Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Suzzie, I tried Alli for about a month, and for me it was a waste of money. I lost one lb. a week, the same as I have been doing without it. I must not eat the high fat foods at all. I never had any of the side effects that you are suppose to get when you eat to much fat. Never once had the diahrea. I was hoping I would.

I think you are doing great without any drugs.

I guess we just all want this to go faster than it is. Will we ever be happy?

Gosh, Suzzzie...I just realized that you are SOOOOOO close to being 100 pounds down! I think you are doing fantastic and probably don't need the drugs. (But look who's talking...I'm a walking pharmacy.) Still, it sounds like you really know what works and doesn't work for you. Even if you DO partake of the creamy frozen goodness we know so well! LOL

P.S. Bought a pint of Bluebell Buttered Pecan yesterday, and so proud that I only ate half! :)

I took my kids to the movies yesterday and half way into it I realized that my legs were crossed, which was very uncomfortable before, plus the fact that I had to help my big fat leg over the other with my hands. I did it without even thinking and it is comfortable! Just had to share cause I know no one else would understand.

Lol. I totally find myself crossing my legs these days. It's not as pretty and perfect as the skinny people, but its totally awesome for me! CONGRATS to you!!

I also think I forgot to brag that I had to buy new Scrub pants the other day. My 4x fall off of my butt and are just HUGE. I've been wearing my old 3x for a while... and they are big and baggy... I bought 2 pairs of 2x without trying them on - and they fit! There is actually room in them! I've NEVER, in my 11 year nuring career have worn smaller than a 3x! I really believe that in about another 20 pounds I should be able to fit into a 1x! I can't even believe it!

NOW - if my dang shirt size could go down! Lol. I think I probably could, but I have issues with the 'muffin top' and like my shirts baggier so it isn't as highlighted. Lol.

Congrats you two on the leg-crossing and Suzzzie on the smaller scrubs! I remember when I first noticed that I could cross my legs comfortably without using my hands to cross one leg over the other...it was a very cool realization!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now about my fill! I went this morning, as planned, and ended up with a full CC being added. That I received that much is surprising to me, but it was done under flouro, so I'm cool with it. Last fill I was at 5.2 CC in a 10 CC band, so now I'm at 6.2 CC in a 10 CC band.

Also, it wasn't October that I got my last fill...it was September 25th! So it has been five months since I got a fill! That is WAY too long to wait...shame on me.

And it's funny, because I've only lost 13 pounds since that time, yet my entire body shape has changed. I've actually lost a lot more than 13 pounds of fat...I've just added much poundage of muscle.

So the NP says liquids for today, and soft foods for three days. I'm going to have a Protein Shake here in about a half hour. Actually looking forward to it...chocolate peanut butter! YUM!

I make my own, too...but a lazier version! LOL

8 oz. Water

2 scoops chocolate EAS Premium Protien

1 tablespoon natural Peanut Butter

6-8 ice cubes

Blend away and enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has:

310 Calories

9 Total Fat (2 of them Saturated)

8 Carbs (6 net)

2 Fiber

4 Sugars

46 Protein (27 from the protein powder, 19 from the peanut butter)

I use GNC soy unflavored Protein powder.

As far as the protein that the pb adds, that depends on the pb that you use, and how much. And honestly, I haven't counted protein or calories in a long time, so I'm not sure.

I would bet Suzzzie's tastes better because it's probably thicker/creamier/sweeter.

Just a suggestion, too....for an added Protein kick (if you are going to use milk anyhow), you can use chocolate Muscle Milk!

Suze, what brand of unflavored protein powder do you use? The one I bought a while back is positively HORRID! (And still sitting in my cabinet, unused.)

I have no idea? Lol. Its red and black label. I think its just GNC brand. I cut the label off when I got it so I could put tyhe nutrition info in the body bugg system and wouldn't have to lug the canister in to my room. Lazy me.