Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

Hi Jerseygrl. You and I have the same doctor and the same Vitamins, and I can't take them either. I get near them and I'm ready to vomit, so I've given up. I tried the opurity chewable vitamins and those gave me a stomach ache for a half hour too. I've given up on bariatric vitamins until I'm able to get things down more easily. I've gone to a womans daily Gummy Vitamin and am taking a Biotin pill.

@@Chanlissa lol luv it he was wonderful dr sadek I loved him!! These liquid vitamins suck every morning it hard to get down but I am trying. Haven't tried chewable but after this pack I might to see if it cheaper too. How are you doing since surgery?

I had a hard time with nausea with his vitamins before the surgery... i would have to drink them with a LOT of Water, and now that's not an option, and I haven't be able to get them down at all. One sip and I gag, so I had to give up (shhh don't tell him lol). I do really like Dr. Sadek and all of the people he works with have been SUPER nice and helpful. I'm doing really well since the surgery, Other than with the vitamins I haven't really have any nausea, no vomiting at all... every now and then I'll test the waters with something I know I have no business having, but I seem to have been able to tolerate everything. How about you?

I had a hard time with nausea with his Vitamins before the surgery... i would have to drink them with a LOT of Water, and now that's not an option, and I haven't be able to get them down at all. One sip and I gag, so I had to give up (shhh don't tell him lol). I do really like Dr. Sadek and all of the people he works with have been SUPER nice and helpful. I'm doing really well since the surgery, Other than with the vitamins I haven't really have any nausea, no vomiting at all... every now and then I'll test the waters with something I know I have no business having, but I seem to have been able to tolerate everything. How about you?

@@Chanlissa before surgery wasn't bad on the vitamins after it depends on the day. Yea I try 4-6oz of water but sucks. Me either just one day last week maybe cuz I got my monthly I vomited but besides that can't complain tried pretzels, popcorn, hummus, crackers, Jello , pudding , eggs, tomatoes, pastina. All good n fine n tuna too no heavy meats yet but Soups with some stuff in it good too. Me too lol I'm trying things slowly maybe to soon but so far hey if it stays down n I can get a couple bits luv it. I'm 2week tomorrow since surgery weighing everyday had a stall a couple days thinking not enough walking n cuz of my monthly. Easter I'm trying fish we r going out to eat n mashed potatoes we shall see what happens. Keep in touch. Good luck =}

Wat kind of things do u guys do to get ur energy/stamina back?

I almost needed a nap before Water aerobics, but once there I worked out and felt energetic. In other words, I'm trying to push myself to do things that I want to do that will help me and my weight loss.

If you find out let me know... Lol!

Me too! I thought by this time I would have more energy.

I'm getting to the point where the mushy foods are making me feel mentally nauseous. You know before I even eat them. I'm so sick of it. I've always been a big texture person and the mushy texture is really getting to be gross. I am eating less because it's so unappealing.

There's only so much cottage cheese, mashed potatoes and Greek yogurt one person can take.

I want something crispy!!!!

I'm getting to the point where the mushy foods are making me feel mentally nauseous. You know before I even eat them. I'm so sick of it. I've always been a big texture person and the mushy texture is really getting to be gross. I am eating less because it's so unappealing.

There's only so much cottage cheese, mashed potatoes and Greek yogurt one person can take.

I know what you mean about texture. I love crispy! I haven't had surgery yet but I bet I will miss this like you! It's almost like we all start life over again. I feel like it's going to be like formula (liquids) then Gerber stages (soft foods) lol

It is the variety i am missing. I know I am not hungry as such, I am just trying to eat the best of what i can have. I spent nearly 50 bucks on whey Protein and I can not stomach it in the shake. I will try it in other things tomorrow.

I just had a spoon of refried Beans with salsa, a little light cheese and light sour cream. It was like a mini Mexican feast, it was nice to break the monotony.

It wont be long and we can have crispy.

Me too! I thought by this time I would have more energy. I'm getting to the point where the mushy foods are making me feel mentally nauseous. You know before I even eat them. I'm so sick of it. I've always been a big texture person and the mushy texture is really getting to be gross. I am eating less because it's so unappealing. There's only so much cottage cheese, mashed potatoes and Greek yogurt one person can take. I want something crispy!!!!

Try a cracker. Just chew until completely mushed.

Me too! I thought by this time I would have more energy. I'm getting to the point where the mushy foods are making me feel mentally nauseous. You know before I even eat them. I'm so sick of it. I've always been a big texture person and the mushy texture is really getting to be gross. I am eating less because it's so unappealing. There's only so much cottage cheese, mashed potatoes and Greek yogurt one person can take. I want something crispy!!!!

tried hummus? It's packed with Protein & allowed during mushy stage?

Stop complaining people and keep your eye on the ball. Remember why we did this it's to get healthy.

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine :)

While I'm not a fan of focusing on the negative myself, I don't necessarily see what people are pointing out as frustrations so much as complaining, as I do venting. Also, it's a way to compare their experiences to see if they are the only ones having these issues. I know for me the "complaining" has helped me see that I'm doing pretty darn good with my progress, and for others I think it helps them see that they are not alone.

So, even though I prefer not to focus n the negative, if it's helping you guys post away!! Personally if I were bothered by it I just wouldn't read it :) seems like the easiest solution

are you still doing your Protein Shakes? It could all be in my head, but I feel like my morning Protein Shake has replaced my morning coffee and gives me more energy. Also, I just started taking b complex Vitamins which are also suppose to help.