Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in 9 days for me. Pre-op is Thursday at the doctor's office then at hospital afterwards. Gonna be a busy day for me on Thursday. Pre-op diet starts tomorrow.

My 10 day countdown starts tomorrow. My pre-op is Thursday. I am more worried about the pre-op than the surgery. This will be my 7th surgery so I am not scared of being put under the anesthesia or anything like that. However all my surgeries have been on my back. So I am a little nervous about having an abdominal surgery. I could handle the pain of having my spine fused twice, I think I can do this.

Im having mine 1 day before you, on the 24th. Can this week just fly past already??

Good luck to everyone having their surgery this week....

Im having mine 1 day before you, on the 24th. Can this week just fly past already??

I know this week is going to drag by. At least I will be busy with pre-op on Thursday.

@@codenameduchess I am the 23rd too! Good Luck! :)

Good luck to all of you 16ers who will be going in today! I go in tomorrow and so will be close behind you. I just want this wait to be over with. Tired of being in "stall" mode. This chic is ready to move forward!

B

Edited by Loveskinnyme

I NEED HELP!!!!! Ok Junies, I have a question for anyone who had or has to do a bowel prep before surgery. My doctor doesn't require it, however every other surgery I've had, did require it. I want to ensure there is NOTHING left in bowel, when they start cutting it up, lol!! I saw one surgery on Fat Doctor and when he cut the intestine liquidy green stuff/ poop came running out into this poor patient's abdominal cavity. Yuck!! And not good for infection control. I remembered from before that I needed one bottle of Citri-Mag and a box of Dulcolax. And that I need to start it tomorrow if surgery is Thursday. I think I'm supposed to do one Dulcolax pill at six pm tomorrow night, then another one at noon on Wednesday. And have half the bottle of Citro-Mag Wednesday morning and last half Wednesday at six. This sound about right? My last abdominal surgery was seven years ago, so I'm going from memory. Lol. I'm starting clear fluids only for all day Tuesday and Wednesday. Does this sound about right???? Help?!?!?!

All I have to do for bowel prep is one bottle of magnesium citrate at noon the day before surgery. I am also only allowed Clear Liquids that day.

Ok so my dr requires 10 days on the liquid diet before surgery, the last 3 clear liquids only. I actually started early in case they could moved surgery up (they did, but only one day). So basically I have been on the liquid diet since the 1st. I only ate one night after they had called to tell me my definite date is thurs the 19th and I was more then 10 days out.

My weight loss has fluctuated between 6 and 13lbs. It has hung out around 10lbs most of the time. But I freak out at night when I check and it only has me down like 6. She said they will actually reschedule on some patients who haven't lost enough, like only 5 lbs because it shows they may not be ready to stick to it. But I have been so devoted and stuck to it UNTIL THIS EVENING! I had to go get a Five Guys burger and fries. I wanted to get it on Saturday night but they had already closed. So I literally have been waiting. Funny thing is pizza is my ultimate favorite and I met some friends from church at Pizza Hut for lunch and all I had was Water, but I knew I really wanted that burger. It was like the last supper for me.

Anyway, now I'm worried if I'll be on clear liquids long enough now. My surgery is Thursday the 19th.

Anyone relate? Or have suggestions?

Ok so my dr requires 10 days on the liquid diet before surgery, the last 3 clear liquids only. I actually started early in case they could moved surgery up (they did, but only one day). So basically I have been on the liquid diet since the 1st. I only ate one night after they had called to tell me my definite date is thurs the 19th and I was more then 10 days out.

My weight loss has fluctuated between 6 and 13lbs. It has hung out around 10lbs most of the time. But I freak out at night when I check and it only has me down like 6. She said they will actually reschedule on some patients who haven't lost enough, like only 5 lbs because it shows they may not be ready to stick to it. But I have been so devoted and stuck to it UNTIL THIS EVENING! I had to go get a Five Guys burger and fries. I wanted to get it on Saturday night but they had already closed. So I literally have been waiting. Funny thing is pizza is my ultimate favorite and I met some friends from church at Pizza Hut for lunch and all I had was Water, but I knew I really wanted that burger. It was like the last supper for me.

Anyway, now I'm worried if I'll be on clear liquids long enough now. My surgery is Thursday the 19th.

Anyone relate? Or have suggestions?

Some surgeons only require one day of the bowel pep. My surgeon had me take magnesium citrate for the bowel prep at noon on the day before surgery (at 2). Drank it all at once. and then followed with water per the bottle. No other meds.

I would not suggest you take anything that your surgeon has not specifically told you to take before surgery. they are very picky about taking meds pre op. Call your doctors office

My surgery was yesterday at 7am. I was down 12.6 lbs so starting wright 274. All went sm oothly.. Noch. So far not a horrible experince nausea or a lot of pain. My nurses at OSU have all been males. hard time coming out from under meds. But not mu

I set a surgery day weight goal of 300 or less. I am only one pound away from my goal. I lost two pounds on the first day of my pre-op diet. It's looking like I will less than 300 on surgery day next week. I am really excited. I hope everyone who has had surgery already is having smooth recoveries.

June 26, yippee!

I had pre-op bloodwork done yesterday the 16th and have my pre-admission screening tomorrow! I met my weight loss requirement and exceeded it by 2 lbs by losing 15 instead of 13! I am so ready...I start my 3 day clear liquid diet on the 27th and go in on the 30th!

I started my pre-op diet yesterday. Honestly, it was a little rough. I was starving all day. Today seems to be a bit better. I am allowed to have one snack and a small salad along with my two Protein Shakes. I am still hungry as can be but not as cranky. Hopefully, it will continue to get a little easier as the days go by. I have my pre-op appointment on Thursday.