Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my surgery date and my love is leaving me

Hi everyone , I am starting my 2 week pre op diet on the 16th and I just found out my seven year relationship is probably coming to an end. She wants someone else . I don't know what's happening and she has no answers except she doesn't know what she wants and she's confused . Now I have to go through this alone and I don't think I'm strong enough to do it . I can't eat or sleep and the only thing that numbs the pain is liquor . I am second guessing even having this surgery now . Has this happened to others ?

Don't ever make someone tell you twice they don't want you- Judge Lynn Toler?...the way I see it, this is a new beginning for you all the way around...the drinking needs to stop and pull yourself together before surgery. Start exercising and feeling good about yourself, there are more than one fish in the sea!

I know that's what I need to do but it's so hard . We have a lease together a life .. I don't know how it's going to play out but I guess your right that she's already told me she doesn't want me when she got into a relationship with someone else . Ugh it hurts . Maybe exercise is exactly what I need - I'll give it a try - maybe I can get out some aggression

I'm so sorry to hear. But don't think your not strong enough do the surgery. You'll feel better about yourself at the end this is for you! Your ex seeing you at your best will be the biggest FU! Stay strong do what u got to do stop the drinking now it's not to late don't let this opportunity slip away! Good luck! Hugs

My daughter had a partner who ditched her the same week her cat of 14 years died. She was really down in the dumps until a friend suggested that she join up with the roller derby crowd. What a great way to get out agression and get exercise at the same time. Yeah, being abandonned hurts...badly....but at least there is a new way to keep her mind occupied and her feelings in check.

If not now, this may have happened sooner or later. Whatever the dynamic of a partnership is, weight loss surgery changes relationships as well as bodies. This surgery still needs to be about you and improving your health. One thing that happens unexpectedly is that when we go through the physical changes, we find the "real" us that has been hiding behind years of fear, shame, and loss.

I hope that you still will have at least one person (parent, sibling, friend) that can be your support through the medical process. Then you can hope that on the other side you will find a new life that enhances who you really are. Please do not give alcohol any power over your health and happiness.

Here is a quote from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. Hopefully it will give you the courage you need to follow through with your surgery and begin your new life.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can.............BEGIN IT! For boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."

Don't ever make someone tell you twice they don't want you- Judge Lynn Toler?...the way I see it, this is a new beginning for you all the way around...the drinking needs to stop and pull yourself together before surgery. Start exercising and feeling good about yourself, there are more than one fish in the sea!

You are so right .This a new beginning for you, when one door closes another one open.Don't let anyone take your joy .

You are right . It probably should have happened long ago but love has always brought us through the rough Patches ! I need to focus on me that's why I'm having the surgery any way - the timing is horrible but then again what time wouldn't be ? Roller Durby would be fun and great exercise !

Sorry to hear this…but this is you're time to think about u…focus on U….this too shall pass….