Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

bcrazy~ I have tried the caramel ones. They are good, but nothing can beat the Peanut Butter with chocolate. It truly does taste like a reese peanut butter cup (maybe not as rich, but darn close). While I like the caramel ones, I have to say I prefer the peanut butter ones, but I'm that way with peanut butter in the first place. I'd eat it by the spoonful if I wasn't so afraid of getting stuck. I have shared one with a friend that just had bypass and she is going to order some too. I have to hide them from my kids at home. They love Protein Bars. My daughter 2 year old won't drink milk, but she'll drink my EAS Protein Shakes if they are blended with ice cubes to make a shake.< /p>

stef---when you look at itunes you will only see week 9. If I remember correctly, you can click the dot or triangle next to the words. This should expand the week 9 and you should see all 9 weeks, then you can import it to your ipod

BIGBABY - I never knew that! I'm still learning about my IPOD and ITUNES, for sure. I'm not that adept at it yet, but I'll get there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, folks. I'm fighting off depression today and on the verge of losing. I think I am on overload with all the medical crap-o-la and getting ready for a bike race next Saturday and another two weeks after that and homeschooling my son through biology (ick) and keeping up with house, pool, kids, dogs, laundry....shit, poor me! How pathetic am I today?!?!?

This happens to me maybe a couple days a year. If I can just make it to bedtime, I should be fine in the morning. One more day at the worst. God I hate this...it is SO not "me".

Okay. Whine over. I hate whiners. LOL

Stef--I assume that it worked...YEA!!! It took me a while to figure it out. I had actually forgotten about that problem.

You're entitled to a whining session--but remember to go to your Word in times like these...."fall down--but get back up!!!"

Thanks, you are so right. Time for a long heart to heart with the Big Guy. I always try to take everything and everyone on myself like I'm Super Woman or something. It doesn't always work! Maybe this is His way of knocking me off my high-horse, huh? LOL

G'nite, all! Tomorrow is another day!

Well if you look back at the posts, you'll read that just a week ago, I was justifying why I was keeping a tight fill. Big mistake! I even arrogantly said that I would advise you guys to get an unfill if it were that tight but that I'm keeping mine!

I woke up the other day with excrutiating and unyielding pain and couldn't even Iron my clothes much less go to work. I could only keep down warm or boiling Water and regularly threw up chewed up painkillers and Vitamins. I hoped it would get better overnight but the pain only intensified. I tried pineapple juice to no avail.

I went to the doc's today (the drive was a hard one in so much pain) and got a barium swallow (ruled out slippage, blockage) and an ultrasound (ruled out gall bladder attack). I was really happy but the pain did not go.

Upon looking at my results, it seemed that my pouch was swollen (probably from prior overeating and then irritated from all the PBing lately). He took 2ml out and made me drink water and I was finally relieved of the pain. I begged him not to take all of it out! I have to call him on Friday to check that all pain is gone. I will be honest this time.

So far, the pain seems to be gone. I have one week liquids and one week mushies to look foward to. Then he will (perhaps) consider putting some back in.

I had good restriction but insisted on another fill about a month ago because I'd reached a plateau. Yes, I lost a lot of weight in the past month but I also PB'd more than 15 times and only ate one or two solid meals in all that time. I kept justifying that it was worth it because my weight loss was good. The pain has taught me otherwise. I don't want to willfully put my band in jeopardy. It was a scary lesson to learn.

If you have any problems, or think you are too tight, don't be stubborn like I was. Go to your doctor. I'm glad I only waiting about 30 hours and didn't dope myself up and continue to work.

On a cool note, met an old friend in the banding room. We both exclaimed how much wait we'd lost.

Insub, I'm going to tell you what you already know...you are SO lucky your band didn't slip. VERY very very lucky. Sometimes we're so desperate to lose weight and prove our band can work for us and we can do it, we'll risk life and limb (band) to do it. It's so not worth it, as you have learned. On a second note, I'm so glad you were able to make it to the doctor and get the unfill. When this happened to me, and it wasn't to this degree, I had someone drive me!! I have to remind myself now that slow and steady wins the race!

(((((((Stef)))))) I can so relate. I hope you're feeling more on top of things. We all have our moments. Sometimes you have to indulge those feelings and be reminded that you can reach out to others for comfort and support. I'm know that you're surrounded by a loving family.

I started on the Byetta yesterday. Wow, does it make me tired. When I took my evening dose, I also felt a bit nauseous. I hope those symptoms will lessen. My weight it up about 8 pounds from Saturday.....probably the ham I have been eating 3 meals a day! lol

And.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!! Have a great day everyone!

INSUB - I am too so very glad you are all right now! How scary! As you know, I did the same thing before getting my unfill...I'm so stubborn. I was lucky I didn't go through what you did. I'm glad it's over for you. Enjoy those liquids, chica! LOL

Suze and O2B - Thank you for the kind words...I am MUCH better today. I didn't get ONE MINUTE of sleep last night and did landscaping all day before a horrendous workout, so I think it is safe to say that I will be sleeping well tonight. I guess I just had a really, really off day. I felt goofy posting all whiney like that, but I just couldn't help myself. And I knew everyone would understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and O2B...

happy-birthday.jpg

And for those of you who run or cycle...here is an invaluable item. These guys are pretty funny, too, as you will see. I've included the whole email:

Hello Stefanie:

Thank you, again, for your recent Road ID Order (Order # xxxxxx-xxxxx). You have made a very wise investment in your safety and peace of mind - it's quite obvious that you are a highly intelligent individual.

We are thrilled to have you as a customer and hope that we can count on you to spread the word about Road ID. In fact, to make it fun to spread the word, we created a unique coupon for you pass along to your friends! Here's the coupon number:

Coupon Number: ThanksStefanie359657

This coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order. It can be used up to 20 times in the next 30 days.

To make things even easier, we wrote a sample email that you can forward to your buddies. You can find the sample email below.

Thanks again for spreading the word about Road ID.

Be safe out there,

Edward Wimmer

Co-Owner

800-345-6336

SAMPLE EMAIL: Feel free to copy the following text and paste it into a new email to your friends.

**********Begin Sample Email**********

Hey Everyone,

I just ordered one of the best products ever. It's called a Road ID - perhaps you've heard of it. If you haven't, go to their website and check it out. Road ID is a great product that could save your life someday.

When I ordered, they gave me a coupon that I could pass along to my friends. Here's the coupon number:

Coupon Number: ThanksStefanie359657

The coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 04/26/2008. To order, simply go to
or click the link below:

If you prefer, you can call them at 800-345-6335.

You can thank me later,

Stefanie Stanphill

Oh by the way, their website is awesome, the customer service is outstanding, and the owners are very smart and good looking.

**********END Sample Email**********