Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't do it robgoblin. I think its better to have plain chicken breast than that. It is still high in Protein and better for you salt wise. Just a few days left buddy, hang in there. I promise you it is the worst part.

dang it...too late. I'm mad...but not really, because it was filling...and now i will go on, and i still think the surgery will go ok, i mean, my liver HAS to be shrunk, i've eaten under 2000 calories in a week....

But in starvation mode. p.s. Great weight loss though. Remember we are trying to learn good habits. All the best on the 4th.

Yeah, i know...i feel bad about it...but again, i want to be truthfull...i could say i ate cottage cheese then everyone would cheer. But really...thats what i did...i didnt eat! Its the fact that thinking of yogurt made my stomach turn...and i tried cottage cheese...so thats out of the question too. But now...I don't know..i will either do the remaining 3 days fasting or maybe try some yogurt again tomorow...i dont know.

you can do it o nly a few days left. I know how you feel Robgoblin, I cracked once ok maybe twice but I had the chicken breast. Not that its any better LOL.

All we have to do it make it to Thursday night and we're home free.

Jannet

Robgoblin - I gave yogurt a rest for a day then came back to it and it was not so bad. Hang in there - you only have a couple more days. YOU CAN DO IT!

Concentrate on the surgery date. I don't know if you can or not but I often took naps when I wanted to eat, the surgery date came faster too that way. Be good to yourself and best of Luck!!!

I did the nap thing too. It really did help. Wednesday's the ex comes for family night (better as an ex) dinner with the kids and I said I was having ulcer surgery and couldn't look at them eating so I sat in the family room till they finished. The whole time the buggers would say just loud enough how awful the meal was. Gotta love them....

It is Officially May 2....only 2 full days of pre-op diet left...then a sleep and waking up and BAM going to clinic. I am going to be soon...so that means i have to deal with the hunger for 12 hours tomorow...YAY!!!

In the week....first day i had yogurt 3 large containers...second day half a large container...afternoon day 2-day 6 zero food. Day 6 evening...had a stupid taste of pizza...was really pissed at myself...but i'm not worried about it. Day 7 had some pickles ( other diets have them in it, plus they dont have fat, carbs, sugar...Just salt...which it says on our official pre-op diet thing that you can eat...i'm still on the fence whether it was an ok choicee....but its done) And today...nothing. So basically...i'm not worried, im sure my liver is shrunk, but i'm not chancing it...NO MORE eating anything other than what is on the sheet. I think tomorow i'm picking up some crystal light...add some flavor to my Water. And some sugar free Jello. That will add something i can bite into.

So I'm really pissed off! :angry

I've been on the pre-op diet for 2 weeks and I got on the scale today, I only lost 10 lbs!

I've been really good and stuck to the yogurt and nothing else. I don't know may It's because I started my period and I'm holding onto Water. But I'm PISSED!

Does anyone know what the average weight loss is during the pre-op?:target:

Jannet,

As of this morning, after 6 full days of pre-op diet, I have lost 8 lbs (haven't changed my ticker yet. I'll wait till tomorrow).

I think everyone is different. Robgoblin said he lost 20 lbs in 6 days. Maybe that's because he did not eat for a few days. For me, in the last couple of days, I ate but barely because, yogurt was starting to taste yukky and I just did not feel hungry. I only ate to get some substance in my stomach. In the first 3 days of my diet, I ate much more and I only lost 3 lbs.

I know you guys won't want to hear this but I'm gonna be the voice of reason. There is no "average weight loss" for the pre-op; that is NOT why you are doing this. It just doesn't matter how much you lose (or don't lose) during the pre-op or the post-op for that matter. It really doesn't even matter until you have the proper restriction in the band. Yeah, usually a by-product of the pre-op and post-op diets is weight loss but that is NOT the goal.

The one and only goal of the pre-op diet is liver shrinkage....as long as that happens, you're laffin' and in good shape....if you happen to lose some weight...bonus....if not or if you don't lose as much as you were hoping/expecting....no worries...that wasn't the point.

As for the post-op diet, the only goal of that is proper healing for your band placement. Again, if you lose weight....bonus...but that isn't the goal and be warned that many people don't lose much weight during the post-op diet. But that is okay....the point at that time is not the weight loss....it is healing and getting a well placed band.

Once you are off the post-op diet, you most likely won't have restriction (or at leat not the right amount) and you still may not lose weight as quickly as you would like (or even not at all). Once you have "proper" restriction the goal is to lose 1-2 lbs per week!!!!

So, just remember all your research and why you chose this procedure in the first place and don't lose sight of the long-term goal...THAT should be what you are working towards. Any losses gained as a by-product are just a bonus but certainly don't stress about them or get upset/angry/disappointed if it doesn't happen the way you want....as odds are it won't! You have enough to worry about besides putting this onto your plate!

Okay....voice of reason off now!!!

:nervous

Good reminder, Yoda. Hope to get a chance to say hi on Friday.

Amen for that Yoda! Definately the voice of reason. I needed to read that post right now. Third fill on Friday!! Hopefully this gets me closer!:phanvan