Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many didnt follow the pre opt diet BE HONEST

Hi everyone, I AM EXPECTED TO GET SLEEVED ON MONDAY THE 12TH.....I haven't followed the low fat diet my doctor mentioned to the T. I seen him on the 1st he didn't mention anything nor at my pre opt it was no big deal..... Only the liquid the day before....Wondering if I should be overly concerned about it??? However excited to have band removed and become sleeved!!!

I followed my doctor's recommended diet for a couple of reasons. First off, it reduces the size of the fatty liver. If they go in and the liver is in the way, they can't do the surgery. Second, starting the pre-op diet helps you jump start your weight loss AND learn healthier eating habits so you will be more prepared after surgery.

I followed it for the most part but I did cheat 2 days before surgery and had a slice of pizza.< /p>

Thank you but I know if many had will power we wouldn't be on a pre opt diet,,,,I'm certain I will be fine ...Keep u guys posted

Luckily my MD only had a special diet for the day before. Everything went fine for me with no liver reduction diet.

16 days Protein shakes and leafy green veggies....sorry, followed to a T.

Good luck.

My husband took me out to our favorite restaurants twice the week before but I followed the two day diet to a T. Good luck.

I didn't really do a special diet either.. I didn't get to go to my final meeting with my surgeon or my meeting with the nutritionist until a few days before my surgery date, so I didn't really think too much about doing anything special before surgery. I was already doing ok making healthier choices with my meals and had lost 20 pounds. It was suggested to me last minute that I stick with the Protein shakes and lean meats, but it wasn't a deal breaker if I didn't. Of course, my surgeon told me not to go out and eat anything really fatty last minute either.. I think the purpose of it is so that your liver will be smaller, which reduces potential complications and makes recovery easier. But I didn't exactly do that.. I didn't eat terribly, but I did go to Red Robin the Saturday before my surgery. While I didn't over eat, I probably did take in more fat than I should have. Still, my surgery went well.. I haven't had any issues so far, although my surgeon did say that my liver was slightly fatty/enlarged. He said this was pretty much to be expected though. So, I wouldn't worry about it too much.. especially if your surgeon isn't requiring you to do a diet. Not all of them do. Just don't go crazy with your meals beforehand.

Edited by momohime

I didn't have a special diet to follow

My pre-op diet was supposed to be for two weeks, but I chose to follow it for a month. No cheating. I figured if I'd had enough food in my 42 years to be as fat as I was, I certainly didn't need more. I was READY to be healthy and I was anxious to get started.

So no, no cheating here, and I went into surgery knowing I did everything I could to ensure that my procedure was going to be a safe as I could make it.

I take my doctors instructions seriously. Why increase any kind of risk.

I'm in the middle of my 10 day liver reduction diet. I AM STRUGGLING! The shakes, Jello and popsicles just are not doing it for me. Only 5 more days to go. I'm trying to be so good but my son's spaghetti O's never looked so good.

I'm on my 6th day Atkins

Surgery next Friday,.. I'm sticking to it.

I have always been one of those "rules players" in life that a lot of people hate. I personally am glad that I have followed my bariatric program very carefully over these last three years. Would I have been as successful if I'd "broken the rules" a little or a lot??? Who knows, but I am rockin' my sleeve and living the healthy life! So I'm glad I'm playing by the rules. . . I even think it's FUN!!!