Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

coffee is my problem

I love having several cups of coffee in the morning. I don't eat a lot in the day and I just realized that my coffee is sabotaging my efforts. I don't actually love the taste of coffee, but I do love it sweet and creamy with Creamer. Does anyone have any ways to make my coffee like I enjoy it but with less calories and sugar? My friend uses monkeys fruit as a sweetener. What about that? I love spends but I heard it can be bad for sugar substitute.

Hi,

I love my coffee as well. I put evaporated not fat milk it makes it nice and creamy and adds Protein. I also put Premier Protein chocolate in it. (I buy it by the case at Costco). Another trick is land I lakes fat free creamer. It actually tastes really good.

I always get skinny sugar free drinks at Starbucks. I was really surprised when I looked at the nutrition. In my grande caramel machioto there was 18g of sugar and 28 carbs. This really surprised me since I was ordering a sugar free drink I thought!

Turn your coffee into a Protein drink! Click offers 3 or 4 flavors of coffee Protein powders. The taste of coffee, the creaminess, the caffeine, and protein! I was amazed at how good this powder tastes. You can even add a scoop to your regular Protein Powder for blended flavors. I know they have regular coffee, vanilla and caramel. I think they have mocha, but not positive. I've gotten mine at Vitamin World and Amazon. You can also order directly from their website.

Be careful with sweetners. My nutritionist told me that your body can trick itself into thinking that it is real sugar if used in abundance. Was anyone else told this?

I also love coffee but I have cut back from it some due to calories in my Creamers.< /p>

I like your suggestion Razzswt39.

Have you every tried making a mocha with the premier Protein chocolate in it? I may give it a try...

I would typically use a quality chocolate 'sauce' but I may try it with chocolate Protein shake. Seems like it could work.

Well I'm on an LCHF diet and I also work overnight shifts. I drink small coffees at a time and put 2 half and half packets and 2 sweet and lows..: haven't had any issues yet. I was never a fan of sugar in my coffee drinks because you can use a boatload and to me it's never sweet enough and it doesn't dissolve well. I prefer equal or Splenda but the hospital only carries sweet n low. Some people don't like artificial sweeteners but I do hear wonderful things about stevia extract which is non sugar, and not bad for you (supposedly). I figure a few sweeteners a day isn't as day as overdosing on sugar like I used to with soda and junk like that.

Please check this out... I had my band in June 2013 and my main struggle was caffeine. It isn't that the "caffeine" itself if all that bad in small amounts but I also had to put the cream and sugar to even like it. And I had to have a tea later in the day to try and stay awake because my energy levels were soooo low. I have lost weight but I didn't "feel good" really until I found Thrive! All day energy no crashes... I haven't had coffee or any other caffeine drink in 10 weeks since being on Thrive! go to my website and check it out... or not... I want you all to know that the only reason I am putting this one here is because I am "one of you" and many struggle with the same issues an this is something that I have found that really helps me and has been a game changer for me and my husband! (he was a coffee in the morning and mountain dew in the afternoon guy until we found Thrive) http://angelastewart.le-vel.com