Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need names of good protein powder

Now this is a good thread to read. I've been wondering about Protein Shakes and have my first follow up appointment with my surgeon next week. I'm 3 months post op and hit a bit of a stall already.

I've purchased some Lighterlife milkshakes and Meal Replacement bars. Anyone else tried using them? If I want to eat I'm allowing myself to eat chicken and turkey and that's it. My calorie intakes 500-800 and on a bad struggling day when I feel hungry and craving food I've allowed myself to go upto 1200 calories and never over that.

So do you think I'd be better trying Protein shakes or are they the same as Lighterlife food packs? And how many do you have? With lighterlife you can have 4 per day. Do you just replace some meals with the shakes and then eat small healthy meals?

Gemmalicious, at three months out, why aren't you just eating regular food? Has your surgeon not OK'd it yet? By then I was eating pretty much anything...beef, chicken, seafood, pork, ham, cheese, eggs, spinach, broccoli, Beans, corn, carrots, pita bread, nuts, avocados, edamame, you name it.... (No rice or pasta). I did, and still do, have a 40g protein/ 32 oz drink everyday to help know I'm reaching goals.

I'm wondering if your stall is from lack of variety (your body needs more than just protein) and too low of calories. I stalled between weeks 6 and 10 because I was sick from another medication and could barely eat/drink. As soon as I felt better, I doubled my intake and lost 8 pounds in one week.

Isopure, 50 Grams of Protein and Zero carbs, mix 2 scoops with 12 ounces of Milk and you have almost 60 grams of Protein. It doesnt taste too bad either. I just use it because its one of the higher Proteins with no carbs.

My favorite is Visalus Sweet Cream flavor with sugar-free butterscotch pudding mix, almond milk and chocolate flavor mix-in...the Butterfinger is to die for!!!

My favorites are Unjury strawberry Sorbet and chocolate Splendor. I too make the strawberry lemonade drink with Crystal Light Lemonade. I put 7 ice cubes in my magic bullet, add 1/2 cup of Water and 1 scoop of Strawberry Sorbet Unjury. Tastes so good. I also like Chocolate Splendor with ice, 1/2 cup of milk, and when you mix it is like a Wendy's Frosty. I even eat it with a spoon it is so thick. YUM! I use this especially when the family is having ice cream. I feel like I have my treat too!!

I also like the Isopure Grape Frost. The other flavors don't appeal to me.