Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have the sleeve surgery around may 7 2014?

Hi all: I was sleeved May 6. Started pureed food yesterday. I lost 10 pounds the first week, but nothing this past week. A little disappointed. I'm not hungry either. I am getting in my Protein and liquids and walking, so I think I'm doing what I'm supposed to. I look forward to keeping in touch with you all so we can go through this together. Good luck to you all!

HI!! I had my sleeve done on May the 12th and I'm supper tired of the Soups and Popsicles too. I'm ready to start my puréed foods. I lost so far 11lbs hope to keep loosing more. I also just today took a price of chicken breast my mom was eating and chew it the most I could but I will NEVER cheat again that was very painful and not worth it. I also have trouble with my Protein it makes me sick every time I drink it.

Hi... I just had mine May 12. I'm on full liquids now but still dealing with being hungry.. I'm feeling so much better though. I'm tempted to start my soft foods a little early...

Hi everyone

I am a little earlier but I was sleeved on April 24th. I am almost a month out and am still in the stage three diet which does allow more freedom. Have been on it since my appointment after surgery on May 6th. I can eat soft canned meats, mushed vegetables, soft cheeses, and crackers ( which I don't eat) .

I have lost 41 pounds. I have found that what works best for me is plotting and planning my meals and measuring everything but I feel like I am becoming obsessed ! Anyone else experience feelings of obsession and dread about eating too much and failing? I feel different

Hi... I just had mine May 12. I'm on full liquids now but still dealing with being hungry.. I'm feeling so much better though. I'm tempted to start my soft foods a little early...

Missleya, I did start my purée early, I could not deal with the Soup another week! I know it's different for everybody, because I did not have major problems..just hard getting the Protein in!

Ok, we have to strategize together,I just got on my scale and I gained 1 pound! I guess I need to stick to my schedule for eating, because something has to give! No regrets..let's all push forward! If anyone needs a copy of my diet schedule,, let me know! It's on

I would like a copy if u don't mind

I am a May 6ther also. I haven't lost since 10 day post op. Nurse said no worries your body is trying to figure out your next move. Are you going to eat or starve it. She said this happens through the entire process. I am living off cottage cheese and Protein drinks so far. Looking forward to day 21. I must say I have ate re-friend Beans my list of approved foods, but I only ate close to 2 tbsp. Glad to see others are eating them also. I am ready for tuna/mayo what a treat that will be!

Guest nuclearwoman

Had my surgery May 15th. Incisions are still sore and hurt. Especially the big one. Lost 12 lbs. six days post op. I find even sipping Water (crystal lite) hurts. I've been walking around my block. All in all I feel good. I have no desire to eat. In fact, I have to remind myself to have my Protein shake. Three ounces for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. sugar free Jello and icepops. So far no diabetic meds needed. Looking forward to more weight loss.

I'm 12 days post op sleeved May9 just had my f/u appointment and have lost 7 pounds in 12 days, I don't know why this disappoints me, ordinarily it would take more than a month to lose 7 pounds my dr says I'm doing great but for some reason I was expecting a bigger loss due to consuming so little, I have no problem getting in 60g of Protein and at least 60 ounces of fluids as my Dr recommended, I haven't been exercising just 10 minutes here and there due to the tenderness in my side, I'm really hoping to be able to step it up soon with the exercise to increase my weight loss. I did start the purée stage a few days early, I really needed a egg, the liquids were starting to get to me. Trying to stay encouraged.

I was sleeved on the 14th. I am still in Phase 2. i am so hungry and can't wait to start eating solids, but I realize this Phase is important, maybe to help the stomach heal and keep its small shape. I am so tired of the Soup and Protein shakes. i am back to work and would like something to hold me over and give me energy.

I have my doc appt on Friday, can't wait to see the weight loss!

May 7th here too! Down 12 lbs since surgery. Looks like I'm not alone in the weightloss stall. I lost pretty quickly right after, but have been lingering around the same pound for the last few days. My period doesn't help. I'm thinking once we all start eating more regular food, and get our energy back, we'll see the weight start to fall off again. I can't wait until next week when I'm moved on to mushed foods. I'm currently still on a modified liquids diet.

<p>May 7th here too! Down 12 lbs since surgery. Looks like I'm not alone in the weightloss stall. I lost pretty quickly right after, but have been lingering around the same pound for the last few days. My period doesn't help. I'm thinking once we all start eating more regular food, and get our energy back, we'll see the weight start to fall off again. I can't wait until next week when I'm moved on to mushed foods. I'm currently still on a modified liquids diet.</p>

May 7th here too. 14 lbs gone...this whole trip is Weird

Drink plenty of Water, ice tea, coffee. Cream Soups, sf Jello, sf pudding and Protein shakes. I have had a couple t spoons of baked sweet potato and albacore tuna. I tried a smashed up hard boiled egg once and never again, it was evil. Be careful what you put in your mouth. Including the 10 day pre op liquid diet I am down 54lbs and I was a May 6th sleeve.

Be normal, walk and stay on your feet. I am surprised that having read a lot of these threads to see such a wide variety of ways of living/dealing with this issue. Some people ask about back to work in two weeks or three weeks. I was off three days. Some believe that if it fits in a blender and can be liquefied then it is OK to eat. NOT, liquefied meatloaf is not good for you.

Be well.

<p>Drink plenty of Water, ice tea, coffee. Cream Soups, sf Jello, sf pudding and Protein Shakes. I have had a couple t spoons of baked sweet potato and albacore tuna. I tried a smashed up hard boiled egg once and never again, it was evil. Be careful what you put in your mouth. Including the 10 day pre op liquid diet I am down 54lbs and I was a May 6th sleeve.</p> <p> </p> <p>Be normal, walk and stay on your feet. I am surprised that having read a lot of these threads to see such a wide variety of ways of living/dealing with this issue. Some people ask about back to work in two weeks or three weeks. I was off three days. Some believe that if it fits in a blender and can be liquefied then it is OK to eat. NOT, liquefied meatloaf is not good for you.</p> <p> </p> <p>Be well.</p>

Good for you!! So how much have you lost since surgery? And on the pre op? What was your starting weight?

@@DaddyMarie,

I did weigh 392 but you knew that since you asked before. I am 5'10 56 years old next month. How old are you? If you rather I kept success on the down low I will. You seem a little put off. I will try to be positive about all this. Realizing your post count 419 vs. my 16. I should see where this is headed.

Out............