Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Rhonda I can relate to all you said! I have been at the same weight for months, but I guess the positive is that we are not gaining. I have 7cc in my 10cc band. Big Baby I read what you posted, and it is on target. when I met with my doc/NP last time she said to forget the idea of being "full". You should just eat your portions. Salad( if you can eat it) Soups, chili type stuff, can be more than 1/2 c. That you should not be to a point you are PBing or getting food stuck. I know I am at where I should be, but it is all in what I am eating. Last night when I watched the Biggest Loser ( glad to see Paul leave!!!) Bob got mad for drinking wine, and Jillian for a small slice of pizza. Although, I think we need to live, I thought about me drinking wine and eating bad stuff from time to time, this is most likely my problem!

suzzzie I agree to with all you said. I eat more than 1/2 cup at times, and then I know I ate to much because of belching. To late then, really need to measure!

stef okay I am dumb, what is DFW?

THat was a GREAT post Big Baby!! I totally agree. I was watching Big Medicine last night and they were doing a lap band and DrDavis explained that when a banded Patient eats the blood vessels engorge and send our brains the "I'm Full" feeling much much sooner than pre-band. It's not so much that food is staying in the 'little stomach' as that as it is passing through it puts a bit of pressure against the walls, therefor signalling the blood stream and then activating hormones and signals in our brains.

People always mention about food staying in the 'pouch', it's not supposed to. For me, I think that is when I'm stuck. Anything that hangs out above the band is a stuck thing! (and for me is very painful.) It all just goes through slower now...

So cold here... and I'm BAD about paying bills (I just forget!) so I think my Gas service will be shut off today unless I pay like $42 more dollars! OMG! I paid $100 last night over the phone by credit card, but it only lets you make one phone payment every 24 hours! I had to split the payment between 2 credit cards. I'm such a retard. I only remember to pay rent cause the landlords come to the door to collect it, or else I"d probably be homeless! Most of my other bills are paid by automatic debit.

Woot! No worries. Just got a call back from the Gas company and got that $42 paid. :) So I will have HEAT! Yayness. I know I'm such a goober. My mom has lectured me for years and years about this problem. Unless the mail is "shiney" (like a magazine or something) I don't mess with it. I have a huge pile of bills. Lol. The only bills I have to actually write out checks for are Gas, Water, and rent. My water has been nearly shut off a few times too! I get the WARNING envelope which is usually a different color (therefore "shiney") and it gets my attention. Ha! I need a better system!

Yes Suzzie--you need a better system LOL---but I'm glad you'll be warm--for at least 1 more month hahahahah!!!!

Try online banking...a day or two after I get paid, I sit at the computer and pay bills--no worries

Big baby, that you for the wonderful post from the blog. I know I do not write on here hardly ever, but I do read it every day. I am a lot like you. We were about at the same weight at the start and we are not close to the same weight. I, like you, have never thrown up once. I have never had things stuck. I occasionaly burp when I am full, but that is it. I Keep wanting these symtoms to help me out. I Have almost always lost 1 lb a week since the surgery. I think that is way too little also. When I talk to the NP at the clinic, she raves that I am doing wonderful. I don't see that at all. Since I had lost better at the start of the surgery and before, I am now up to 54 lbs. It seems like so little when I read hear and see that people have lost 90 or more lbs. I was at the NP on monday for a small fill. When I told her how disgusted I was with how slowly things are going, she gave me some advice. She told me to quit reading stuff on Lap Band. She said everyone is different, and we all lose at a different pace. She also said that in her experience, the people who lose so fast, esp. at first, usually ending up at a point where they go for a very long time withour losing anything, or start to gain again. The people who lose slow and at at even pace, keep losing and don't usually gain. She told me to think of a child at 54 lbs. Try to lift that child, carry it around. It is impossible for long. That I can relate to, as I have a grandchild that is about that weight.

Anyway, she assures me that my band is doing exactly what it is suppose to. It is not making me sick and uncomfortable everytime I eat. It is just there to help me know when it is time to quit eating.

So, I think That one lb a month is a good impovement, and we should be thankful.

Joeygirl - I'm one of those people who've lost 90 pounds... but LOOK at how much I have to lose! THat is a HUGE factor! I still have 141 to go!! Most people don't START with needing to lose that much! Lol. So yeah, when you see that someone has lost 60,70,80,90, etc pounds oin the same time it took you to lose 50, DON'T FEEL BAD! You've done GREAT!

Suzzz, I guess when you put it that way it makes a lot of sense. It is just so hard not to get disgusted with the progress. But, I will take my one lb. a week and just keep on going. In a year I may be to where I want to.LOL

ja9va - DFW is Dallas/Fort Worth area :)

Big Baby - I didn't remember you being from this area!!

y'all DFW's - they are trying to organize a meet up somewhere around here. It's under the Texas thread. I haven't looked in a few days so I don't know if they've picked a place and a date yet.

Beckie - Stefs little local bike ride got me thinking... you live nearish me! We should like walk or jog or bike or go eat ice cream together. Haha. Seriously though. What days/times would be good? Even if we could meet once a week or so just to walk a few miles?!

Suzzzie, sounds like a plan! I've thought about going to the Liberty Community Center....have you been there? My brother goes there. I wouldn't mind buying a visitors pass to work out inside. Weekends are easiest for me, kids and work-wise. How about you?

Beckie, I work every other weekend, but am usually home by 4:30 or so. I don't live very far from the Community center at all, and usually drive right past it on my way home. So yeah, that would work great. I haven't been going to my gym anyway... which is in the opposite direction. I'd been thinking about switching to there since it's by where I like to walk. Let me know what you decide!

Hey guys and gals!! Yes I know it's been like FOREVER since I been in here!! I been busy and disgusted!! LOL I have FINALLY reached the 100 lb loss mark!! As of yesterday I weighed at the Dr's when I got my 4th fill of .8cc and I have lost 102!! WOOOOHOOOOO I was at a stand still playing between 97-99 lbs for about 2 months so now im ready to start LOOSING BIG again!! :-)

CONGRATS 2 U HOLLI!!!

WOW!!1 100lbs!!!!

Keep posting--even when you're not losing!! It's on this board that we have a sense of family, community and support. I don't always post, but I read DAILY ...I'm addicted...

Sometimes I check the board from my phone!!!