Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

READ THIS B4 BEING BANDED...My Experience

Hey Family

It's been a minute since I posted. I have been having a rough time emotionally. Had a bad break up and my TOM. I am doing well haven't had much of an appetite but when I do I eat. The last two days I have made considerably bad choices. Monday I ate rib tips (5) and tuesday night I ate a polish no bread and a couple of fries. Yesterday I got all liquid calories. I haven't been out in awhile and I went with a friend and had a total of 4 beers the entire night. I know my choices were very bad.

I think it is healing to put them down on paper and read them. I will be in the gym double time to clean up what I messed up.

Well just thought I would chime in.

Good to hear from you. I think life is all about hard times. If we didnt have these problems or make mistakes we wouldnt be human right? It's the fact that we recognize when we make the mistakes....YOU have the motivation IN you it just has to be pushed out.....

I think by comming here and letting us know it is DEFINATELY a good thing. In all rehab places...ADMITTING is the first step...right?

Im here if you need me. I will help motivate ya....I have been working my butt off...trying my best to control my portions AND i been working out daily. Im not losing anything. Thats discouraging to me. It makes me sad.

Seems like my almost 3 weeks of work has done nothing for me. (Except hurt me feet)

we will stick together and get through the hard times. Im certainly not real religous but some said something to me one time that makes sense....

GOD DOESN'T GIVE US ANYTHING WE CANT HANDLE.:clap2:

I believe that....and i use that saying everyday when something hard comes my way.

WOW Krystal,

I so needed to read this today. You stated all of the concerns that I have played over in my head. I work from home and it so easy to wonder in the kitchen. Hearing all this really puts alot into perspective. Thank you so much.

My hubby just received an offer he can't turn down and we read last night, that WLS is not covered, so I made the call this morning to set up an appointment ASAP. WE are going Self Pay. So, instead of waiting for the 6 month diet, I will be getting it done faster. I am getting nervous and scared. You know, doubting myself. I had to promised my DH that along with this Band, I will get a counselor and see them on a regular bases to help me with the head issues as well. Family stuff, everyone has a story about a bad childhood. Based on my own survey, the majority of my overweight friends all have issues with past family ghost.

I am glad to hear your story, seems that all we read is all the success stories of how much everyone has lost. It is nice to know that their are those that did not succeed at first, but that you can turn it around and make it better. Just stick to your plan and ask for help on here. So far, as I have read over the past few, most everyone is here for us all.

I have said this before on this forum and I will say it you. I read this somewhere and it was stuck. Now that I am self pay, I can start adapting it to the life, (since I dont have to pretend to diet and prove I can't do this) " Nothing taste as good as Thin feels." ;)

Thanks again and Good Luck!!!

I love this site. Everyone here is so real...why can't everyday life be so supportive. Krystal, I am scheduled to be banded on 5/23/07 - North Shore Hospital. Reading your story was helpful. I know that when I can't have something, I crave it more, and I have had more pity parties than I care to admit, but I am learning to cut those shin-dings short. I too will check for you here and I hope that you will check on me.

WasaBubble Butt....you are cool people, that was very kind to open your arms, ears, alright computer (smile) to Krystal....hope you got room, I may be stopping in from time to time too.

WasaBubble Butt is terrific!! I sent her a bunch of questions regarding my upcoming surgery and she sent me answers back w/in minutes and made me feel good about being nervous to boot!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

WasaBubble Butt....you are cool people, that was very kind to open your arms, ears, alright computer (smile) to Krystal....hope you got room, I may be stopping in from time to time too.

You and UniqueOne are very kind. And yes, there is always lots of room!

((HUGS))

Thanks Krystal

U r so right GOd doesn't give us anything that we cannot handle. So I am going to remain prayerful and strong. BY coming here daily I will and have been strengthened.

Ive been distant lately....a lot of things clouding my judgement. I will journal tonight. I am also creating my own webpage....not done with it yet but i will be keeping my journal on there as well. It will be www.krystalballard.com i am struggling right now. Im at my hardest point. I have made mistakes the past 2 days...why do I do that? Why cant i stay on track......ugh ill finish this later...im going to the park with my daughter...maybe she will change my spirits

Hi all I haven't posted in awhile. just wanted to check in and say hello. I am doing well not great. I have a personal trainer that is working my butt off. my abs are so sore. i am on a strict eating schedule. no eating after 7 no white anything bread, rice only multigrain. I am going to see how this eight weeks works. Pray for me. I am excited though. I hope all of u r doing well.

Krystal, How are you? Have not seen you post and want to make sure you are OK? Write and let us know how you are!!

Sorry I've been really busy. This past week has been really bad because I haven't worked out. I went to my Dr. Today and had a fill. Im at 6.8cc now. Haven't lost anything more than what Ive already reported....so its back to the treadmill.

I kept up with my journaling and then slowly stopped. I was doing better when I was journaling because I was actually recording my success.

Ill get back on it...tomorrow i am going to start my exercise again. Im making some concious efforts to eat less cals and make smarter decisions. Hopefully all will go well.

We will see. Ill be checking in tomorrow im sure.

Im making my own journaling section on my webpage www.krystalballard.com and if any of you would like to comment then come check it out.

I've only just found this thread. It is really amazing. Krystal, ya better keep on posting here. Hugs from Green..........

Krystal,

You're doing awesome. I'm so proud of you for not giving up. We know it's hard, that's why we're all here. So keep up the great work, and keep letting us share this journey together with you.

Cindy

End of Day 9 of the 10 day all liquid pre-op diet!! YAY!! Lap band surgery is the day after tomorrow. I'm SO excited. Thanks for listening.

Cindy

I am brand new to this site. I really needed to read your story. I had my band done in MI (Ypsalanti) by a wonderful Dr. Jon Schramm. I lost 40 lbs. and then have just stayed with this same loss for six months. Reading all of these has helped me get my perspective back. I, like you, nibble here and there more than I should. I have changed a lot of my habits but in order to lose you really have to stick with diet, excercise and attitude. You really hit the nail on the head when you said all that you did. I am glad you are back to trying and it has inspired me to go back to the basics and to keep trying. It is a daily struggle but I, too, believe God never gives us MORE than we can handle. Thanks again for sharing.

Krystal,

I've just read 7 pages of posts and wonder--where are you? How are you doing? You've been an inspiration, please post again.