Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I'm rooting for you, too, bigbaby! You can do it!

Yeah, Suzzie, I may have to get one of those bugs...still considering.

Hello to everyone else! I'm glad to be back and thank you to all for the nice comments about my slide show! I'm such a picture nerd...I just love them, and love putting those slide shows together!

WTG Lucy! That's sooo awesome!

Welcome back Steph

BB - Happy Belated Birthday...apparently I wasn't paying attention.

ja9va: They were concerned at the time but now they are railing me left and right with the Capt. Morgan comments and sent me flowers to work in a margarita glass. LOL. In speaking with a nurse after the whole debauchery, she believes that yes part of it could have been due to the band but it could have had a lot to do with me donating platelets a couple days prior to drinking. I donate platelets pretty frequently never had a problem so it never occurred to me that it could be an issue. Oh well, live - learn - and get harassed by my coworkers. :car:

I think I'm still the only one that is stubborn and not giving up carbonation yet. It's not so much the cokes, cause I don't drink much of those but I'm addicted to club soda. This last restriction, I've noticed a huge difference and I think the next one might force me to quit. :)

Carbonated Water was SO hard for me to give up, I'm right there with you. I never was that into soda, but I love fizzy water. Sigh...I've moved on to flat water and I'm dealing. Sometimes I buy carbonated water and I mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with flat water.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AFTER!! How did we all do?

I had dinner at my home with my family. I love to cook and have everyone enjoy it. I had a plate of food, little of everything, filling my plate, but nothing like in years past. I think I jumped in eating to fast for I felt pain quickly. So, I waited for it to pass and then ate slowly. It was all good! Later on I really wanted some stuffing and tried to eat it ( like we did in the past, snacking!) and NO WAY! I was depressed but glad. I think you can all relate. it is like you really want it, but in your head you know it is not going to happen. Before dinner I had Snacks and I could eat crackers with spinach dip and apples with pumpkin dip. But later in the day, I could not eat a pretzel? why is it so crazy!!

I have a fill appointmnet of Tuesday and I am going to go for it. I am still stuck with the weight loss and I know part is because of what I eat and no exercise. I can understand some of our frustrations with thinking that we should be losing, no problems with the band! But it not working as fast as what we would have liked! I am not going to get into the contest threads, as you see I did not meet my goal for November. I don't do well in those target weight things, I need to consentrate on my small goals and what is working and not focus on numbers.... some of you guys may be like me too.

well, off to shop on BLACK FRIDAY!!!

Talk to you all later....

Good for you, Janine!

My experience was similar. I put small amounts of nearly everything (the stuff I thought would be worth eating, the items I knew I could do without I left to my brothers, lol) and slowly ate. I learned my mom's homemade stuffing, which I previously could not get enough of, would be one of my enemies as it got a little stuck. But I did have a small bit of ham, turkey, mashed potatoes and bit o'gravy, green bean casserole and a bit of mac & 3 cheese casserole. Mind you, none of my portions were anywhere near where they were before...all total just about 1 - 1 1/2 c. I even had a half-slice of pumpkin pie with some Free Whipped Cream. That was at noon-1pm.

I wasn't even really hungry for dinner, so I only had a bit of cottage cheese and two small potato patties made from mom's leftover mashed potatoes, and a bite of turkey. Normally, I too would have snacked constantly after the meal...but was full and knew better than to try it.

Should I consider running through the store this morning as exercise? ;)

I went to Kohl's and Walmart...woke up at 2:45 to make it to Kohl's to get the Vtech Vsmile Gift Set for my 3 1/2 year old daughter and also picked up the Thomas The Tank Sodor Carnival set for my 2 year old son.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!!

Hi, everyone!

I haven't posted in a while but am doing pretty well. I also changed my email address two weeks ago and couldn't get emails at either address until today. So I have just finished reading all the past posts. Stef, loved your Vegas pix and you look great.

I did have another episode of nonstop vomiting (this time a day and a half). Of course, I was out of town on business and had to find a clinic in Houston who could do an emergency de-fill for me last Friday. I don't know what causes this as it is the second time it has happened and it was 12 days after my last fill. Anyway, Water still wouldn't go through after they took out 1.0 cc so they took out another 1.0 cc for a total of 2.0cc. Of course, now I can eat a lot...

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving went well. I opted not to cook this year and we went to the Gaylord Resort with a group of 13 of us. It was fabulous buffet and we stayed for 2 3/4 hours which worked well for me as I ate a little bit, waited a while, then ate a little bit more. Never even felt uncomfortable. DH was worried about me not getting our money's worth but I think I did just fine. Then it was on to the Cowboy/Jets game where it snowed! So it was not our usual tradional day, but a fun one, nonetheless.

I have 7 more pounds to Onederland and would love to make it by year end. Are you all as anxious as I am about the Holiday food-fest this year? I don't want to nibble my weight back. Any plan of defense??

Lady HR, the unfill was probably wise was but the timing was bad right before the holidays. Fortunately, no Thanksgiving in Australia. I think that pre-band pretty much every day was a feast for me. Not anymore!

I resigned my job this week after 6 years of faithful (over) service. I was being exploited and thanks to my shrink, was no longer willing to work many extra hours for no pay. I tried discussing it with my boss twice but got no solutions, so I quit.

I was so nervous but I just did it in a non-submissive, neutral way and did not go on and on about what they did wrong.

Now I feel stronger than ever and I have already got another job. You should have seen the panic about the various projects and whether or not I'm going to finish them in the next 4 weeks.

I'm not kidding when I say I do an enormous percentage of the work in that place. I almost feel sorry for my boss because when I'm not there, it's going to be chaos without me to put out every little fire.

It's not really their fault. I guess they didn't expect me to change and wouldn't bend when I did.

Ah, what a week!

Hello everyone. I had my first real pbing pain event today! I can't beleive how bad it felt and to be honest I am not sure I pbing 100% of the way. We went shopping with my brother who is staying with me for the holiday. we met up with my son and his wife at Chili's restaurant. They have happy hour and free wings. I ate one chicken wing, and I am not sure how I ate it but the pain! I had to go to the bathroom, when I was in there, spitting up and then this big clump of mucus came out. when I walked out of the stall there was a woman standing there waiting for me to get out because she thought she left her purse in there! I was so embarrassed. she was standing there the entire time! I told her that I was not ill and it was a long story! I was scrared too,it was crazy. I don't know how some of you who experience that often do it! I ate nothing else when we were there and when I got home tried to eat mashed potatoes and gravy and a little bit of green bean casserole. It was hard to go down. so, who knows what is going on today! I did not eat all day.

On the fun side, enjoyed doing a little shopping, getting in the spirit! I am mainly getting gift cards and I should stop buying for my grandaughter who is 2! I am addicted. I love buying for her, it is so fun after raising two sons. Beckie T, glad you were able to get those things for your kids! I don't ahve those days anymore hunting for those great toys they want.

Have a great night!!

Welcome back Lady HR!

Hi Janine I had my first real PB yesterday as well. As you say it is really painful. I had a fill on Wednesday. It was 6ml, but I do not know what size my band is. (Tried to find out at my fill but the doc did not understand me) I took liquids for the first two days and on the third I tried eating cottage cheese and banana mashed for lunch. This stuck for a little while and I walked around for a little while and it went. It was a good job because I had to see a customer. In the evening my husband cooked cottage pie (ground beef with mashed potatoes on top if you do not have them in the US) and I ate about two spoons of that and a little caluflower mashed and I got the most horrendus pain in my chest. It was awful and I could not get rid of it. I had to make myself vomit about three times before I got comfortable. I do not know if this happens to anyone else, but I felt quite light headed and strange for the rest of the evening. This morning I do not know what to eat. I have got to try to eat to test whether I need to go back for a defill. I only have five days before I go off on holiday.

Thanks for reading to my tale of woe, for those who have not yet lost the will to live - pity party over.

ingy, It feels painful, doesn't it?? I could not stick my fingers down there. My son was telling me to do it! I am not one who likes to vomit at all, but who does. I did pressure it to come up but it was weird looking! so strange explaining vomit...LOL where else could or would we do that!!

I have 6cc in there now, have a fill appointment on Tuesday. not sure what I will do. I am not losing and I can eat more at a meal when I eat right. I think yesterday I took to much to fast, or something? My NP is different than anyone else's. we are not restricted to liquids, only like for the next two meals, and then she said to start mushies back.

where is everyone, enjoying the holiday weekend! we are going outside to put the lights on the house, but my dh hates to do it! tis the season:D!!!!

This may be T.M.I.---but you've been warned:kiss

Today I went to J.C. Penney and purchased panties 2 sizes smaller!!! I am so excited!!! I normally go to Wal-Mart and get packages of Hanes...but I decided to "treat" myself and get some "pretty panties"...they were on sale of course!!!

Just thought I'd share!!!!

Love ya!!!

I'm sorry for those that have just had their first PB. Really sucks doesn't it? But it has helped me learn how fast is too fast and how big of a bite not to eat. Now, the randomness of the food I pb on...well, that's just a whole new ball game. I can say though I haven't pb'd the last couple weeks on something I did wrong. :wacko: Welcome to the new club though.

BigBaby - that is awesome! I'm waiting for the day I can go down sizes...