Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your Doc require a pre-op diet?

Did your Doc require a pre-op diet?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Did your Doc require a pre-op diet?

• No
    • Yes, a liquid diet
    • Yes, modified fat, carbs, protein

I am set for June 17th. My doc said lose 10% of my body weight, no sugar, no milk, eat 1/2 of what I normally do & don't eat after 7pm.

I have a 6 month diet for my insurance and then 2 weeks before surgery 2 weeks of Protein Shakes twice a day and a small meal for dinner

Well I have a pre surgery diet and so far it is looking like its as follows..

Full Fluids

70 grams of Protein

64 ounces of Fluid daily

800-1000 calories daily

low fat

0 sugar

this times 11 days prior to surgery...

May 23-June 2 Surgery June 3

I am still wrapping my brain around how to do this one and going to ask about carbs as well

I don't have a pre-op diet either. I am wonder though since there is the liquid diet afterwards if it would be easier to adjust if I did a liquid diet.. I did a liquid diet unfortunately a few months ago before I had my gall bladder removed and it wasn't so bad. I think as long as I know there is an end in sight and I skinnier/healthier me I can do it again...

Well I have a pre surgery diet and so far it is looking like its as follows..

Full Fluids

70 grams of Protein

64 ounces of Fluid daily

800-1000 calories daily

low fat

0 sugar

this times 11 days prior to surgery...

May 23-June 2 Surgery June 3

I am still wrapping my brain around how to do this one and going to ask about carbs as well

i did the wrong diet the first two days (miserable clear liquids) but my nutrition lady told me i could have a small high Protein meal (heaven) plus to Protein shakes ohhhhh so much easier you can do it

ok can someone tell me what the abr. DH stands for???? as i am reading the only thing i can come up with it damn husband??lol:biggrin:

Officially start my preop diet today!! and in addition to what I posted as few carbs as possible.

I did take in a few recipes that were approved by my nutritionist thought so that is good!!

It will be all good I have a busy 10 days anyway so I hope that will help the time go FAST!!!

It still doesn't seem real though?!?!

I think I'll wake up in recovery thinking it's too good to be true and not real :blushing:

I've started my diet this morning

for 10 days

it's called a Pre op liquid diet

and includes cottage cheese, yogurt, and sugar free pudding

883 calories, 79g carbs, 111g Protein

My nurse coordinator told me I just needed to lose a little weight before surgery and to start going low carb when I went in for my first meeting (I still haven't met my surgeon!) So I'll have been watching what I eat since April 28, and really got serious after she called with the surgery date on May 14 (with one off day where I fell into a bag of jelly beans). I'll continue to watch what I eat until next week and then on the 28th I switch to liquids until surgery so for a week.

So for me, it's been lower carb (but not like Atkins I've just been watching the carbs, and focusing on getting in the proteins) for a month plus 1 week of liquids only.

Always ;-)

Hunzi

I just got approval from my insurance company, and I go for my first pre-surgical visit on June 19th. Now I'm starting to get nervous.