Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just counting down the days, 2 weeks to preop :)

Hey Leanne, it was Bee who didn't have the drain tube. I had the drain. Fun times Lol I hope your friend recovers quickly. X

Good on you got not focussing in the scales. It just messes with your head. I've been jumping on and now I'm trying to resist it.

Good luck Nerms. The two weeks will fly.

Hope all are well ????

Ok so it must be Chris their surgeon that does not use a drainage tube....wonder why??

The other surgeons in the lap surgery group both do the drainage tube every surgery and they all operate together...there is always 2 of them doing any 1 surgery.....The other 2 are founding surgeons of the group and have been running the place for years and Chris joined them more recently......guess he just has a different way of doing it.

@@nerms wow thats gone so fast.......so it's 1 month till surgery??

Hope works going ok Chez and your not getting too worn out........I so want to start working again but it's been so long for me because I have been a stay at home mum for a long time so its so hard to even begin to try to get back into the work force.

I wouldn't even know how to write a resume :blush: :unsure:

I need to do something though to keep me busy.....and not gonna lie I need the money too!!!!

Hey Sexy Sleevers and Banders !!!!!

Sorry i have been AWOL for a a while! i just cant believe how fast time has gone!!!! 2mrw will be 2months since being sleeved!!!!! so far im about 30 kg down so im pretty happy double digits are so close i can taste it (but just a small taste cause then i get full)

I've been reading everyones stories and you guys are doing so well!

Chezzy Baby you can really see the difference in your face :) how are you feeling?

Leanne i didnt have a drain either so i was very happy i was sleeved by Hensman

Oh and that hairloss omg its comming out in like chunks mannnn you can see my scalp its aweful ill try that hair skin and nails and i read nioxin is supposed to be good?

i like having short hair anyway so i might be due for a chop chop lol!

how did everyone go on the weekend?

So i have been a bit cheeky....Ive tasted a mouthful of sweets so kill me right hahaha and it was sooo sweet but anyway no dramas there im following the 80 -20 rule eat healthy 80% i think well i eat healthy 95% so careful with what goes in

have you guys seen the egg whites mxture you can buy? i live off that hahaahah oh and chicken im gonna lay an egg one of these days!

Also its Ramadan which means fasting time for Bee!!!! very tough working in call center and fasting...... but oh well....gotta do it!

Anyways hope you guys are all doing well

cant wait to catch up with you all soon!!!

Oh and Nerms i cant believe how quickly the time has gone and your due for your band how u feeling bebe?

Exams are over and I can now put all my focus on my surgery and prep for that which is excellent! Think I did ok at Uni this semester even with the distractions I've had. Distinction to High Distinction for my classes... just waiting on exam results now.

@@QueenBeeBee well done on your weight loss Bee. That's excellent and so quick. Let me know how you go with nioxin for the hair loss... I'm super in love with my hair and will be doing everything to avoid losing it. I'm very curious about portions after the op... I'm looking forward to eating much less and actually feeling full.

I'm having my sleeve done in 17 days now... I'm nervous and super excited and got new pjs and pedicure this weekend (thanks mum) but at the moment all that is under a level of stress as I only have 1 pay before then and I'm struggling to find the money to finish paying for it! Wish me luck and send me a leprechaun folks!

@@nerms good luck with pre-op ... not long now.

@@steveelea & everyone really... did you see the doco on SBS last night about obesity in UK... was fascinating. I saw a laparoscopic procedure being done... so now have some idea what they'll do to me I think... though this procedure was bypass not sleeve but still the poking and exploring is all the same.

@@chez how's things at your end?

Day 12 of pre-op diet (my surgeon wanted me to have 4 weeks) it's ok... I'm not hungry and I feel very in control but I'm getting bored with the veg and shakes and have unfortunately gotten a bit bound up though the benefibre is sorting that out now! ;)

Hope you're all well. I'm off to do some knitting and cheer up lol...

Have a great week all!

Cath

@@steveelea If you have the newest version of word on your pc they have templates for resumes that you can use to create a resume for yourself based on your experience. It's all laid out for you just add your details and remove the lines you don't need. I'm a bit of a techy so yeah!

Good luck with resume! :) Cath

Hey Bee glad to hear your going well......wow you have been strong with only a spoon full of sweets.....I wish I was that strong.

I am finding now 4 months out I can eat a more decent amount and at first I was worried but now I am happy about it.

Because I had the band first I was never going to get the first time sleevers teeny stomach but I am on about 1/2 to 3/4 cup per meal now so thats what they expected me to be at.

I am down 25kg's now so happy with the results......I know if I cut out the snacking and drinking when I go out on weekends I would be better off but I can't give up everything ;) I need to be more active as when I am I am not thinking about food but I do have to remind myself to eat when I am busy. When I am busy, I am not hungry.

Night time is my worst time :unsure:

I need to practice my smaller bite sizes more as I tend not to take the tiny bites you are supposed to.....think thats because I forget??

When I had the band you had to take teeny mouthfulls or it would hurt when it got stuck but with the sleeve you don't have that feeling (well at least I don't) so I need to be stricter on myself.

@ No I didn't see that show last night which is a shame....do you know what it was called?

Thanks for the info on the resume's.....I have found some templates but I don't know what to write and how to write it all.

I start one then give up because it gets too hard.

I have so many years of work history but it was so long ago that I don't have contact numbers or references.

When I resigned from Telstra they didn't even give me anything like a reference etc so I don't even know who to put down as a contact referee??

It all seems so hard :blush:

Edited by steveelea

I've just reconnected with my dad and I've seen him twice in the last week and I'm going back on Sunday. His making a special dish on Sunday and I told him that's the last day I'll eat his food because I'm making myself start preop a week early cos of his damn food and force feeding! I put a normal amount of food on my plate, MORE MORE, SECONDS! I put salad as my seconds, NO NO RICE! ... omg seriously!!! I just feel gross and I'm scared to check the scales! I know whatever I put on will come off within my now 3 week preop hahah. Bloody turks!

So now, after Sunday, I have the preop as an excuse to not eat his food!

@@QueenBeeBee I hope ramadan goes quickly for you! Beware the wrath of bayram/eid!

@@steveelea here is the link to the video on the obesity doco on SBS on demand. :)

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/28413507570/The-Truth-About-Fat

Hey guys. I'm in a bit of pain at the moment. I'm waiting to see a surgeon to make sure I'm ok. Freaked out a bit. I'm sure it's not a leak but I'm worried I have gallstones. Fingers crossed all is ok. I'll let you know how I go. Xx

OMG Chez are you ok??

Are you at the hospital??

Thanks @ will watch that

@@Chez hoping you are ok and it's just gallstones. Thinking of you. I'm lucky my surgeon booked me for lap chole and sleeve all at once. Feel better :)

Hey Cath and Leanne. All is good no leak. I strained my stomach muscles. I feel a but silly but the surgeon said I did the right thing by seeing him. I feel so much better and have been sleeping loads.

Thats great Chez and don't feel silly....better safe than sorry.

@ whats a Lap Chole and why is he doing that when he does the sleeve??