Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Okay... so I know a lot of us are hungry and emotional and cranky. But have any of you actually "binged" in any way, or the way that you used to? I was a big binge eater, and I tell you - as much as I've wanted to binge lately (stress I think) I havent' been able to. At first it was frustrating, but I find I'm getting better at dealing with the emotions that come along with wanting to binge but being unable to.

A binge for me used to be two full meals at a fast food joint, plus ice cream or other desert.

Just getting rid of the binges and the guilt alone have been worth it for me. Maybe I haven't been making the 100% right choices, but the binges going away has made the surgery worth it for me. The weight loss is icing on the cake now.

Dan, you look amazing!!!! I am not ready to post a picture yet. With my weight loss I feel that I do not look any different. I still wear the same size clothes, just a little baggy.

Okay... so I know a lot of us are hungry and emotional and cranky. But have any of you actually "binged" in any way, or the way that you used to? I was a big binge eater, and I tell you - as much as I've wanted to binge lately (stress I think) I havent' been able to. At first it was frustrating, but I find I'm getting better at dealing with the emotions that come along with wanting to binge but being unable to.

A binge for me used to be two full meals at a fast food joint, plus ice cream or other desert.

Just getting rid of the binges and the guilt alone have been worth it for me. Maybe I haven't been making the 100% right choices, but the binges going away has made the surgery worth it for me. The weight loss is icing on the cake now.

Binges: I can't binge like I used to. Its crazy, upsetting... and NICE all at the same time. I'm very grateful to my band for that!

I can however still eat naughty things. haha. a week ago I was stressing over work and a comment a friend made (about the band being the easy way out!) and other stuff. I made some chocolate chip cookie dough and started eating it. Didn't eat too much before I just felt icky from all the fat and sugar in it. But still... I gave in the the craving and i hate that. Bah.

Suzzzie...ignore that firend, she's just jealous and cowardly too. She's probably afraid of surgery or the cost of it and can't stand to see your success. I've noticed some of my friends trying really hard to not say the same thing, but I know they think it. Heck, I probably would too if I hadn't of gotten my nerve up to do this. They'll get over it in time, if not, then they can have the spaces at the top of my list!

I don't like talking about this *shudder* but it's the truth. Yes, I still binge about 3 times a week (though not so far this week) but I don't swallow the food as I don't want to damage my operation. I chew it and spit in back into a bowl.:)

I'm talking to a psychologist about it and she has instructed me to keep a journal with certain reflective questions, which I am doing. I am learning a lot about myself. I am sure that this destructive behaviour will lessen over time. I just have to figure out alternative ways to cope with my moods and emotions rather than turning to food. I've been bingeing (on and off) since before I was a teenager, so I don't expect it to change overnight.

Pippz - that is an astounding loss. Congratulations!

Insubordination - I admire that you can talk about the binges even though it makes you uncomfortable. Way to go!

ya ja9va that pic was at my friends wedding in oak glen CA last week. I forgot who it was but someone wanted to see a before and after pic I don't really have any before pics becasue I hated to have pics took of me so I had to scan and upload this one so I don't know how it's going to come out.

post-217977-1381313533672_thumb.jpg

post-217977-13813135360987_thumb.jpg

ya ja9va that pic was at my friends wedding in oak glen CA last week. I forgot who it was but someone wanted to see a before and after pic I don't really have any before pics becasue I hated to have pics took of me so I had to scan and upload this one so I don't know how it's going to come out.

Danbo--I wanted to see the before picture and YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Cap'n....Wow! The transformation of your face and neck is unreal! I find it amusing, too, that you seem to be "scowling" on the bike, and in your new pics, you're smiling soooooo big!!! It's contagious!

C'mon, Pippz...you're next to share the pics!

Thanks, Insub, for sharing your story. I find that really strong on your part!!!! Honestly, I don't see the harm if you're not ingesting, but I can also see how it CAN be harmful to your psychie! Lord knows mine's been damaged along the way! :omg: hehehe!

Cheers,

Toni

Dan you look so good, I wish i was you!!!! I wish I felt good enough to even want to post a pic, but blubberguts is still here.

I had my first fill Tuesday and feel nothing, nada, zippo, zilch!!!! I can eat and drink anything at almost pre op speed. As I have said before I sure it's a kidney stealing crime organization and I don't have a band at all. :rolleyes I want so much to feel this elusive restriction thing, maybe next fill, it's so hard to wait so long till next time (6 weeks ) if it's not working why the heck don't they just put more in, I don't get it. I still binge too. Not as much (volume) at a time but I can still eat way too much in a day.

DAN!! YOU look AMAZING. But I do have to say that even in your before pic you were a hottie. I tend to like guys a bit 'stocky-er' if that makes sense. ANYWAY. You look great!

Insub, I have a friend who lost nearly 300 pounds in 2 years by simply spitting his food out. It was insane. But if he wanted pizza he would just chew and spit. Tacos? candy? same thing. I found his reserve to spit it out amazing, because I personally am not satisfied simply by tasting the food. I want it ALL! I was to chew and swollow and feel stuffed. For me it is the sated feeling that overeating causes that makes me over eat.

Either way though, it IS a self destructive behavior. you can't do that forever... Good luck to you!

Wow Dan! I'm so envious!

BigBaby - how are you doing this week?

Dan you look so good, I wish i was you!!!! I wish I felt good enough to even want to post a pic, but blubberguts is still here.

I had my first fill Tuesday and feel nothing, nada, zippo, zilch!!!! I can eat and drink anything at almost pre op speed. As I have said before I'm sure it's a kidney stealing crime organization and I don't have a band at all. :rolleyes I want so much to feel this elusive restriction thing, maybe next fill, it's so hard to wait so long till next time (6 weeks ) if it's not working why the heck don't they just put more in, I don't get it. I still binge too. Not as much (volume) at a time but I can still eat way too much in a day.

Hysterical!!!!!! And I know *exactly* what you are going through, Marga! I did really well on vacation because I didn't/couldn't snack, but I have to watch it now, or I could grab here-n-there all day! :kiss Those calories stack up! Plus, I still don't get that "I'm full" feeling at meal time. I'm not exactly measuring my food, either. Maybe that's why I haven't lost a boat-load? :) But if I measured out a cup of whatever for dinner, I know it wouldn't be enough.

Sorry...just wanted to commiserate!!!!!:cry Hopefully by our 3rd fill we'll be feeling better restriction. That's what I'm looking forward to! :(

DAN :bandit YOU LOOK GREAT!!! A HARLEY MAN TOO! You should be very proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing, although I am envious of guys, you can lose faster, but also know you have to work at it.

toni as usual you bring great humor to the boards.

pippz how are you doing it? I think out of most of us, you seem to be the one who has met most challenges with positive results. We will all get there, but like suzzie and others said, some habits are not as easy to break, but day by day we are working it!

TGIF It is weekend time again, yahoo! It is going to cool down here on the east coast which will be nice. My dh and I plan to go out for crabs at this shack restaurant on the Water. I feel I can eat that, because if you ever ate hard shell crabs it is bit by bit bites! You can eat for an hour and not get to 4 oz. the only sad part is NO Corona's :cry