Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was just given the sleeve 3 days ago. I went into surgery at 200.5 and the day I came home I was 208. Two days later I'm 206. What is the cause of the gain? It's kinda freakin me out!!!

IV fluids. Trust me it will be gone within a week...

Water weight. They pumped you full of IV fluids. Don't worry, it will go away.

It's most likely due to the fluids you received at the hospital. I personally didn't bother to weigh myself till a week post op cause my body was swollen. Stay away from the scale for a few more days, you'll be pleasantly surprised by your results thereafter :-)

Edited by QueenA

Stand down from panic - you're doing fine...If I could make a suggestion...stay off the scale for the next week or so. You're body just went thru major surgery. Be kind to it, take care of it. You need time to recover.

Best of luck to you!

Stay off the scale for 3 or 4 weeks would be even better..Your body is trying to heal and it is getting rid of all the meds they gave you. Plus you are swollen and raw from surgery and not as active..Or eating or drinking enough..Numbers are not important..Your health is...Just take care to feel better for now and stop the scale from controlling your life so early in the game.....:)

Ditto to what RJ said. Your weight fluctuates tremendously from trauma and Fluid loss/retention. When I was super dehydrated and needed IV fluids post op, I "gained" 11 pounds overnight. Your body is really in flux right now and your hydration is certainly not stable. Concentrate on healing, hydrating, proteinizing (just made up that word) and don't worry about the scale for now.

Same thing happened to me. I had read how people came home from the hospital 15 pounds lighter and wanted the same for myself. I came home 8 pounds heavier and was upset. I suppose they should explain this to everyone at the hospital but most times they don't. Try not to worry about any of this and as RJ said, stay off the scales for the first month and you will be better off mentally and emotionally. Just concentrate on the Protein and fluids. Its going to happen...you will lose weight...quit stressing. Breathe.........

RJ is right.....stay off the scale! I'm only a week out but had the same thing happen; heavier after I got home. Had my first post op visit today. Nurse said the Fluid, meds etc. should almost be out and the weight should start to come off a bit quicker now.

I was (and am still) a chronic get on the scale girl; multiple times a day. That did and still does nothing for me good in the long run. I'm going to take RJ's challenge and stay off of it until my next post op appointment which is June 19th. I'm actually bringing it down to my moms house. I have to get into the mindset that the number and the scale CANNOT define me and that if I stay the course and stay on plan that I WILL LOSE! Trying to make this about a lifestyle change, feeling better and the smaller size being the bonus.

Good luck! Stay the course and Trust the Process!