Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No need to explain yourself, I hope all is well!

I have my first shift next Wednesday :) and then I finish my course on that Friday and they'll tell me my days and stuff. I'm pretty sure I'll start full time next month, preparing for busy Christmas!

My clothes are getting looser so that's telling me something :) and I saw my mum the other day she told my face looks thinner. My face is definitely changing haha not so chubby cheeks anymore. Still there but much less. I'm getting my haircut tomorrow, can't wait to chop it off!

Yeah everyone has disappeared from the forum haha

It will be a new you....don't you love it when you can feel it in your clothes :D

I have thought about doing dog grooming....is it hard work physically??

One of my close friends does it and she makes it look easy!!! :rolleyes:

I did it :)

post-194291-0-74794500-1408515806_thumb.png

As for dog grooming being hard, not really.. I sit instead of stand at tafe and it's easier on my back. Lack of exercise wouldn't help my back that's for sure!

I know I have to stand at the new job so hopefully that's ok.

You pick it up easy, apparently I need more attention to detail.. But I'm still learning. It's fun anyway! I'd rather work with dogs than people any day that's for sure

wow your haircut looks great...you got heaps chopped off!!!!

Where did you do your course for dog grooming and do you mind me asking how much it was??

It's a 6 week course at box hill tafe, and it was $1,600 with concession.

I was doing a course, level 1 dog grooming, at box hill tafe. It was $1,050 for I think 5 days.. so crazy expensive. Then the teacher told me about the certificate III in dog grooming they do there. It cost me $1,600 and it goes for 6 weeks. So much better than doing the level 1, 2 and 3.. costing like 3 grand.. and you don't even get that much hands on.

I'm only doing the 6 week practial part of the course too, so if you choose to the whole course it'll cost more but you don't really need it.

Edited by nerms

Hi guys,

sorry I've been AWOL but I've been super busy with uni and working in the evenings that I don't have a chance to sit down and catch up with all the things I want to.

Congrats on the job @@nerms and the course progress :) super happy for you! Also, your haircut looks amazing you did have a heap chopped off!

@@steveelea how are you oh 'guru in training'? ;) hows things after your healing? what do you get done?

@@Bellarose100 been thinking of you. How are you going this week?

How you finding life post op @@Saltydog? still a little easier than expected?

How's your world treating you @@chez? Did you start walking like you wanted?

So I'm 25kgs down officially in 9 weeks and I'm feeling awesome! :D When I say outloud that's 'a quarter of what I want to lose' the hairs on the back of my neck prickle! I'm pumped. I've started walking as far as I can whenever I can and Thursdays I walk to uni (5.3km) and maybe tomorrow I'll also walk home. A colleague at work has challenged me to climb the stairs 3 levels instead of using the lift to get to work as well as using the stairs for my whole shift. I did it tonight, there was quite some recover time but everyone was super ace and I liked how it felt actually. I'm getting my hair chopped off this weekend and can't decide on a colour! Will pop a picture up as well as put up a shot of me from the beginning of this year and then one from this weekend when I visit my family.

food wise I'm on soft diet now and it's good. I still can't stomach the red meats but I'm in love with chicken and shaved ham as well as haloumi and my yoghurt suckers among other things. I'm having salmon on friday night which will be great (I hope) but if not I have back up plans... probably some dahl and shredded chicken breast. I'm having more fun playing with foods and experimenting with Proteins but I'm still tracking everything in my fitness pal to make sure I'm kind of on track.

Did we end up organising that catch up? I can come down to Melbourne most Saturday mornings (closer to lunch as I'm coming from Ballarat)

So that's all from me

chat soon... Cath :)

@@Cath Three Birches.....You must be feeling so much better to have lost that weight already. Your going great guns walking 5k. I wish I could do that lol

I need to get more motivated with moving more...(try saying that 5 times fast haha)

I wondered what you were meaning with guru in training then I saw it under my name....I have never looked at them before.

Cant wait to see a photo of your new doo :D

@@nerms that price was really good. I might have to enquire about it.

So if you don't finish the other sections in the course do you still get the certificate??

Yep, it's considered a short course without doing the other parts. I'm not sure what the certificate actually is, but I will get one.. I finish next week so I'll let you know.

The next course starts in October, and then again at the start of the year.

Thanks so much for the info @@nerms

I'm unsure of the path I want to take at this stage but I have always had something to do with animals, so to continue with that just feels right.....Not sure how I would go with all the back muscles you have to use lol

I weighed in today after a while of not weighing and I am down to 108.5kg

Getting so much closer to my next goat of being under the 100kg's......I hope to be under that by Summer :blink: :D

Getting to under 100kg....even if it's 99.9 I don't care. It will be the first time in 20 years that I have ever seen the scales in double figures!!!!

I Can't Wait :D

Do whatever makes you happy :) I'm probably gonna go into further study next year and see where it takes me, all animal related of course :D

As for 108.5kg, go you! You're doing well! I haven't weighed myself since surgery :/ I'd love to know how much I weigh! You'll definitely make it by summer though :)

@@nerms thank you..... I feel pretty good about it all but just get impatient....glad the weight is dropping again though...yay

When do you go back for your post check up?? They will weigh you then wont they??

@@steveelea about 2 more weeks until I see the surgeon and get a fill.

I got batteries for my scales and weighed myself, only to see that not even 100g has come off .. hahah crazy. It sucks because I'm in a group with all these other people that were banded either the same day as me or a couple days before/after. They've all lost around 10kgs so far.. sucks for me.

I am happy that I'm not 104 anymore, weight isn't coming on so that's a positive. I wasn't really expecting weight loss until I got a fill, but I thought the plication would somehow help, as the surgeon said it would "boost" my weight loss.

I'm gonna try shakes again today for a week but with milk not Water and see if that tastes better and kick starts anything... It's just weird because I know my clothes are looser and my ass isn't as big. I haven't been exercising yet so muscle gain can't be a factor.. Using 3 different scales doesn't help either. When I went for sugery I was 88.7 or something then at the hospital they weighed me and I was 90.9 according to them, then I used my normal scales instead of the wii cos my wii is stuffed and it tells me I'm 88.8.

I'm just gonna stick to these scales from now and they'll tell me if I'm losing or not.

Overall I'm satisfied with a 15kg loss in only a few months.. better than a gain that's for sure. I'm not comparing myself to others, I know everyone loses at a different rate, but jeez it'd be cool to be in their shoes and drop 10kg in a month!

Edited by nerms

I know @@nerms its so hard but hang in there.....I weigh kilo's difference on different scales.

Could just be that.

Did you weigh in at your surgeons office before surgery??

And your right don't compare to others....I tend to do that and I am a slow loser and it does get me down but I then think well it's better to stay the same than gain!!

The last time I weighed at the surgeons office was 2 months before surgery.

Pulled my socks up, been walking for the passed 5 days for about an hour, and got my ass in the gym today. scales have moved, so I'm happy. Just needed to get moving, I feel so much better for it too.

Yay me :)