Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FillCenters USA in Farmington, MO??

I am looking for alternative to going down to TJ for fills... Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with the FillCenter in Farmington, MO??

I heard that they use Flouro for the fills, and I like that. I will NOT get a blind fill!

Hi, I have heard of it, but haven't been there yet. I was wondering how good they are. Did you know about Dr. Glascock in Waterloo? I think I might go there. He's pretty pricey, but so is the fillcenter.

Let me know if you try one of these, please!

Donna

The last time I looked on Fill Centers USA's Website, that location was no longer listed.

I've had fills with flouro and fills without and they both went very well.

It's still there. I even spoke to them last week. They do fills with flouro, but you HAVE to pay an extra $295 for the hospital X-ray etc. It costs a FORTUNE to get a fill here in the US after going to MX! DANGIT!

Donna

I live in Missouri, but, I don't know where Farmington is. I live in Springfield. Does it cost more to get fills, just because you went to Mexico?? Or is it just plain expensive for everyone??

I have not had my first fill yet, but it is scheduled for May 17-07. I see (Springfield MO), St.John's Physicians and clinics, Dr. Christopher Edwards and his office staff. My first year and fills are covered with my self pay package deal... but after that I'm on my own. His office uses flouro- always. Good luck with your search.. and if Springfield is a better alternative than TJ, I have heard him mention other patients that he has from Mexico banding.

Hi, I have heard of it, but haven't been there yet. I was wondering how good they are. Did you know about Dr. Glascock in Waterloo? I think I might go there. He's pretty pricey, but so is the fillcenter.

Let me know if you try one of these, please!

Donna

Dr. Glascock charges nearly $700 for your first fill with them.. That is WAY too much for my budget!

We've used Farmington, MO. It was okay. We found a doctor that does fills in Batesville, AR. Dr. John Lambert. My daughter and I had surgery in Mexico and he accepts patients that did not have surgery with him. He just asks for a surgery report.

Sandra

Dr. Glascock charges nearly $700 for your first fill with them.. That is WAY too much for my budget!

Hi Lynn,

Good to see you again! $700 is RIDICULOUS isn't it??? Are you going back to MX everytime then, or have you found another doctor? If you have, PLEASE share!! I'm stuck...I'm SO ready to get a fill, but don't know WHERE to go!

Let me know how you're doing!

Donna

I live in Missouri, but, I don't know where Farmington is. I live in Springfield. Does it cost more to get fills, just because you went to Mexico?? Or is it just plain expensive for everyone??

I have not had my first fill yet, but it is scheduled for May 17-07. I see (Springfield MO), St.John's Physicians and clinics, Dr. Christopher Edwards and his office staff. My first year and fills are covered with my self pay package deal... but after that I'm on my own. His office uses flouro- always. Good luck with your search.. and if Springfield is a better alternative than TJ, I have heard him mention other patients that he has from Mexico banding.

Hello Maziemommy,

Farmington is just outside St. Louis. Between St. Louis, and Cape Girardeau, if you know where that is. I live in Iowa, but I have family in TN. I would have never known where Farmington was, if it hadn't been for passing by, on the way home.

I'm going to check the distance on Springfield. Could you send me some info about your doctor? sparks2n2@yahoo.com

Thanks

Donna

Hi Lynn,

Good to see you again! $700 is RIDICULOUS isn't it??? Are you going back to MX everytime then, or have you found another doctor? If you have, PLEASE share!! I'm stuck...I'm SO ready to get a fill, but don't know WHERE to go!

Let me know how you're doing!

Donna

I have gone back to TJ for two fills... I am still looking for someone locally to do fills at a reasonable price. There is a clinic in Peoria (maybe 2 hours from where you are) that I contacted yesterday to see if they would take me for fills, have not heard back yet.

If I do not find some one in the next month or so, I will probaby head back down to TJ for another fill....

Sparkette- Springfield is about 200 miles or so from Farmington. I guess I am a little confused... are you in Farmington? Iowa?

My doctor is a surgeon with Mercy/St. John's in Springfield Missouri (lower left area of Missouri, on the map). His name is Dr. Christopher Edwards. They do all fills under flouro. I had my surgery on 4-2-07 and am very ready for my first fill! (scheduled 5-17-07) The office number is 417-820-3800 (Rita does all of his patient fills on Thursdays) and is located at ...1965 S. Fremont ave. .....zip I think is like... 65807 ???? Maybe the address will help with "map quest" or some other search. The building is located next to Mercy/St. John's Hospital.

Are you saying that you would go all the way back to Mexico for fills??? That must cost a bundle just for travel???? How much is travel, and a fill in Mexico? And why is it so expensive, to get a fill here, after surgery there?? I am just very surprised that you are willing/and need to travel so far, and to such expense for a fill.

If you need or want anymore info. just ask or Private Message me.GOOD LUCK.

Sparkette- Springfield is about 200 miles or so from Farmington. I guess I am a little confused... are you in Farmington? Iowa?

My doctor is a surgeon with Mercy/St. John's in Springfield Missouri (lower left area of Missouri, on the map). His name is Dr. Christopher Edwards. They do all fills under flouro. I had my surgery on 4-2-07 and am very ready for my first fill! (scheduled 5-17-07) The office number is 417-820-3800 (Rita does all of his patient fills on Thursdays) and is located at ...1965 S. Fremont ave. .....zip I think is like... 65807 ???? Maybe the address will help with "map quest" or some other search. The building is located next to Mercy/St. John's Hospital.

Are you saying that you would go all the way back to Mexico for fills??? That must cost a bundle just for travel???? How much is travel, and a fill in Mexico? And why is it so expensive, to get a fill here, after surgery there?? I am just very surprised that you are willing/and need to travel so far, and to such expense for a fill.

If you need or want anymore info. just ask or Private Message me.GOOD LUCK.

Maziemommy- I live in Iowa. I used to live in Tennessee. Farmington, MO is between the two, so when I go back to TN to visit, I pass through it. That is how I knew where it was.

Generally, most doctors in the US will not do fills for patients who have had surgery in Mexico. Sad...but true! Most MX docs include free fills in their surgery package deal, so if I bought a round trip ticket to Tijuana, MX ($200 at the MOST) then it would be MUCH cheaper to fly back to MX for a fill.

There is a doctor about 100 miles from me that has agreed to do my fills. However, my first consult/fill will cost $700. Each fill after that will be $405. So, add the cost of gas to drive there, and it's WAY MORE EXPENSIVE to get a fill in the US. The cheapest I have found here was $250, and that is 120 miles away...WITHOUT FLUORO.

It's really exasperating. I'm thinking Springfield would be too far away from here.

Maziemommy- I just looked up Springfield. It would be 409 miles from me. Also, I called the clinic just to see how much it would cost, this is what they said...

First consult: $284

The Fill: $250

With fluoro add: $108

So, if I went there it would cost $642 total. Thanks anyway. It's just expensive everywhere if you are self pay. It stinks, but that's life! LOL

Donna