Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Drinks

Has anyone tried the whey liquid Protein shots sold at Walmart?

I find they taste like half-set Jello. If you mixed them in Water, they do taste better. But I recently found they are made mostly with collagen Proteins, which is not a good quality Protein (Google collagen protein bioavailability).

Since I’m only a week out from surgery and on the liquids only phase, I’ve been sticking to the Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex to hit my mark. While it’s not a shot, it’s 60g of protein when mixed with 8oz of Water. So one of these for Breakfast carries me over to lunch and then I switch to the Whey and Casein Proteins.< /p>

I use the Atkins ones. Because I like the chocolate and I like the package. I am an RN and sometimes I don't get breaks. This I can leave in the break room and sip between things.

I used the low carb Atkins shakes as well..... they only are good when served cold like most shakes. I've never tried the Premier Protein.... I tried to apply to get my insurance to cover them from Insure Nurtrition but i was denied..... they give the Premier Protein if you are approved... I got a generic brand from a Schnucks store here of Pure whey isolate vanilla Protein Powder and it's low carb and high protein...... you just got to look around. I like the vanilla because you can add flavoring to it. I was actually getting tired of the chocolate. Look online for the NOW products .... natural flavorings to add to anything that are sweetened only with Stevia so are very low carb and calories.... They come in all sorts of yummy flavors and very low calories.

I think the Bariatric Advantage whey Protein Shakes are good too but they seemed a little bit too sweet for my liking for some reason..... the one I hate is optisource and Isopure...... the liquid Proteins are made from collagen Protein and are horrible and is a much infrerior protein.

Thank all of you so much for responding to my post. Y'all have given me great ideas that will make choosing one so much easier.

I love Syntrax powder. It comes in a ton of different flavors. No sugar, 23 G Protein, no fat, no carbs, and no artificial sweeteners. The only downside is that I have to order it from Amazon. It's so tasty even the hubs and kids drink it in the morning!

I am one day post op and so far I have only tried the Premier Protein from Sam's Club. I like it but has anyone else experienced a bad after taste? Maybe it's just because I am so early into this that its making a little nauseated. I'm not sure.

I think it's just because you're only one day out. I was that same way. After about two weeks my tastes returned to 'normal'. I have to switch up the shakes because I begin to get sick of the same thing day in and day out.

any suggestion about unflavored Protein ? i have unjury but i can still smell it when i mix it with anything ughhhh

Yes they have Strawberries and Cream in the Premier shakes. They are pretty tasty!

I like the strawberries and cream flavor too!

The total lean 25 Protein premise shakes are great from GNC. The ready made shakes are 170 calls and 25 protien low sugar and carbs. You can also buy powder same flavors, but the calories go up usually to 200 for 2 scoops for the 25 protein lots of variety! Another favorite is pure protein van/choc flavor powders 150 cal/25 protein. Can buy it for $10 at Wegmans! These powders I've been really enjoying with mixing with unsweetened almond vanilla milk or Water and any different types of sugar free syrups I can find at Tj maxx, Marshall's and or Ross whih are usually around $3-4. Such a great variety to keep you from getting bored with flavors esp when doing many shakes a day! Good luck!

There is also the Pure Protein ready made shakes. You can find them in Trader Joe's. There are two kinds, one has 21g protein and the other has 35g protein. The chocolate and vanilla ones are great! I tried the Cookies and cream one that Pure Protein has and it tasted REALLY bad. It tasted like coconut and not at all like cookies and cream.

Has anyone tried the whey Liquid Protein shots sold at Walmart?

I do the 42gr Protein Shots. I like the grape best. I take 1/2 at a time. I'm also using the Bariatric Advantage orange cream and Celebrate vanilla cake batter Protein powders mixed with lactose free fat free milk. I just do 4 oz at a time.