Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hi everyone. Life's been a little nutty. Having some family/emotional stuff going on, but at least now Im dealing with it instead of just stuffing my face. Weight loss has slowed a LOT and I put on 4 lbs in a week because I was eating CRAP. I'm back on plan now, though, and went back to the gym today. I think what I need to learn more than anything now is self-forgiveness. Before whenever I'd cheat I'd say oops the diets over! Now I know it'll never be over and this is something i HAVE to do. ughghg

I'm sending virtual hugs out to all of you. You are the only people that know what this is like!

I had an appt a few days ago but no fill. I go back in a month. I slimed for the first time last night (my fault - I took a huge bite that was hot so I swallowed it without chewing).

Okay that's about it from me. I didn't really know what to say here lately so I've just been reading and not posting.

Pippz - great to hear from you. GREAT Weight loss! I do understand, this is different than any other diet and sometimes it SUCKS not to be able to eat like I used to. Especially bad this week - first week of my BCP. I can't seem to eat enough to not be hungry. BUT that is the plus of the band also! Sorry you are having stress - vent if you need to we will listen!

Stef - Hi to you - thanks for checking in! Glad you are enjoying your time with your husband. I don't have a magic wand - I do have a princess that is "married" to Peter Pan, maybe she can ask him to let you borrow some pixie dust :-).

Have a good night everyone!

Joeygirl, I had Surgery on My 28tyh and I'm in the same boat you are. wEIGHT LOSS IS EXTREMLY SLOW AND RESTRICTION IS NOT THERE. I had a fill today & I'm at 1.65 total cc in a 4cc band. I hope it works. Time will tell. I thought by 3 months I'd be losing better. I just changed my diet ticker and lost 1 # since August 18. Not to impressive.

Good Luck to you,

Sheila

Sheila, We have a lot in common. About the same weight and age. I am about with you on the weight loss in the past few weeks. Maybe it is our age. I think it gets harder once you hit 50. Yeah, it must be age. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

I have been good in the past month with exercising also, so that isn't the problem. I have lost inches when I got weighed and measured at Curves. Sure home this starts to do something soon. I really wish I would feel some restriction. It would help a lot.

Well, at least we are not gaining.

o2bthin I lost 60lbs or so on the pre op diet that I start 12 weeks before being banded, I lost the rest after june 28th. As far as if I needed the band? I think yes because I have lost weight many times is the past (not 100lbs but like 50-60lbs) and I always put it all back on along with a few friend(pounds). I am 26 years old and have lost and gained 5-6 times and I saw a pattern and I wanted the pattern to stop at a low weight. Thats why I feel the band would work best for me. Plus when I read stuff like 97% of people fail at diet and exercise it makes me work the odds in my head. I don't want to fail this time, I hope the band will do it for me.

On another note I am taking off to panama today for 3-4 weeks so I will post when I get back. Keep up withthe hard work everyone.

Should I be worried if I can only eat about 3 bites a meal before I get sick? Is that my "sweet spot?" The place where we are supposed to be? If I only eat 3-4 bites, no sliming or anything. After #4 BLEK! I'm taking a Protein supplement and Vitamin and B12 that my doc recommened and I feel pretty good.

I'm disgusted w/ how much I can eat:faint:

My own willpower is keeping me from going overboard. I had my second fill just over a week ago and it feels like it isn't even there. It was nice and snug when I got it. Can it be gone already? I seriously can not be going back all the time like this.

I want to cry :cry

Ok, I got my 3rd fill yesterday, I now have 2.5cc in a 4cc band. I ate some granola bites right after to make sure, because it's an hour drive, and they went down fine. I had some tortilla Soup from Chilis, yummo, and it went down fine, and then I had a granola bar, fine... My hubby got home from work at midnight with McDonalds, and the smell made me hungry so I reached for some tender beef Jerky bites, the first one went down fine, but the first bite of the second one, OH BOY! I was over the sink for 20-30 minutes in tears, spitting, it was stuck....and I had tried to take a drink to help it down, THAT WAS A NO NO! I finally had to stick my finger down and a bunch of slime came up, very easily I might add (sorry for the visual). I felt much better, but I think there was a little piece still stuck, or it was swollen, because I still had to spit for 15 more minutes. Now this morning I can hardly drink coffee, it is going down slow.... so do you suppose I irritated and made it swell, or do you suppose there is still a little piece of something....I NEVER want to go through that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is good to know that others feel the same way I do, but on the other hand, I truly wish none of us had to feel discouraged.

I had to call the lap band tech (he does the fills) and explained that once in a while I feel a little tight in there but nothing to stop me from eating, EXCEPT ME!

He asks that all the time: "What makes you stop eating when you do if you still feel hungry?" ME! I don't want to hurt anything in there.

You know, I've been thinking why this "diet tool" is so different for me as far as being a success or failure (other than going through surgery).

I came to the conclusion that for years I have been a closet dieter! I start on a diet or diet program like weight watchers or something and never tell my family. So when I blow it, I don't have to be embarrassed. As far as weight watchers goes, I never go back or see those people again. So I guess it's more of a private dissappointment.

But with the band, my whole family knows and I can see them watching me to see how much I eat. The whole thing is too OUT THERE!

Yesterday, I made fahjitas (I can't spell that word) and as we were eating, my skinny butt daughter looked at me and said "Houston, we have a problem!" They all laughed and man did I get PO'd! I scooped up every dish on that table and threw all that food in the trash! They stopped laughing real fast. Too late for them. I asked, how funny was that!

"Now you can all feel like what it is to be hungry in front of good food and not be able to enjoy it like "normal" people. You all had your 3 bites and that's IT!"

Skinny butt and hubby went home hungry, LIKE I CARE, RIGHT?!

My mum always said "He who laughs last, laughs loudest!"

I am in a foul mood and can't seem to pull myself out, which is why I'm writing this. I am hoping it will help me to PURGE my anger. I need to figure out who I'm angry at the most.

Good Lord, my husband just walked up the stairs into the room where I am and handed ME a glass of ice tea! WhatsUpWithThat!

Do you think he noticed I want to run away? Or maybe that I haven't said 2 words to any of them since last night? Maybe he noticed that I've been carrying a knife in my pocket waiting for the next A hole to make another crack. I told them I'll cut out their tongues, just like Thomas Tryon's book Harvest Home! (Betty Davis played in the movie, sooo good!)

Holy shit, he's vacuuming! I'm scared. The hell I am, I'm taking advantage of this! I'm going to start a new quilt! Something for Christmas I think! Yes, that's just what I'm going to do!

OK ladies and gents, I am going to lock myself in the attic (my personal sewing space) and I won't be out until that quilt top is made.

I have a Christmas panel from that new line from Benartex, I think I'll do a round robin all by myself. There have to be quilters in this community, I know YOU know what I'm talkin about!

OMG we can start a new thread Quilting LapBandits aka Loose Threads! Get it? posts.. threads.. No? don't get it?? Well, I thought it was good.

AND IF ANYBODY HAS ANYTHING..... sorry, I forgot where I was.

Geez, this is a long post and I feel like smiling AND the ice tea is good!

See YA later and many thanks.;)

I finally had to stick my finger down and a bunch of slime came up, very easily I might add (sorry for the visual). I felt much better, but I think there was a little piece still stuck, or it was swollen, because I still had to spit for 15 more minutes. Now this morning I can hardly drink coffee, it is going down slow.... so do you suppose I irritated and made it swell, or do you suppose there is still a little piece of something....I NEVER want to go through that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do we have to go through this? I know this whole fat thing is from an inherited gene!

And to the lady who wondered about flatus... "An empty bowel produces gas" Not just foods. So keep something in there.:embarassed:

I hope I don't sound like a prude...but if you're only able to take 3 bites and get sick...you may need to see a doctor. It's not healthy. You body can't get all of the nutrients that it needs and may be holding on to the "bites"...and therefore you're not going to loose weight. (I have no proof...just my theory.)

I wish each of you well....hang in there...we're in this thing together!!!!!

Skinny butt and hubby went home hungry, LIKE I CARE, RIGHT?!

OMG Waters, I am LOLing here! I needed that...keep 'em coming! I think I could be in your shoes except daughter asked me for one more thing for school...insisted rather...and I gathered up every single item of clothing I had purchased and filled up dh's arms twice, and ordered him to put them in my car and told dd there were going back if they had tags on and to the consignment shop if they didn't. I'm on my own last nerve I think.

Your gumption reminds me of Fried Green Tomatoes....TOWANDA!!

I'm a quilter too, only thing is I longarm for customers 24/7 and have to go on retreat to do my own stuff.

BCrazy - I think you definitely irritated it! Stick with liquids today and let the swelling go down. My surgeon says liquids/soft 2 days after a fill.

Lo2us and O2Bthin - I am so sorry you are having so much trouble. I to think too little food is a problem. You should be able to get in more than 2-3 bites. I do get a pain after a couple bites, but if I slow down and wait, I can eat some more and then I get the "stop" feeling after about a 1/2 - 1 cup of food. I definitely have a stop with the solids that I eat. I don't understand why it is so hard to get to the right spot for some people!

Waters - your post made me smile! I am definitely cranky sometimes, because I can't eat what I want! I was not having oatmeal this morning, I wanted eggs and corned beef hash - so that is just what I got, with a piece of sausage and gravy on the top. When I got down stairs to my desk and looked at my plate - OMG it was full, there was no way I can eat this much! Well I did get some in for Breakfast and am having some more now for lunch, but I will end up throwing some away also. Now why should that make me mad? I don't know, I made this choice for myself, but it sure PI**es me off today!

Hi. I am new here. I have been reading posts for a while now, but thought I should finally chime in and "join the community". (Mostly so I can stop feeling like a stalker.) It looks like a lot of you are doing very well. I went for what was supposed to be my first fill appt today. My doc said I was doing well enough that he didn't think I needed a fill. I see where a lot of people have had multiple fills already. Is it normal to not need a fill or should I have pushed him to do it? I feel like he would have done it if I wanted him to, but I want to do what the dr thinks is best. My biggest fear with this is that I will fail.

I'm a quilter too, only thing is I longarm for customers 24/7 and have to go on retreat to do my own stuff.

Me too! I have a gammil optimum, have had it for years. Just closed the quilt shop in December. I'm done with cranky people!

O2bthin. Love that name, wish I would have thought of it!