Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hi Junies, havn't been on for a while as dh fell asleep with laptop on knee an poured a glass of red wine on it!! Glad it wasn't me. I had gastro last weekend and threw up (or tried to) for 4 days, if my band is still in place then it's pretty tough. I did all that and lost 2 lbs, makes me realize how hard it is to lose weight. Get my first fill on Tuesday. CAN'T WAIT. Glad you are all there. Marga

Dan thanks for the update, I guess I was ahead of you! I did experience some twitches of pain after my fill when I jumped up and down at the gym in a class. It was a bit tender. But I have a titled port and she had to move around the needle in there and that may have caused some muscle soreness.

NO RESTRICTION! I was a bit depressed last night. I waited so long for my fill, 7 weeks, when some of you are going for #3, and nothing, I can eat what ever. I had two slices of pizza last night( small pieces from a frozen thing). I did feel full, but I was hoping to get a signal...."NOPE, can't eat this"!!! But it did not happen. I will have to wait now another three weeks for the next one! I feel like I don't have the band... :help:

I know some of you all have had this experience too, I am not giving up, but it is frustrating after going through so much and still not being there!

I am off to the gym this morning for a double class. I will catch up later..

Dan thanks for the update, I guess I was ahead of you! I did experience some twitches of pain after my fill when I jumped up and down at the gym in a class. It was a bit tender. But I have a titled port and she had to move around the needle in there and that may have caused some muscle soreness.

NO RESTRICTION! I was a bit depressed last night. I waited so long for my fill, 7 weeks, when some of you are going for #3, and nothing, I can eat what ever. I had two slices of pizza last night( small pieces from a frozen thing). I did feel full, but I was hoping to get a signal...."NOPE, can't eat this"!!! But it did not happen. I will have to wait now another three weeks for the next one! I feel like I don't have the band... :help:

I know some of you all have had this experience too, I am not giving up, but it is frustrating after going through so much and still not being there!

I know how you feel, I had my first fill last Friday and I don't feel much difference. I can eat more then a cup of food. I can't wait til I have that feeling of being full after eating a small amount of food. My Dr. doesn't do a second fill until 4 weeks after the first.

I will say though that even though I don't have the restriction yet that I am so axiously waiting for I have been eating much healthier and smaller portions.

nvalicia--Have you received a date to have the port repositioned? It's quick---extremely quick---It took the doc 15-20 min. I didn't experience the vomiting (thank God). Are you still experiencing this? I pray all goes well for you!!

I need to call the office to set a date for the port fix. I just have not been feeling well so I didn't get aroung to it. I need to find out if my insurance will cover it, if I need authorization again and so on. I will check everything out on Monday.

I am feeling a little better today. I think I just caught a nasty stomach virus.

Oh the gut-wrenching guilt! I can hardly take it, Java!!!!!

Pass the tortilla chips and the remote! ;)

Toni You make me laugh!!!!

If it makes you and Suzzzie feel any better, my shoulders are killing me and my thighs!!

I did feel full last night when eating spaghetti and turkey/meat sauce. I put about a cup in a bowl and could only eat half. So, maybe my fill has some impact....Yah!

Now if I could not drink wine on the weekend, I would be better toooo!!!

Toni You make me laugh!!!!

If it makes you and Suzzzie feel any better, my shoulders are killing me and my thighs!!

No pain, no gain my friend....and I'm proud of you! :clap2::bounce:

Sorry I've been so quiet lately. I'm to the point where "if you don't have anything nice to say (about the band), don't say anything at all."

Sorry you feel that way, heather. :-( It's really so different for everyone. The girl at work that had her surgery two weeks after mine hasn't lost much and feels no restriction, whereas I was feeling it since day one, but have slowly been losing it.

How's everyone doing with Hair loss? I thought I escaped it, but it's just started coming out more than usual in the shower. eek!

I had a real bad emotional spell last week, and gained some weight (ugh smoothies and sugary crap), but I had a long "talk" with myself and got back on track, and I'm back down to what I was about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I hope you are all doing okay and not going through the emotions I've been having this week!!

Michele

How's everyone doing with their fills?

I had my second fill yesterday, another 2.0 cc. I'm glad I had a week to get the feel of the first one. I lost 5 pounds last week, ate a lot less, but actually never felt restricted. Well yesterday I did. I'm still able to eat anything.....yes, I tried a scone on the ferry, ignoring the liquid diet advice. But I don't know that I'd want to be any more restricted than I am. If I can eat less, that's fine. I already feel a pressure that I'm not fond of. I constantly feel like I need to burp, and I have been burping...rather belching....a lot! Is this happening to any of you too? It started yesterday, it's a constant thing, and abdominal gas too. So, hopefully it's not completely related to the fills, and it will cycle out of my system. What I'm hoping for is just to eat less and feel no different, and that is my fill center's philosophy. When I used to hear about Water trickling down and not being able to eat chicken and having to chew chew chew, it didn't sound very interesting, and now it sounds even worse knowing the way this much fill feels like. I don't know if this is making any sense and I know that everyone's experiences are different.

Just to share about today....the two ladies that work the clinic I go to Northwest Fill Management providing affordable lap-band fills for weight loss are an absolute kick. The ARNP and her PA. We end up almost getting in trouble talking too long. Today, they gave me credit for my fill and I am going to trade quilting...I have a longarm quilting business, and yes both of them are quilters too. How funny is that? We once again had trouble getting to my port, I kept insisting it was under the scar tissue of my largest incision. I literally bent over backwards to lay on the table.....dh was pinching the port between his fingers telling them "don't lose it don't lose it!!" Finally they got it. They are convinced they must get me to the point of desperation for my body to tense enough to get the port up. LOL

How's everyone doing with Hair loss? I thought I escaped it, but it's just started coming out more than usual in the shower. eek!

I haven't lost any significant hair yet, but I expect to anywhere from 3-6 mos. out.....ah, so much to look forward to! :)

Sorry you feel that way, heather. :-( It's really so different for everyone. The girl at work that had her surgery two weeks after mine hasn't lost much and feels no restriction, whereas I was feeling it since day one, but have slowly been losing it.

I had a real bad emotional spell last week, and gained some weight (ugh smoothies and sugary crap), but I had a long "talk" with myself and got back on track, and I'm back down to what I was about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I hope you are all doing okay and not going through the emotions I've been having this week!!

Michele

Hey Michele, don't worry too much about the emotional eating. I figure we've done it all our lives, the spell cannot be broken overnight.

I've had a time here too. Friday and Saturday were all about the bad foods. Not as much as I used to eat, because I do have some restriction, but still. I am up four pounds today. And I've felt sick today... I'm sure its cause of the bad eating. I haven't eaten hardly anything at all today.

And hairloss. I have very thick hair... and I've always been a 'shedder' but I have noticed that I'm losing more than usual. I'm pretty vain when it comes to my hair, so I don't know what I'm going to do if it becomes visibly thin?!?! I swear I will go out and buy a wig or something. I can't live bald! Lol.

Well I wasn't worried about Hair loss because I've got lots..... BUT I am developing a bald spot right at the front in the middle. Pretty soon i'm going to have to do a Donald Trump combover. #$%*&^ now I'm fat AND bald!!!!!:faint: