Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 20th surgeries out there?

Heavyweight :360

CW: 304

Surgery Date 5/28/2014

No issues at all, super glad I did this. I can eat anything now, even a chocolate bar, however I choose to eat healthy 99% of the time. If I do eat a chocolate bar or something, I eat it in moderation and still hit all my calorie/protein goals for the day. I haven't had a soda since surgery and any sort of bread/pasta is tough on me.

I'm doing well. I've lost 13kgs, which is a bit slow for my liking, but that's why I never lost weight in the past; I would get so impatient and give up because I wasn't where I wanted to be within a month of starting a diet!

I can eat most things, just not a lot of it. bread doesn't sit well with me, but I have times where I crave a sandwich. I used to be a carb hound, and still battle the demons. I have the sandwich, but just don't get the emotional hit I used to with it. That's a good thing, I just need to fight that feeling 'I need bread' feeling!

I don't regret the decision for a minute, it's just learning to live with a stomach the size of a banana that is the issue at the moment. I have no doubts that this time next year, all will be good.

Heavyweight :360 CW: 304 Surgery Date 5/28/2014 No issues at all, super glad I did this. I can eat anything now, even a chocolate bar, however I choose to eat healthy 99% of the time. If I do eat a chocolate bar or something, I eat it in moderation and still hit all my calorie/protein goals for the day. I haven't had a soda since surgery and any sort of bread/pasta is tough on me.

Wow! And down 55 lbs! Good for you!

I was sleeved on 5/21. No regrets! I've had a few stalls here and there but progress has been steady. At surgery I was 260 and my current weight is 221. I was doing really with my walking everyday but have fallen off these last few weeks as things have gotten busy but really want to make it a priority. I still have an issue with acid reflex but as long as I'm diligent about taking Prilosec I seem to do fine.

I have a birthday coming tomorrow that will be the 3 month mark. Short 1 day :). Anyway I'm gonna find a scale tomorrow and hope to get a pleasant surprise. I still feel pretty good but l am not having as many wow I can do that now moments. Maybe I'm just adjusting but I hope I'm still losing.

Hope everyone is doing well on their journey! I am down 66 lbs from surgery, 75 overall.

Feeling great!

Hope everyone is doing well on their journey! I am down 66 lbs from surgery, 75 overall. Feeling great!

Congrats!! When was ur date? I was 5/28 an I'm 60lbs down from day of surgery;)

Hit the 50 pound mark today and 2 pounds to ONEderland! COngrats everyone! We're doing this! Doesn't it feel great!

Congrats!! When was ur date? I was 5/28 an I'm 60lbs down from day of surgery;)

Congrats to you as well:) my surgery was 5/20.

Still a long way to go... My SW was 296 CW 230 but feeling great, people are finally noticing, and the clothes are falling off!!

Best decision I made, only wish I did it sooner!

Hit the 50 pound mark today and 2 pounds to ONEderland! COngrats everyone! We're doing this! Doesn't it feel great!

Awesome news!!! Good for you! So close to onederland is a wonderful thing:)

Congratulation to all of you with your great success story's of the weight loss . I was may 30 I know last month I was 51 pounds lighter . I have not weighed my self , I use to but I got obsessive with it and depression if I did not drop lol so I stopped weighing my self and now I just wait to go in to the dr . My next weigh in is oct7 .

post-218935-0-71354300-1409438652_thumb.jpg

My face book is cabbiekevin@facebook.com

Or boccob28@yahoo.com if you want to add me

post-218935-0-11710300-1409438600_thumb.jpg

post-218935-0-27508000-1409438614_thumb.jpg

I was also sleeved on May 20th and know without a doubt that this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. My family, coworkers, friends and everyone else are also benefitting from a more energetic, more positive me. I started at 251 lb and am now down 55 lbs at 196. It was a fantastic coincidence that I crossed over into ONE-derland exactly on my 3-month surgiversary, and I cried when I saw that number that I haven't seen in over a decade.

I have been pretty open about my procedure, particularly when I talk to someone who is also obese and I can see the pain in their eyes that tells me they are really desparate. Since my surgery, 2 good friends have had the surgery and another has a surgical consult scheduled.

I have lost a ton of inches as well and am fitting into large T-shirts and size 14-16 pants. I don't have anything smaller than 14-16 into my closet, so I'll have to go shopping pretty soon. Up until now, I've been able to "shop in my closet" and have a great time doing it. I started out wearing sz 22-24 pants and 1X-2X shirts, so I couldn't be happier and prouder. I work at a university, so it has also been pretty fun to get comments from returning students who last saw me 55 lbs heavier.

I still have trouble with fairly frequent nausea, but I am able to get in my daily Protein and my labs were good at my 3-month post-op visit. Just the thought or smell of carb-heavy foods make me want to gag, whcih is actually a blessing at this point. As I read somewhere recently, I can honestly say that I do a lot of things very, very well, but weight loss did taking care of myself did not used to be one of those things I did well. Thanks to the great tool I found in the sleeve, I am living a different life.

Best,

B and B

Just hit 70 lbs lost since surgery may 20th, and had to share my excitement!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!!

SW 310

Surgery 296

Current 226

It sounds like everyone is doing great., I'm still thrilled at my overall progress, however.... is anyone else slowed to a crawl? I still only weight about every 2-4 weeks usually at support group but at the last weigh in I lost only 5 pounds in about 2 weeks. I'm a little scared.

No more complaining (This is why I do NOT have a scale), only gleeful Thanks!!! I am doing it. I am in ONEderland. Thanks everyone.