Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whole wheat pasta and brown rice... Yes or no?

Skip the carbs period if you want to lose weight. Eating Protein and veggies works for us. Being diabetic makes this an easy choice because I am off Metformin and don't want to go back, ever!

If you "have" to have Pasta or rice then it is a better choice, but my NUT pointed out how high in calories they are so I haven't touched them since 2 months before surgery. Just another one of my former weight loss mistakes...changing to whole wheat pasta and brown rice and wondering why I wasn't losing weight!

That's gonna be the hardest thing for me because I LOVE carbs, but if I want the results I want, it must be done.

Hopefully my body will stop craving it after awhile.

It's very likely you will stop craving them. I wanted carbs badly after surgery, but after a couple of months I found high carb/starch food unpalatable.

I was a huge carb addict. I am 6 weeks post op, I really don't crave it anymore. You will learn to live without carbs for sure!! Hang in there...

Try using a spaghetti squash as noodles .

Things that I used to adore (Pasta and sweets especially) make me feel AWFUL. I actually gagged when I heard someone order a chocolate fudge sundae and I adored chocolate before surgery. That being said, I still look at things and wish I could have them. I guess my brain hasn't caught up with my stomach.

I am hoping I can tolerate some Pasta - I bought brown rice pasta and if I can eat a small portion, every couple of weeks, I will be a very happy lady:-)

As long as I get my Protein in I don't usually have room for Pasta or rice, but if I have had my protein first, then my veggies, and still have room for a bite of rice or pasta I will have it. It never happens though.
I will admit, here and there I have had a bite before my protein, but only on a rare occasion.. I don't really have much of a taste for it anymore.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches