Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 28-31st Sleeve Week!

Sleeved on 28th an down 10lbs since released from hospital on the 31st! I'm trying my hardest to get my fluids In but I'm having a hard time. Also through out the day I get these horrible pains in my stomach an they go up to my chest. To be honest it feels like my tummy growling (very loud) but it is the worst pain ever:(

Had any one else felt this?

Oh yes, pressure pushing up onto the diaphragm, usually caused by upper intestinal gas = chest pain. My stomach is also PISSED OFF! Is growling, gurgling, and shrieking. Today it settled a few times for around 10 min it was SOOO... nice.

Have you tried gasX strips, they help break up upper intestinal gas, but do nothing in the lower intestine.

Good times ahead.

Are you guys all doing the breathing inhaler thing with the 3 balls? It helps work your lungs and diaphragm back into place. I'm supposed to do it hourly 10 days... not getting it done that much but I am doing it when I think about it.

If you've had the hiatial hernia repaired you might want to stay on clear fluids longer... my doc has the people with that do 15 days of clears, then 10 days of all liquids. Maybe it would help to have things heal a bit longer.

If your sharp pain continues, I'd go in and get looked at. You don't want something that will end up being very bad.

OK folks we are moving to a new thread tomorrow! I'll update the list with who has checked in and who hasn't, hopefully they will let us know how they are doing!

Yup I have that 3 ball thing I'll continue doing it I haven't been very good with it I have to admit!!

I have the breather and I've been doing it about four or five times a day, not hourly as suggested.

Today Day 4 for me I'm supposed to move to full liquids but I'm going to stay on clear today. Overnight I forgot to take my pain medicine before I went to sleep and I also tried to sleep in bed instead of the recliner. I rolled all over like an alligator, including sleeping on my stomach, and I am soooo sore on my incisions this morning. First time I don't feel better the next day. Hopefully the pain meds will knock it out and the day will end up good.

I'm getting Vitamins and one Protein Drink in but still only like 40 oz of liquid total. Time to step it up!

Ohhh deviant rolling over= ouuuchhhhhhh! I'm totally a side sleeper so I understand.

I have a friend with a tempurpedic and I'm sleeping in that so I'm at an angle and can't turn, I think I'd do recliner sleeping for awhile too. Woke up to hit the bathroom - pain meds had wore out, ouch! Took one (I'm on sublingual torodol). Getting some Water in. Then back to sleep!

So far I haven't minded clears. I don't want to eat. I have 5 more days of it. I picked up some Soups that I'll eat the broth of for dinner. And I'm experimenting with different flavors of Syntrax Nectar shakes so I haven't been bored. I had Jello last night which was yumm. I think I'm gonna make 3 flavors and have some variety with that over the next 5 days too. And I've been concentrating on water. I'm gettting 2.5liters a day (including flavored) and id like to get to 3 liters. From all my past dieting experience, I know I lose more with less of water to flash the fat away.

Glad to see in not the only breathy ball slacker :-)

Back to sleep for me!

I haven't started on a Protein Shake yet - I'm on Soups and Water at the moment it's ok but defo not nitrous I lifted my son today and that's caused paid I shouldn't have carried him... I made the kids like a chicken rice with veggies and I wanted to lick the pan I was cooking ... Then my sis came in with popcorn and that made me want more too!!! God it was so hard to resist was driving me crazy! I wasn't hungry but it was just the idea of the food you know... It's so good to come in here and see what everyone is up to makes me realise I'm not alone!

Soup for dinner again I had a lil strawberry yogurt but it didn't really agree with me

Habsi I can't imagine being near all that good, if would be tough! Luckily all I've had to do is smell it. I stayed with a friend last night and the smell of Mexican came up the stairs. Man that was mean. Lol

The Protein drink I had wasnt the milk kind, it's mixed with Water, so it's still gentle on the tummy. I keep seeing so many having upset stomach, I'm gonna obey my surgeons 10 day rule.

In 6 weeks we will all get to sample and taste what we wish! Yeah!

I didn't get any directions with my little breathe toy. I tried once in the hospital and didn't even take it home with me. I did get a little worried when I felt some junk in my lungs but 2 coughs and all good. My RNs just slacked on the breather. I'm on clear liquid no Protein for 1 week. I surprised at how many can have a shake or yogurt...

Still waking up with some pain. Glad swallowing Liquids is just uncomfortable and not really painful anymore. I'm running out of liquid pain meds. 1 dose left.

It was nice to walk my daughter to school today. I don't know how I'd go back to work in a week.

Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to stage 2 after my post op appointment on Friday.

This could possibly be the longest week ever :).

Ugh, today has not been a good day. I didn't have trouble sleeping on my back at the hospital, but now that I'm home, it's more difficult. If I'm flat on my back for too long, my tailbone really starts hurting, and I don't know what to do about it (no, I don't have a recliner or a sofa, as I live in a two room apartment with my boyfriend and roommate). Last night I angled myself a bit onto my side and woke up with sore incisions. To make matters worse, the door bell rang and I sat up way too quickly without thinking about it and really hurt the incisions on my left side (at least, I think the pain is just the incisions). I didn't get any painkillers to bring home. Hell, I barely got any in the hospital -- Germans are notoriously stingy with pain medication (and I was literally given a homeopathic "sleep aid" while in the hospital), but in the hospital I didn't feel this bad and hospital bed was more comfortable.

I've been feeling weak and dizzy ever since the incident this morning, and today I didn't leave the apartment at all. I'm worried about thrombosis so I try and get up to use the bathroom and bounce up and down on my feet every hour or two, but I wasn't given any shots or anything to take home and I don't know if I should be worried. I mean, I've spent plenty of days in bed during my fat lazy life, and I never got a clot before, but I dunno if having surgery changes things?

I'm just so cranky! I'm taking it out on my poor boyfriend, but I just hate everything today. At least I'm not having trouble getting my fluids and Protein in.

I think we are are going to have our good days and bad day. Hang in there everyone. We are all here together through this journey. <3

Today was my follow up with my surgeon after 5/28/14 surgery. All thumbs up! Now I am off to stage 3 soft Protein diet for the next month until I see him again. chicken and turkey deli meat, unsweetened applesauce, soft scrambled eggs, string cheese, tuna fish, soft veggies, etc. there's a light at the end of the tunnel. The only pain I have is just lower back pain from sitting and sleeping too much. I will take that I place of anything else. I hope everyone is doing ok. Did I read something about moving to another thread?

<p>Ugh, today has not been a good day. I didn't have trouble sleeping on my back at the hospital, but now that I'm home, it's more difficult. If I'm flat on my back for too long, my tailbone really starts hurting, and I don't know what to do about it (no, I don't have a recliner or a sofa, as I live in a two room apartment with my boyfriend and roommate). Last night I angled myself a bit onto my side and woke up with sore incisions. To make matters worse, the door bell rang and I sat up way too quickly without thinking about it and really hurt the incisions on my left side (at least, I think the pain is just the incisions). I didn't get any painkillers to bring home. Hell, I barely got any in the hospital -- Germans are notoriously stingy with pain medication (and I was literally given a homeopathic "sleep aid" while in the hospital), but in the hospital I didn't feel this bad and hospital bed was more comfortable. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I've been feeling weak and dizzy ever since the incident this morning, and today I didn't leave the apartment at all. I'm worried about thrombosis so I try and get up to use the bathroom and bounce up and down on my feet every hour or two, but I wasn't given any shots or anything to take home and I don't know if I should be worried. I mean, I've spent plenty of days in bed during my fat lazy life, and I never got a clot before, but I dunno if having surgery changes things? </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'm just so cranky! I'm taking it out on my poor boyfriend, but I just hate everything today. At least I'm not having trouble getting my fluids and Protein in. </p>

Try putting a pillow under your butt or prop your knees up a little when you sleep it will flatten your spine. Maybe help the tail none.

My doctor wouldn't give me a refill on my pain medication but said I could take liquid Tylenol or liquid acetaminophen I was only able to find a store brand. Do they have that in Germany? Hope tomorrow is a better day. I'd be way crankier with no pain meds but try I go easy on your boyfriend. Hang in there!

I'm so sorry you are having pain and trouble sleeping. I found laying on my side with a pillow supporting my abdomen helped me a lot. I sort of lean forward on the pillow and am comfortable that way.

I'm still on liquids but the chocolate shakes weren't going down that easy shoo I switched to Atkins strawberry banana Protein drink with some vanilla Protein Powder. I guess every day will be trial and error as I figure out what works and what doesn't. But, I was down 5 pounds this morning from surgery weight and 25 pounds down overall from highest weight in March so I'll keep working this plan since it's moving me in the right direction!

So glad to be sleeping on my stomach again! Happy days are here again :)

Day 5: my husband went back to work and walking our daughter to the bus stop made for a first (puny) bm! I got about three hours of work from home done and now I am exhausted and getting ready for a nap. Today I've gotten in 16 oz Protein Shake w half dose of miralax; 8 oz of chicken broth blended with a can of chicken chunk meat; 12 oz of ice tea.

My barriers to getting back to "normal" are still needing half-doses of pain meds about twice a day, needing one or two short naps a day, and wearing any sort of pants or skirts with a waistband painful to my incisions which are only 1/2" above my waistfold and have 4" bruises around each one. I'm starting to feel bad for taking so much time off so I'm hoping things move along here.