Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hi, everyone! I will be banded tomorrow and am really excited. I can't tell you all how much you have helped me get mentally prepared with all your posts. I'm sure I'll be logging in the next few days with questions and hope that soon I'll be able to be of support to others.

Stefanie, I have followed your posts carefully as we have the same doctor - glad to hear things went well with your check-up visit.

Good night (hope I get some sleep!)

Good luck tomorrow, LadyHR! Isn't Dr. Marsden great? I assume you are in the HEB area? I'm guessing your screen name is your profession? I was in HR/Operations for many years, too! Send me a message when you are on next to let me know how things went!

Hi all-

I am 10 days post op and have a few ?'s..................sorry if TMI, but my pee color has turned a real darker yellow almost orange...........I feel like I drink a ton of water/crystal light (much more than before surgery when I drank a bunch of soda)............shouldn't the pee be clearer?

And my bandages are finally off and so are steri=strips. I am left with the "stickiness" gooey stuff on my skin-scrubbing it does not get it off for me? What did you guys use? I feel so dirty!

Baby oil gets the sticky stuff off pretty good...

I took 9 days off work and needed a couple more. I'm fine now though after my first 5 day week, though I feel a little weak and tired and couldn't work as effectively as usual. Everyone is different. I don't think I ventured outside until day 5.

TMC- for you info, there are 3 men on this thread (maybe more, it's hard to tell from usernames). Heck, I could be a bloke for all you guys know. The other two are BigSexy and CaptainDanbo.

I hope all the lurkers/rare posters are doing fine with their banding/pre-op. Not much left of June now. We'll all be banded shortly and dealing with 'bandster hell' and fills and mushies and slippage paranoia and whingeing that we haven't lost enough.

I can honestly say that I'm feeling fine now, so for those that aren't, you will soon. Just wait it out. I am staying away from the scales (took 'em out of the house) to keep me sane. I think I will just be weighed at the doctor's until I have good restriction.

TT - I really like how you address everyone individually. I can't find the time to do that these days.

Welcome back Holli - you posted so quickly. Something tells me you are going to out-lose all of us.

LadyHR - good luck and report back as soon as you are comfortable.

So, anyone had a fill yet? Who's first up? Mine's not till July 5. Maybe Stef is first?

Quadmom: Have you bee taking a Multivitamin? I know once I started taking them a few years ago mine was a bright green/yellow.

bigbaby: I like to use fitday.com to log my cal intake I have not look at that one you are talking about I will look at it here in a while. I know fitday is free and really simple.

TMC: It's nice to see another male in here I thought I was the only one, I did not know BigSexy was also.

I am doing good with my pre op diet. I am down 55lbs so far and I think it's still droping. I have less than one week to go. I was wondering how everyone deals with their sleep. I was told it will be hard to sleep in a norm bed because of being flat on the bed. I do not own a lazy boy but some people tell me to go buy one. What does everyone think?

I had my surgery in Nashville on June 12. Thankfully, I have had no complications. I lost 39 pounds in the pre-op period. I think I have lost some more after surgery. I am still in that stage where I don't get as hungry as before the operation.

My best to all of you.

Terry (By the way I am a man. Back when I was named in 1949, girls weren't named Terry)

Welcome Terry! BTW, I went to high School witha male Terry. :) AND I'M NOT THAT OLD! Hahahaa!

Welcome Terry! My eyes jumped when I saw your screenname...those are my initials, too!

Holy crow on your weight loss.....Men, hurumph! Y'all lose it soooooo fast! :) Seriously, though....way to go!!!!!

Cheers,

Toni <------ knows male Terrys! and BTW, I'm a female. Back in the 60's when I was named, my mom lost her head and named me after a hair product! :biggrin1:

Toni - Seriously? you're named after a hair product? Haha. I was named after Suzanne Somers. My Aunt that you remind me of (Phyllis) was named after the labor/delivery nurse when my Grandma went in to have her. Lol! So funny how people come up with names!

OK... Im going back to work this morning! It will be a better day cause all I'm doing is passing meds until noon when I leave to go to the doc for my post op visit. :) I'm sooo looking forward to leaving at noon. :)

By the way, I figured it up last night and my calories have only been around 500 - 600 a day since starting full liquids. It was around 200 when I was on Clear Liquids. Ugh. I still don't get hungry, but did have a FF pudding last night just cause I 'wanted' something.

Pippz....your weight loss is amazing! Way to go! What's your secret?!?

I think it's just because I have a lot to lose! Also carbs have a horrible weight-gaining effect on me, so once I drop those I usually lose it fairly quickly. Now the key is to stay away from them!!

Hey how is everyone? Looks like most of you are busy busy! I am doing pretty good so far today! Yesterday wasn't good at all! I had a horrible headache and nausea the entire day didn't want ANYTHING but water! I did make my self eat some Jello and then FINALLY about 10pm I had the broth off of ramen noodles MMMMMMMMM 1000% better than just chicken broth! I had been wanting sprite and crackers cause that is what always takes care of my nausea but I didn't! At one point yesterday I dry heaved about 5-6 times NOT fun at all!! It was my fault though I was trying to "hurry" and get some yucky med's down and a drink of Water after that and that's what set me off!! The left side of my abdomen is what is killing me and has been since I woke up in recovery! I can't imagine being able to get out and about today!! The Dr said for me not to drive until the 22nd I was like your kidding right? There is no way my family will let me drive probably for the next week!!!

Welcome Terry! BTW, I went to high School witha male Terry. ;) AND I'M NOT THAT OLD! Hahahaa!

Toni - Seriously? you're named after a hair product? Haha. I was named after Suzanne Somers. My Aunt that you remind me of (Phyllis) was named after the labor/delivery nurse when my Grandma went in to have her. Lol! So funny how people come up with names!

I love that story about Aunt Phyllis, Suzzzie! My mom did the same thing: after having two girls, going into labor with her third child she told the Dr., if you give me a boy, I'll name him after you---well, it was a boy. My sister and I have "T" names, and he was supposed, to, too....but she named him John after the doctor! :biggrin1:

Does anyone remember Toni home hair perms? I think they still make them. Insub, I do have too much time on my hands because I found this on Wikipedia this morning: A number of brands of home permanent kits are available, but their numbers have decreased as permanent waves are not as popular as they were in the 1980s. The first popular home permanent was the Toni brand. The Toni company used a set of twins to advertise their products — one with a salon perm and one with the home perm.

319585.jpg

Tee Hee Hee!

Anyway, Miss Suzzzie....I hope that your day at work went smoothly and painless!!!!! Gotta love those half-days! Hooray! :clap2:

Speaking of Hooray.....GET OUT CAP'N DANBO with all your weight loss! I just can't get over you, Pippz, MM, and more.....you all are just JIVIN' the SCALES! Pippz...you need to teach me how to give up the carbos! (Personally, I'm on Insub's side...scales be darned!) But I can't get over the 54 pounds BEFORE banding. Holy smokes! I guess logging calories like you and BB do is for LOSERS!!!!!! :)

Best Wishes Lady HR if you see this!!!! Let us know how you are doing when you are up to it!

QuadMom....I don't know what's up with the dark pee. :cry I'm like you....I feel like I drink more than I used to pre-op, but I still don't think I'm drinking enough. I think Marylou had some Water intake concerns, too. Let's just try to step it up! <like you have time to drink more!>

Good Morning Jackie & Java and all the other J's and letters of the Alphabet!!

Hugs,

Toni

Well today is the day i'm of to band land my best friend and i are getting it done to day i'm at 12:30 she is at 2:30 how exciting wow one journey almost done 2nd journey just starting.

Juliann--you and your best friend will do fine. You're in God's hands. Get well and post soon and let us know how you're doing.

Cpt. Danbo--I am not having problems sleeping in a regular bed. I was banded on Monday 18th and had to sleep on my side. By Wednesday, I was using a soft pillow (made by volunteers at the hospital) to sleep on my stomach. The most difficult part was getting in and out of bed. I felt like a whale on my back--rocking from side to side and trying to grip the sides of the mattress to pull my self up--I'm sure I looked funny too!!

I was wondering how everyone deals with their sleep. I was told it will be hard to sleep in a norm bed because of being flat on the bed. I do not own a lazy boy but some people tell me to go buy one. What does everyone think?

I was worried, too, Cap'n before I got banded because I didn't have a recliner. I made it just fine, and even climbed the stairs my first night. You just have to find the "right spot" in bed to be comfy, and put the Lobtab bedside....I did, anyhow!!!

But hey....if you can swing it, why not get a new recliner?!?!? :) You have EARNED that luxury already!!!!

Cheers!

Toni

Captain Danbo -- I didn't have any problems sleeping in my bed. I wasn't able to sleep on my left side for about a week (that's where the port is) but I was fine on my back and my right side. I don't have a recliner and really didn't want to get one (I collect mid-century modern furniture, so, although recliners ARE incredibly comfortable, I don't think it would have worked very well with my decor :)). Good luck!

Hey just thought I would brag a lil bit and let you all know that I don't have ANY bandages!! None zip zilch! ;-) I am allergic to the op site bandaging and to silk tape soooooo they just used the durabond stuff on me! It feels kinda odd having 6 incisions and NO bandages! I am having big time muscle spasms in my back and it is KILLING me! I dunno if I'm keeping them tight to compensate the abdomen pain or what but whew it sure hurts! Has any one else had this?