Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Whoohoo I am getting a fill under fluoro on Friday! Time to find out what this little bugger is doing and why it's so fickle. Not that it will work...the fill...because the theory is that I swell after a fill.

I get serious points for going for a fill 3 days before my quilt retreat where three daily wonderful home-cooked-family-style meals are served fireside in a beautiful lodge. Hmmmppphhh!

GO SUZZIE GO!

Rhonda - you do get a lot of extra points for that! do you have to be on liquids/mushies the whole time you are there?

My fill is pretty good I think, but darn it the glucaphage is doing NOTHING to help my hunger. I am still snack happy! I have decided not to get on the scale for awhile, I get so mad when it goes up even on days I know I have eaten okay. I am going to take a new picture put it next to my old and try to allow myself to accept that I have changed!

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Missy - I was telling Stef today that I was going to have to do pics again to prove to myself haw far I've come. Even though I'm soooo close to 100 mark, I still feel fat. I mean, if you look at my ticker, I still have over 130 to lose!!!

I get soooo annoyed at work when people call me skinny, or make any reference at all to my weight. If only they knew the REAL struggles. Lol. It's not just about 'losing weight'.. it's so much more... and I'm at the point where it just isn't enough. I wonder if I'll ever be happy with my body? At least 99.5 pounds ago I fillout out my skin. Now my boobs and belly and thighs and arms are so flappy and gross. And I know that over the next 130 pounds the skin will get worse. I'm determined to get tehre, and then sell everything I have in order t oget plastic surgery. Lol.

Suzzzie - I understand where you're coming from. I also don't know when it gets better. I had DH take some more pics yesterday. He hasn't sent them to me yet. My last pics were at a size 14 so i want to see a difference. I look at the previous pic and I think I look the same. (HEAD GAMES!!)

I've gone from an 18/20 to an 8 and I still don't know when I'm NOT going to feel fat. I still see the tummy bulge and the hanging lower belly. We won't talk about my squishy jiggly thighs, my new wrinkly butt (I didn't know it would wrinkle!!!) and my bat wings that wave at every one.

My friend jumps all over my case if I say anything about being fat because of where I'm at now compared to where I was. Ok ok ok - but I still see the FAT!!! I'm down to 17.8 pounds till goal and I think I can see each pound of fat and where it's at!!!

I can't wait for Stef to kick my butt and hopefully get rid of some of this droopiness!!!!!

Hey but you are 99.5lbs closer to the other side!

My camera isn't charged, so I will have to do the pic tomorrow.

I am thinking college fund for kids or PS for me?? I just have to keep telling myself it is not about how I look, it is about how I feel! But dang it would be nice if my breasts didn't hang to my knees!

I don't have the issue with work - since it is a new job/new state they only know me at this weight. Most of them know I have the band though, because at some point each one of them have questioned me about eating - I am not good at hiding that I am not eating like everyone else. They invariably ask if I want something else or if it tastes okay. I figure it is easier to explain the truth, so I am just upfront about it.

I have some weird thing happening lately and I was wondering if any of you have experienced it or have read about it on other threads. I call them "attacks". They start out as a pain in my lower stomach area and progress rapidly into an intense pain. Worse then the contractions from when I had my son. I have to go into the restroom when I have them. I am in so much pain that I break out into a sweat (so bad that I have to shower afterwards) and feel like I am going to get sick. It last about 20 minutes and the pain goes away. I brought it up to my doctor in February after my gall bladder was removed and he didn't say what it was or act to concerned about it. But, I have been having them a lot since my last fill.

nvalicia--make another appt and get checked out!!! Go until they find out what's going on.

I have something weired going on with my band--might just be the last fill is kickin in. Today I tried to eat 2 veggie sausages. Snack: Ate 2 100 calorie packs (I know...I know) dinner--3 chicken nuggets----

I have felt stuffed all day....that's not nearly enough calories or even a cup a food at each meal....I'm not PBing...just know that I can't eat....

I'll see how tomorrow goes--going to start with a Protein Shake.< /p>

BigBaby ~ I am the same way right now. It took my 30 minutes to eat Soup yesterday. I ended up dumping the rest of it out. Mashed potatoes even hurt last night. I'm not Pbing because I stop when I feel the discomfort, but I tend to get really tight when I ovulate or have cramps with my TOM. It's weird when the Protein Shake is even tight, but I don't want an unfill.

Well I'm sooooo glad I got on here and read the posts from yesterday and today!! WHAT AN ENCOURAGEMENT!! Just to know I'm not the only one having the psychological issues of not feeling like I look any different! I can see the diff when I look at pictures but when I look in the mirror I still feel HUGE and gross looking! My arms and thighs so far are the worst parts for me with sagging skin! UGH My boobs have looked like deflated baloons since I quite breast feeding 4 1/2 yrs ago! hehehe I went to weigh in today and I've lost 5 lb since my fill last week!! I was surprised that I lost that much cause my appetite has been RAGING!! My TOM is getting close so that always makes the appetite worse! UGH Just having a bad cpl of days dealing with the deppression and just weird feelings! Sorry for the typos my spell check isn't working for some reason! GRRR

Hello everyone, remember me!!!

I am not sure what has been going on with me and not reading and posting for I think if you all a lot! I guess I have been busy. For the past three weeks I have been in pain from oral surgery. I had a tooth pulled that ended up with cut bone and tissue. I never took my pain drugs from my band. Well, after two weeks of taking all my percusets from my dentist, I cut into the leftovers I had stashed from surgery. the pain still is not gone, but it is better. I can't beleive I can champion through the band with maybe a day of them and a tooth has almost killed me!!!

I read all your posts, atleast three pages, and you are all doing great!!!!!! Suzzzie your sense of humor never stops, and Stef you are the champion! NV, Missy and Bigb GREAT LOSS and welcome to ONE-DERLAND!!!!!!!

I have been doing fine, still at 192, but hey, I am doing better than I have been in life pre band. I had a small fill in early March, now at 7.75 in my 10ccc band. I am having restriction with a lot of food. I did not eat anything good in several days and had to eat something. so i went to Baja Fresh for their Tortilla Soup. it is outstanding!! and not to bad in calories. if you have one of them near you, try it. it is really good.

what else is going on? where is Dan these days? Do you all watch the Biggest Loser? What about those Woman!! Ali and Kelly. I really would like to have Jillian help me out. she is great. Exercise has been my worst challenge. the weather is finally getting better here. so, hopefully...

well,I will be back later or tomorrow, promise. And Mj, great shopping. doesn't it feel good!!

Janine!!!!!! So glad to see you posting! I love Ali and Kelly and JILLIAN!! Hang in there and go back for another fill if you can eat more than 1 cup food!!

NVAlicia - get that pain checked out! That is soooo not normal!!

Holli - do more pics of you now, and compare them to your FAT pics. You look great, and you've lost a LOT of weight!!

Hi Janine!!!!! Sorry to hear about your tooth pain!!! I have trouble with mouth pain and back pain. I can deal with other surgeries (lap-band, and c-sections) but not those!!!!!!

NVAlicia - that sounds really scary. Hubby has problems with burning when he eats sometimes - so bad that he hunches over for a little bit and will get sweaty, but not as severe as you describe. Since he has finally tested negative for H.Pylori, he is going to have to have another scope to see what is going on. I agree with BigBaby - go until you are satisfied they have looked at everything.

Janine - WELCOME BACK! Sorry about your teeth.

I put an updated picture in my profile with comparison pictures. I can see the difference, but I still look FAT - UGHH. I learned to ignore people staring at me before, now I worry all the time what people are thinking when they look at me.

I told my Mom I was in an 18 and she finally said that I was doing good - I was amazed, I was expecting the usual negative from her.

Happy Wednesday!