Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hi Junies!

Like BigBaby, I also had support group meeting last night & it was helpful. The therapist brought some products for us to sample by Kays Naturals (I'm not sure if anyone has posted about these before). They offer Protein chips and cereals. I couldn't try any because I had a fill yesterday but the others in the group said they were good.

existing_products_3.54

Texans, stay dry!!!

Nina

Went to the doc today for second fill. It was most interesting.

First fill was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I felt no pain. I felt nothing when he injected the saline. I received 1 cc in a 4 cc band. I never felt restriction or PBed, slimed, etc. A few things got painfully stuck when I ate too fast or too big a bite, but always passed after a few minutes.

Well, I went in today and had gained a few pounds. **SHOCKING!!** Anyway, I asked him if it were possible my first fill was gone... absorbed... evaporated... whatever... He said it was and he was about to find out. He then stabbed me in my stomach! lol..the first time was a little pinch... this was a BIOTCH!! My port is right there. I feel it so easily. There was no digging involved... he just stabbed the hell outta me! lol... i still love him.

Anyway, he was going to inject me with another 1cc of saline (2 cc total). He stuck the needle in and pulled back... NOTHING!! Every bit of my first fill was gone! I heard him ask for the Omnipac (which shocked me cause he is so by the book..). Anyway, he put 2 ccs of omnipac in me and I FELT IT GO IN THE BAND!! It was freaky!!!

He waited a minute and took it all back out. All 2 ccs came back out. He said if I had a big leak some of it would have already been gone. Nothing to worry about he said. sometimes the first fill disappears. the omnipac should fix it.

I'm on liquids today. I can feel them, but they are passing fine.

The journey begins again tomorrow! I pray for results! I'm desperate!

mjsafari- I agree with you about the problems your husband has been having. I too had a severe case of acid reflux before surgery. I have been on Nexium for about 2 years. I had major problems right after surgery. My Dr had me stop taking my Nexium. Like your husband I would PB if I ate anything heavier than Soup (including eggs), I hadn't even had a fill yet. My GP put me back on the Nexium (3 weeks ago) and I am finally feeling better and ready to go for my first fill since my unfill. I am only PBing if I forget to chew well. My fill is scheduled for 9-7. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can take about 1CC.

Steph How is that possible that you only eat 700 cals and don't lose weight. That is soooo little. I really agree with the starvation theory. There are lots of studies to show that people who starve themselves lose weight more and more slowly as time goes by. One study with Optifast (complete Meal Replacement drink) showed that people drinking that lost more than the other group who were fasting!! Anyway thanks for being such a great poster, I always enjoy you.

QUESTION why can I eat a three course meal no probs and then another time get stuck on a couple of bites of something. Why does it vary so much???

Steph How is that possible that you only eat 700 cals and don't lose weight. That is soooo little. I really agree with the starvation theory. There are lots of studies to show that people who starve themselves lose weight more and more slowly as time goes by. One study with Optifast (complete Meal Replacement drink) showed that people drinking that lost more than the other group who were fasting!! Anyway thanks for being such a great poster, I always enjoy you.

QUESTION why can I eat a three course meal no probs and then another time get stuck on a couple of bites of something. Why does it vary so much???

I hear what you are saying...believe me. But I'm not eating so little, really. I just eat mostly really low cal foods. Grilled salmon and brocolli is dinner a lot of nights! I can't really eat in the mornings, but I always have a protien shake with Benefiber every day for one meal. I snack on Jello, light string cheese, animal crackers, lower-calorie fruits. I just search out the really low cal foods. Thank goodness I LOVE brocolli and brussell sprouts! I EAT, trust me! Self-deprivation has never been my strong suit! :)

Here's a link to my blog on My-Calorie-Counter.com, which has my food journal. hungry.gif

I'd love any feedback if anyone cares to take a look! eek.gif(This week has been the worst week ever, though. My eating was great from surgery up till this week.)

Also, my original goal from surgery until about 2 or 3 weeks ago was 600-800 calories. When the weight loss slowed, someone suggested increasing it, so I went to 900. That broke my plateau and I lost five pounds, then I started to gain, so I just dropped back to 700. I figure if I can keep my body guessing, it won't go into starvation mode!

my-calorie-counter homepage - Stefanie424

(I bet you'd never guess that I'm not much of a talker, huh? LOL I'm really not...but when I don't know something or if I can share something related to learning, I'M ALL OVER IT! And this band is one big question, now isn't it?)

Here's another question. If anyone took a look at my food journal you will see a dramatic change this week...I'm snacking like crazy! I had a fill this morning, so I am not hungry at all, but I'm fighting "head hunger". What do you do for this other than to select smart Snacks? I've never experienced this before in my life! It is making me crazy(er)!

Hey all!

I got my 2nd fill today! I have a 10cc band and last time I got 4cc, today she gave me 2cc for a total of 6cc. I didn't feel any different when Iw as drinking the Water - but I hope I can feel some restriction when I start mushies on Saturday. I can't go back for another fill for 4 weeks. Thats the soonest they do them. I begged the NP today to let me come back in 2 weeks if I don't feel restricted, she said she would take bribes but then if it ended up being over-fills then she was the on call NP and didn't want to have to come back in at 3am. Lol. I really like her. We also discussed head hunger and stuff. Oh, and I had lost 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks. I was wanting more, but I knew that it wouldn't be. I was surprised at the 6! I told her I just go up and down 2 pounds all week long. I'm sick and tired of seeing the same numbers on my scale! SHe told me to quit weighing myself... Hmmm, now THERE is some advise. Haha

OK. I'm worn out.

Goodnight!

GREAT Weight Loss to Pippz and Suzzzzie!!!!! :clap2:

All you guys getting 2 and 3 fills, I am jealous. I will ask my doc about the omnipac, but when i went for my first fill, the nurse said she never heard of using anything else? Maybe I was not asking the right question?

TGIF.... I lost 2 lbs!! I am excited...but still slooooooooooow. :whoo:

Stef we love broccoli and brussell sprouts here too. Do you do anything different to them other than boil or steam them. My kids love them but I think if I give them the same thing every day they will not love them forever.

Stef we love broccoli and brussell sprouts here too. Do you do anything different to them other than boil or steam them. My kids love them but I think if I give them the same thing every day they will not love them forever.

You are so fortunate that your kids will even GO NEAR brussel sprouts! LOL No, I just boil them. Not even added salt. I'm the only one in the house that eats them.

My official weigh-in day is Fridays. I gained 0.6 pounds this week. I can't believe it. Well, time to refocus my eating. I think it is not how much or how little I'm eating, but WHAT I'm eating. I'm dissappointed. <SIGH>

My favorite way to eat brussel sprouts is to lightly drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt in a corning ware dish with lid and microwave for a few minutes, yum... also works with asparagus...

Hey all!

I got my 2nd fill today! I have a 10cc band and last time I got 4cc, today she gave me 2cc for a total of 6cc. I didn't feel any different when Iw as drinking the Water - but I hope I can feel some restriction when I start mushies on Saturday. I can't go back for another fill for 4 weeks. Thats the soonest they do them. I begged the NP today to let me come back in 2 weeks if I don't feel restricted, she said she would take bribes but then if it ended up being over-fills then she was the on call NP and didn't want to have to come back in at 3am. Lol. I really like her. We also discussed head hunger and stuff. Oh, and I had lost 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks. I was wanting more, but I knew that it wouldn't be. I was surprised at the 6! I told her I just go up and down 2 pounds all week long.

Suzzzie, me too! I had only lost 2 pounds this month though...congratulations on the 6!! I yo-yo back and fourth with 3 pounds as well. Hopefully this new fill today will help. I notice I am burping more today than normal. I have 2 cc's now in a 4 cc band.

Gadzooks! I'm on a 4-day diet and am down 8 pounds in 2 days! I'm off carbs, salt (I'm sure a lot of the loss is water), chemicals, additives, sugar, etc. I'm hoping this will get me back on track.

Congrats Suzzzzzie and Pippz!