Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I officially HATE protein shakes!

I hate them too. I drink 1/2 EAS dark chocolate with my morning pills and the other half at some point during the day. That's all I can tolerate. I am trying to get my Protein from somewhere, anywhere else. I bought that Protein Shake book too. While it gives you good ideas, ugh just the thought of another shake makes me gag.

I'm trying the nectar brand shakes. I honestly like Fuzzy Navel. At Vitamin shop, and some stores have single packs so you can try the different varieties.

I have a Protein shake to start most every day. Primarily I use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate Splendor, skim milk and ice. To change it up I add banana, PB2, or Torani sugar free Salted Carmel Syrup. I also use Chike coffee Protein Powder. Chike mixed with chocolate Splendor makes a great Mocha Flavor. Some of the Syntrax Nectars are good, I prefer Fuzzy Navel

I rarely have a pre made Protein Shake but when I do it is Premier Chocolate or vanilla. I found that the shakes I make myself are much better tasting

I chucked all the Protein Shakes in the garbage! All the huge containers of loose Protein mixes, all of it! Ugh disgusting all of them, every single one I tried... plus they made me too full I wouldn't eat a single thing. I got Protein Shots. They are 2.3oz the same size of an energy shot. Chug it down and be done with it. 32 grams. That's the only way I can do it. And I lost 120 pounds and just at about 10mths so apparently the protein shakes weren't a must. Tweek when needed to fit your own needs :)

I chucked all the Protein Shakes in the garbage! All the huge containers of loose Protein mixes, all of it! Ugh disgusting all of them, every single one I tried... plus they made me too full I wouldn't eat a single thing. I got Protein Shots. They are 2.3oz the same size of an energy shot. Chug it down and be done with it. 32 grams. That's the only way I can do it. And I lost 120 pounds and just at about 10mths so apparently the protein shakes weren't a must. Tweek when needed to fit your own needs :)

Which Dr. gives these shots. This sounds like a plan. Do you do them yourself? How often are the injections?

Totally agree. I love Chike.

Wen can u drink this chike just ordered sum and im 17days

I think shes talking about the shots like you would get at a bar.. not needles. Like a 5 hour energy.

"Which Dr. gives these shots. This sounds like a plan. Do you do them yourself? How often are the injections?"

Edited by betty_s

I cannot stand Protein shakes! I've tried everything and end up gagging in disgust! It also makes my mouth dry and my tongue feels coated and furry. It only happens when I have the Protein Shakes. At least that means I'm getting Water in!

I agree putting them in the freezer is the ticket. I just tried it for the first time right now and it was like drinking a chocolate shake. I used Premier Protein.< /p>

I have tried quite a few Protein Shakes. I found out about nectar Protein shakes and I have really enjoyed those. They taste a lot like fruit juices and they go down easy.

Try adding a product I got from GNC called PB2. Its powder form Peanut Butter flavor. I couldn't take the protien skakes either until I added this to it and now they are amazing with chocolate protien shakes! Only $4 elsewhere its $9. Try it and good luck!!!!

I think shes talking about the shots like you would get at a bar.. not needles. Like a 5 hour energy.

"Which Dr. gives these shots. This sounds like a plan. Do you do them yourself? How often are the injections?"

Oooh! Hahahahaha! I can do that.

Try Zeal for Life protein! The vanilla is wonderful. You can mix with juice or milk. I especially like it with acai berry juice. I like it best blended with ice but no ice was great the first few days post op.

Zeal can be ordered online....zealforlife website.

hate them myself. I didn't go through this surgery and lifestyle change to subsist on Protein drinks and even just thinking about it nauseates me...except for the Chike coffee shake. That shake is pretty freaking awesome (just know there are 2 shots of real espresso in each packet) but even that shake, I can only tolerate once a week at most...

For those who bought the book, The Bariatric Foodie Guide to Perfect Protein Shakes, what are your thoughts on it? I am thinking about buying it.