Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At least I'm not the only one scared and nervous! My attitude has been lousy recently and I'm fighting what I call the "last meal" mindset. Like, I'd better eat a pizza (or Chinese food or whatever) now because I might never be able to eat it again. I know that's awful, but I'm just being honest about what I'm thinking. At this rate, I'll regain the whole amount I lost in 5 months of dieting to qualify for insurance.

Today my attitude is a little more positive than it was all last week, so I'm hoping to hang on to some will power. I'm having a big party on May 3, and I'll admit I planned it as my "last meal". I was always big on having parties and I don't know what I'll do in the future, I can't see making great food for 30 people and sitting in the corner eating yogurt and cottage cheese myself. I think I'm really scared of giving up my friend food.

I do serve some healthy food, things I could eat post-op when I have guests, but I think I'm also afraid I won't be able to eat in front of other people due to fear of vomiting, etc. How's that for a case of the nerves?

I thought I had the last meal issue as the day before I started my liver shrinking diet it was my b-day, but I just didn't have any appetite that day, and ended up not wanting anything outrageous. Now I am on an Atkins type of liver shrinking diet, so I monitor my carb and Protein intake. I can have between 40-50 grams of carbs daily and 70-120 grams of Protein. While eating low fat. It has given me an opportunity to start to cooking (mainly baking because I am a baker) using almond or coconut flour. I have made muffins, cakes, bread, and all sorts of items that my children have no clue they are not made with the traditional white flour. This weekend is my son's b-day so the people coming over to Celebrate with us are indulging in these foods too. Now I had read a blog post or article can't remember which, on what you said about the fear of vomiting in front of others and that is the reason why bandsters tend not to move out of the mushy food stage. The friends who have been banded only 1 of them expressed this fear and this is why she moves away from eating anything that is not soft. I would love to hear from other bandsters as I know it can be done to a certain extent.

I didn't want to mention the reason for my fear before because I don't want to spread negativity here, but I got freaked out when my friend told me about her daughter's experience. She suddenly vomited all over the table in a nice crowded restaurant! She had a bypass, not a band, and she did tend to keep overeating after her WLS, so I'm keeping in mind that I don't need to go down that path. I live alone and don't get out as often as most people because I use a wheelchair, so I'll have plenty of time to learn to eat while alone at home. I think the take away with that story is to follow the doctor's advice about post-op eating!

I'm also focusing on the idea that every day is another chance to succeed. After a bad week, I've ended up doing pretty well today. My eating is in line and I'm thinking about those old jeans that I might fit into pretty soon.

Samirax6, I'll bet those foods made with almond flour are delicious! I've never heard of almond flour.

DEAR Rose: yes MAy 20! i weekfrom today am starting my preop diet.by the way,had cheesecake last nite and threw up!it's a sign and i had better pay attention.how ru doing?r u getting ready?i want to behealthy more than anything right now.how about u?

DEAR Rose: yes MAy 20! i weekfrom today am starting my preop diet.by the way,had cheesecake last nite and threw up!it's a sign and i had better pay attention.how ru doing?r u getting ready?i want to behealthy more than anything right now.how about u?

Sitting at the hospital as we speak getting ready to do my pre-op. One week from today I will move into the land of the band! I'm getting nervous but am mostly excited. I'm ready to get it over with. My pre-op diet is going ok. I'm struggling with the fact that I want something salty SOOOOO bad! I have a Carnation Breakfast Essentials shake with 1/2 scoop Protein Powder 4 times a day and 1 Healthy Choice meal for supper. I just want this next week to go by quickly. However, I still have a few things I need to get done beforehand. Best of luck to us ALL!!!

Can you have chicken broth? Or maybe a pickle? I eat 1-2 pickles a day to curb my salty tooth!

Sitting at the hospital as we speak getting ready to do my pre-op. One week from today I will move into the land of the band! I'm getting nervous but am mostly excited. I'm ready to get it over with. My pre-op diet is going ok. I'm struggling with the fact that I want something salty SOOOOO bad! I have a Carnation Breakfast Essentials shake with 1/2 scoop Protein powder 4 times a day and 1 Healthy Choice meal for supper. I just want this next week to go by quickly. However, I still have a few things I need to get done beforehand. Best of luck to us ALL!!!

Sitting at the hospital as we speak getting ready to do my pre-op. One week from today I will move into the land of the band! I'm getting nervous but am mostly excited. I'm ready to get it over with. My pre-op diet is going ok. I'm struggling with the fact that I want something salty SOOOOO bad! I have a Carnation Breakfast Essentials shake with 1/2 scoop Protein powder 4 times a day and 1 Healthy Choice meal for supper. I just want this next week to go by quickly. However, I still have a few things I need to get done beforehand. Best of luck to us ALL!!!

I know have you feel at least you could have a healthy choice meal. Me only Protein Shakes, Jello and broth. It's a struggle but I am hanging there, 5 more day to banded can't wait.

I'm excited for all of us and I hope everyone keeps posting their experiences. It helps so much to know others feel like I do and to get an idea of the little details about the whole thing. Sometimes I can't wrap my mind around the idea that it's going to actually happen because it's such a drastic change!

I'm excited for all of us and I hope everyone keeps posting their experiences. It helps so much to know others feel like I do and to get an idea of the little details about the whole thing. Sometimes I can't wrap my mind around the idea that it's going to actually happen because it's such a drastic change!

I agree about the changes. This site is wonderful I love how positive and helpful people are.

My last meal included Pasta and sushi

Just wrote the longest status ever! 1 week away and the nerves and anxiety are heightened! Dam, I thought the more I knew of what is going to occur the more it eases my mind, but now I am very nervous just for the procedure :(

Just wrote the longest status ever! 1 week away and the nerves and anxiety are heightened! Dam, I thought the more I knew of what is going to occur the more it eases my mind, but now I am very nervous just for the procedure :(

I have 2. Days left and feel the same way you do

don't be nervous! you got this!

I have 2. Days left and feel the same way you do

sooooo, one thing I didn't think about when I started the pre-op diet: pms. today is miserable, and I gained a pound, which I think is from bloat, because I def haven't had enough food to gain.

hoping these cramps and cravings will go away; those symptoms, plus a rainy day here in VA is making this day no fun, so far.

sooooo, one thing I didn't think about when I started the pre-op diet: pms. today is miserable, and I gained a pound, which I think is from bloat, because I def haven't had enough food to gain.

hoping these cramps and cravings will go away; those symptoms, plus a rainy day here in VA is making this day no fun, so far.

Betty, hope you day gets better. Don't worry that pound will come back off and than some. It has been in the 90's here I'll trade you a little sun for your rain.

@@bobomarge thank you! feeling a little better after some pamprin! no real appetite right now, though.