278 lbs. This morning I weighed in still at 266lbs. This is tough guys! As many people on this forum, there has been up and down days. I too had "wth did I do to myself. I should have just kept dieting, I was doing well" but I now know that wasn't going to last once I introduced food and couldn't stop my mouth eating what my eyes saw in front of them.

I haven't been getting my Protein in, super painful when I drink shakes (even thinned out) and Isopure Protein. I have been getting lots of Water in though. I am at a stall at 266 for the last 6 days. I'm ok with it, hopefully it will start to move. I walk, walk, walk and take in my Vitamins, B12 and Calcium.

I have to admit, puree foods are still not working for me. Such pains in the top half of my chest. I eat slowly, picking up the spoon after a few minutes and I chew anything that is not super smooth. I too had a hernia repair, unbeknown to me. It has made things a little more difficult. Not sure what I'll try next.

Whew! I thought it was only me! I was sleeved on May 20th. I weighs 276 on my day of surgery and have been at 266 since Thursday (almost a week). I know, I know-I need to hide that damn scale and stop weighing myself. I just keep thinking...4 oz Protein drink for Breakfast, another 4 oz for snack, 4 oz of nonfat Greek yogurt for lunch, and 4 oz of a 'tuna melt' without the bread for dinner....how am I not losing?! I used to eat over 2000 calories a day and was stable. I know everyone goes through this, it just feels defeating.

I also had a hernia repair. For the first 10 days I had a lot of pain right in the center of my chest...this has died down thank god. I can usually get 3-4 tiny bites in and then it starts to hurt. I'm sure I'm eating too fast, but gosh does that hurt! So then I stop, because it's so uncomfortable.

This might also be weird but right next to my belly button, right below my one incision I have a lot of pain-like a pulled muscle. It hurts most when I have jeans on because my jeans sit there. It even hurts when I bend down sometimes. It's not constant, but it's annoying.

I'm getting about 50 oz of Water and 50 oz of Protein a day. I'm working on it lol. Best of luck to everyone!

Just wondering...most of us have disclosed our Fluid and Protein intake, but how many calories are you guys getting? Back in 2008 I used to work at a weight loss clinic (go figure) but I did get down to 175 with suppressants, supplements, and a strict 500 calorie diet. It was a high protein low carb, low fat diet. What I noticed and what we would instruct our patients was never ever go under that 500 calories. It seemed to be the magic number that determined weight loss or weight gain! In the beginning, everyone lost huge amounts because it upended our routine but after week 2 if you weren't getting 500 calories, you would stay the same or gain. Over the weekend it hit me when I had 3 days of the same weight and a gain on day 4! My fitness pal was around 400 calories. So I made sure to get over 500 and started losing again. Also, for those excercising, if you consume 700 and burn 400 your're still under 500. I've noticed that on few posts of people excercising there butt off and getting their protein and Water, but not losing. Anyway, I'm not an expert. Just a thought.

Just wondering...most of us have disclosed our Fluid and Protein intake, but how many calories are you guys getting? Back in 2008 I used to work at a weight loss clinic (go figure) but I did get down to 175 with suppressants, supplements, and a strict 500 calorie diet. It was a high Protein low carb, low fat diet. What I noticed and what we would instruct our patients was never ever go under that 500 calories. It seemed to be the magic number that determined weight loss or weight gain! In the beginning, everyone lost huge amounts because it upended our routine but after week 2 if you weren't getting 500 calories, you would stay the same or gain. Over the weekend it hit me when I had 3 days of the same weight and a gain on day 4! My fitness pal was around 400 calories. So I made sure to get over 500 and started losing again. Also, for those excercising, if you consume 700 and burn 400 your're still under 500. I've noticed that on few posts of people excercising there butt off and getting their protein and Water, but not losing. Anyway, I'm not an expert. Just a thought.

No idea, haven't been tracking that. Probably should start.

I was sleeved May 20, struggling to get all the Protein and Fluid in. I'm just not hungry. No nausea or vomiting or pain. Just get full so fast. Added Protein Powder to crystal light to try and get some in . scale hasn't moved in 10 days. Lost 27 pre surgery and 13 week one. Any suggestions?

I had band to sleeve revision on May 21. I was 190 and only down to 178. Any Protein Drinks make me nauseous. I cant drink Water. Ive been drinking unsweetened iced tea and propel zero. Any sugar makes me nauseous. I do have an appetite starangely enough. Been eating baby food meats and pureed chicken w ricotta cheese. My weight loss suddenly stopped Monday and I am worried I am eating too much and not drinking enough. Yesterday I had a jar of baby food, a few ounces of pureed chicken, few sips of Protein Shake, more baby food, half a cup greek yogurt and an ice pop. Only drank half a bottle of propel zero. What am I doing wrong? Why am I hungry all day!

I was sleeved on 5/20 with a starting weight of 306 before surgery and I am now down to 294.5. My surgeon knows that I'm not happy with the results but I was also wearing my heavy work clogs and just started my period. I'm really trying not to stress it but I am very frustrated with the seemingly minimal weight loss compared to what I read from others on here!

I had the sleeve May 22, 2014. Was 269 morning of surgery---down to 246.6 today. Having a hard time getting all 64 oz of Fluid in as well on top of my Protein. Also having some abnormal pain in my stomach immediately below my breast bone. Often times difficult to take a deep breath. Still trying to chug along---but starting to really question if I've made the wrong choice.....