Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Jurema and Ginger: First welcome Ginger. I know that without the band I would still be depressed and gaining. Good luck in your decision. I will say this, I also support the clinic and in my mind Dr. Yau is the best, because I have suffered no complications. That is not to say there aren't equally as good doctors out there.

Jurema, I went out to to see the doctor but he wasn't in so I will be telephoning today for an appointment. I will let you know how it goes. More to the point how is the pre op diet coming along now that you know the reason for the restricted diet? Also, on another post you said you love salt and that is a very addictive spice. Another reason why you are feeling down with the cottage cheese diet. Whatever you do, stick with it. You will find it is worth it. Doddie.

I'm going to be at TLBC on May 4th also for a 2pm info meeting!

:lol: So if you see a red haired fat chick say Hi from the forum.

I'm still fact-finding, but I'm fairly convinced this is what can work for me.

Cheers!

Hi Ginger,

Welcome to this support site. Maybe we'll bump into each other. I will likely be groggy though (post-surgery).

I had a day from hell today... I can't even look at CC let alone put it in my mouth. blahhhhhhhhhh

so I stuck to the yogurt, my head was pounding and i felt hungry. I tried to eat yogurt for lunch but it just wasn't going to happen for me. I left work early and came home and had a hot cup of tea and a bubble bath. I only have to make it till Thursday and it's well worth the minor strugle.

Jannet

Hi Jurema: You are in a very real big struggle I would say, not minor. You are probably having headaches from withdrawal of other foods, especially salt. I am a salt eater (that's why I have high blood pressure) and when I couldn't have any salt, I had sick headaches. I heated up some chicken broth when I felt down. I didn't drink a lot, but it helped the headache. Also, the warm tea was an excellent idea and warm bath. Pamper yourself you deserve it. Doddie

Jannet and Doddie,

Do you ladies know if artificial sweetener is o.k. to use during per-op? I know that real sugar is out but I am guessing that artificial sweetener might be o.k.

Jannet and Doddie,

Do you ladies know if artificial sweetener is o.k. to use during per-op? I know that real sugar is out but I am guessing that artificial sweetener might be o.k.

It's fine. As you know we can have crystal lite wich is made with artificial sweetner.

Hey everyone, well yeah...since day 1 of pre-op diet, i havent been eating...is that bad. The first day i only ate yogurt, second day...maybe a half cup for the whole day and since then...nothing. Im drinking Water because the thought of yogurt is gross.. and i dont like cottage cheese. I'm definitely craving food like crazy, but the thought of yougurt makes me sick. I would kill for anything to eat...and i still have 5 days to go....AGHHHHHHHHHH

My day is also May 4th...I am on my second day of liquids...yummieeeeeeeee...nothing taste as good as thin looks :)

Robgoblin: ya better start eating man....as unappetizing as yogurt is to you. Hey, I get it...I refused to eat cottage cheese, but I did eat more yogurt to make up for it. You really HAVE to eat....otherwise you will make yourself sick and you don't want to be sick for your surgery.....or so weak that they can't do it....ya know? So, try and suck it up and eat the yogurt...it IS the lesser of two evils!! You don't want your surgery to be post-poned and you don't want to be so weak you will have post-op problems.....

GO EAT SOME YOGURT YOUNG MAN!!!!!

:guess :hungry: :paranoid

thats the problem....i feel fine. I dont feel weak, no aches of any kind... I am just not eating...

No good Rob - you still have a few days left and you have to eat something. Try some more yogurt and if you are desperate eat either egg beaters or egg white only. But you must eat. Call the clinic they will tell you that and perhaps even a small piece of chicken.< /p>

I might as well chime in on this too...

Robgoblin... There is something else to contend with if you don't eat.... it is called 'starvation mode' or something like that. When you don't eat,:tape: you body slows it motabolism to the point of hardly using anything incase you don't eat again. It is a survival thing hard wired into you, you feel fine for a little while, then you start feeling weak, and tired and over all icky:crutch: (icky is not the medical term but gets the idea across), and you body can't protect itself from the polluted enviroment around it and you get very sick.

If you at least pretent to eat, :hungry: have one yoghurt at proper meal times, you will keep your body in 'loosing mode' and the pounds will fall off faster. I have been eating the hell out of Y&CC and I am down 10lbs in 4 days! EEK! so try and stay on a schedual and it won't seem as bad. (Believe me, I work in a kitchen! It is a little slice of HELL every shift, :evil: but I keep my eye on the prise and my mouth shut. If I can do it there, you can do it at home!)

Viva le résistance!!! :)

Hey you guys are doing awesome!!!!! But I agree, you gotta eat, your body is gonna need some nutrients for the surgery. The pre-op is the absolute worst!!!!! Hang in there!!!